Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:49 PM

Isn't that already being done?

No...I'm pretty sure Isitt has a home.

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#23 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Why doesn't the city give away cans of spray paint in various colours to the homeless, let them decide and pay them to do it?  

Lisa......before you run off with this idea.....I am being sarcastic.

Liability, if Isitt gets the spray can backwards.

Edited by todd, 21 July 2017 - 08:56 PM.

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#24 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hmmm....good point.  Does Isitt own a skateboard?

#25 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:13 PM

Loveday stole it at a council meeting.

#26 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

I don't know specifically about street furnature, but with mesh fencing (the type you see used around a tennis court, or behind a baseball diamond) it's known that using black colouring for the fencing makes the fence disappear more into the background (saanich chose it for the fencing at lambrick park when they had the opportunity to replace fence). the same visual effect might also apply here, making the rest of the sidewalk and street become more visually prominent.

you would think they would want the garbage cans to stand out and be visually prominent.. not blend into the background

#27 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

Is there anything that the city does that does not cause all the moaning and drooling?

The JSB looked great when it was black up until the mid 70s

Edited by HB, 22 July 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#28 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Some of the downtown streets are in need of a good scrub. Shop owners in Europe seem to do this regularly. Why don't we? Even if they just threw out a bucket of hot water every day it would help.

• Nparker, rjag, sebberry and 2 others like this

#29 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

Some of the downtown streets are in need of a good scrub. Shop owners in Europe seem to do this regularly. Why don't we? Even if they just threw out a bucket of hot water every day it would help.

I've seen in downtown Vancouver water trucks going down completely flooding the streets and washing away the smell, grime, hantavirus, plague, etc., never seen this practice in Victoria.

Unless we go into stage 2 watering restrictions I see no problem(washing sidewalks is restricted in stage 2), and even then they make an exception “to comply with health or safety regulations”.

Go wash your sidewalk now!

• Nparker likes this

#30 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Many store owners downtown clean the sidewalks in front of their businesses each and every morning they are forced to if they want the human shit_ and piss and puss washed away and if they don't want their front of their store to smell like a urine storage facility and a full diaper

Edited by HB, 22 July 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#31 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Many store owners downtown clean the sidewalks in front of their businesses each and every morning they are forced to if they want the human shit_ and piss and puss washed away and if they don't want their front of their store to smell like a urine storage facility and a full diaper

Yep, for a while there back in the day I would start my work day downtown Victoria cleaning up the lot in front: urine, feces, needles, unidentified matter, the dumpster usually would have been broken into and scattered around the lot(stopped locking it because they would just break the locks), one-time found some gun shell casings.

#32 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:57 PM

I've seen in downtown Vancouver water trucks going down completely flooding the streets and washing away the smell, grime, hantavirus, plague, etc., never seen this practice in Victoria.

Unless we go into stage 2 watering restrictions I see no problem(washing sidewalks is restricted in stage 2), and even then they make an exception “to comply with health or safety regulations”.

Go wash your sidewalk now!

the city does have trucks that wash the road, they have gone down my street, sadly the only thing they did was push the dirt, leaves and debris from the gutter area into the road leaving a trail behind for the next windstorm/rain to push it all back in

• mbjj likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users