Mayweather vs. McGregor

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

So, it's expected to be the largest pay per view event in the history of the world.

https://www.forbes.c...g/#254de1513d00

According to Keith Idec of Boxing Scene, Mayweather is expected to make at least $100 million but his take could balloon to four times that much if the event hits all of its monetary metrics. McGregor will make at least $75 million, which is five times as much as he's made from any UFC event.

McGregor has made millions from endorsement and other revenue, but he's never made this kind of money simply for fighting. His take could grow exponentially as well if the event is as big of a success as it's pacing to be.

Boxing Kingdom estimates the purses could be as high as $400 million for Mayweather and $127 million for McGregor.

Ch7YNN4XIAE99S-.0.0.jpg

In Victoria, a couple Boston Pizzas will have it, plus:

• Red Fox Pub at the Red Lion
  • Yates Street Taphouse - their first ever PPV - $20 advance tickets, includes beer, no reserved seating, doors at 5pm, tickets available now
  • Strathcona:  $15 advance for Games Room (full food menu), $10 advance for Distrikt Nightclub (limited food menu) - tickets go on Sale August 1 at 11am, front desk

I'll add more as I find them...

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 29 July 2017 - 06:45 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:52 AM

As of today, this is who has paid to carry the fight.

Yates Street Taphouse - $20, ticket includes your first beer. No reservations, doors at 5pm. Tickets on sale now in person, daily after 11:30am.

Strath - $10 in nightclub limited food menu, $15 in Games Room full menu, tickets on sale now @ front desk

Fleet Club - military members and guests only

Boston Pizza Langford - free

Shark Club - $10, pick your reserved table when you buy tickets

Fox Pub - $10 at door, no advance tickets

Waddling Dog - no cover before 5pm (no indication what it is after), Bud Light Girls

... and I expect Boston Pizza Uptown (free)

Confirmed now it's $99HD or $89SD to order at home.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 August 2017 - 05:54 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

I will not make the mistake of buying another Mayweather fight on PPV. I would watch at a bar, but we will be on our cruise then. Not sure if they will show the fight on board or not, but I'm guessing no.
  • Wayne likes this

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

I will not make the mistake of buying another Mayweather fight on PPV. I would watch at a bar, but we will be on our cruise then. Not sure if they will show the fight on board or not, but I'm guessing no.

What I find odd is there appears to be no way to buy the option to stream online to a mobile device - at any price.  They must be scared that a single person will take that feed and share it somehow.  That's too bad, it really goes counter to the gains we've made in mobile access to streaming.

• jonny likes this

#5 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

What really pissed me off about the Mayweather / Pacquiao card was that there were only two other fights, which were both awful. I was expecting Mayweather to be boring, but you'd think they could team it up with at least one other decent bout. Nope.

#6 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

They are playing this at Cineplex Silvercity Tillicum as well.  Not sure of the cost.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

They are playing this at Cineplex Silvercity Tillicum as well.  Not sure of the cost.

Movie theatres around the U.S. will show the Aug. 26 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor.

The bout between the undefeated boxer and the Irish UFC champion will cost $99.95 on high-definition pay-per-view TV. Tickets for the fight at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena will range from $500 to $10,000 — and there aren’t many $500 seats.

Meanwhile, movie theatre tickets for the fighting spectacle of the year are being sold at $40 per adult in advance. A complete list of participating theatres can be found at http://www.FathomEvents.com .

Fathom Events and Mayweather Promotions announced the partnership on Tuesday.

http://vibrantvictor...er-vs-mcgregor/

I'm trying to find Cineplex pricing...

EDIT:  $41.95 CDN

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 August 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#8 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

I made the same mistake of paying to watch Mayweather on PPV.

Hope he gets his ass kicked.
  • jonny likes this

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Do you remember the cost for that PPV? $79? $99?

#10 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

It was well over $100. $140 maybe?

#11 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

I paid $ 99 to watch Mayweather and Canelo.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

That seems odd with this one only being $99CDN.

We are also getting a bit of a deal too, as this one is $99US for US cable subscribers.

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

It was $94.99 here.

http://globalnews.ca...ight-in-canada/

http://www.dailymail...-elsewhere.html

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 05 August 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#14 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

It was about $100 too much then.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

**NEW UDATES in bold

As of today, this is who has paid the promoter to show the fight:

Yates Street Taphouse - $20, ticket includes your first beer. No reservations, doors at 5pm. Tickets on sale now in person, daily after 11:30am.

Strath - $10 in nightclub limited food menu, $15 in Games Room full menu, tickets on sale now @ front desk

Fleet Club - military members and guests only

Shark Club - $10, pick your reserved table when you buy tickets

Fox Pub - $10 at door, no advance tickets

Darcy's West Shore - 
6PM doors / Pre-lims Start - Get in early for the best seats!
Tickets available at the bar now!
$20 Advanced General Admission Tickets – ($25 at the door)
$160 for a Reserved VIP Table for 4 people - Includes admission, Jug of beer or Cocktail, and 4 of our Chef's feature appies!
-To reserve a table, please inquire at the bar-
-Seating is limited - first come first served-

Darcy's downtown Wharf St. - $10 at door, no advance sales, no reservations

Waddling Dog - no cover before 5pm (no indication what it is after), Bud Light Girls

SilverCity Tillicum - $41.95

Black Swan - Shawnigan Lake - pre-selling tickets at $15.00 that will guarantee you a seat at a table. Tickets will be $20.00 at the door. 

Confirmed now it's $99HD or $89SD for home viewing.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 11 August 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

**NEW UPDATES in bold

As of today, this is who has paid:

Darcy's West Shore - 
$160 for a Reserved VIP Table for 4 people - Includes admission, Jug of beer or Cocktail, and 4 of our Chef's feature appies!

Langford Lanes - FREE, but all tickets gone now

Black Swan - Shawnigan Lake - pre-selling tickets at $15.00 that will guarantee you a seat at a table. Tickets will be $20.00 at the door. 

#17 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

Is there a special rate for VV members who will never watch the fight?

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

NEW UPDATES in bold

1550's pub style restaurant - unknown pricing yet, staff had no idea what I was talking about, will follow up

Darcy's West Shore - 

Boston Pizza Uptown - free

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

NEW UPDATES in bold

1550's Pub Style Restaurant - private event, not open to public

Darcy's West Shore - 

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:38 AM

Fleet Club - military members and guests only SOLD OUT

1550's Pub Style Restaurant - private event, not open to public - SOLD OUT

Shark Club - $10, pick your reserved table when you buy tickets

Fox Pub - $10 at door, no advance tickets

Darcy's West Shore -

Langford Lanes - FREE - SOLD OUT

Black Swan - Shawnigan Lake - pre-selling tickets at $15.00 that will guarantee you a seat at a table. Tickets will be $20.00 at the door.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users