• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

As of today, this is who has paid, likely the final list now:

Yates Street Taphouse - $20, ticket includes your first beer. No reservations, doors at 5pm. Tickets on sale now in person, daily after 11:30am.  ~ 40 TICKETS LEFT

Strathcona - $10 in nightclub limited food menu, $15 in Games Room full menu, tickets on sale now @ front desk

Fleet Club - military members and guests only SOLD OUT

Boston Pizza Langford - free

1550's Pub Style Restaurant - private event, not open to public - SOLD OUT

Shark Club - $10, pick your reserved table when you buy tickets

Fox Pub - $10 at door, no advance tickets

Darcy's West Shore
6PM doors / Pre-lims Start - Get in early for the best seats!
Tickets available at the bar now!
$20 Advanced General Admission Tickets – ($25 at the door)
$160 for a Reserved VIP Table for 4 people - Includes admission, Jug of beer or Cocktail, and 4 of our Chef's feature appies!
-To reserve a table, please inquire at the bar-
-Seating is limited - first come first served-  ONLY A FEW TABLES LEFT

Darcy's downtown Wharf St. - $10 at door, no advance sales, no reservations

Langford Lanes - FREE - SOLD OUT

Waddling Dog - no cover before 5pm (no indication what it is after), Bud Light Girls

SilverCity Tillicum - $41.95

Black Swan - Shawnigan Lake - pre-selling tickets at $15.00 that will guarantee you a seat at a table. Tickets will be $20.00 at the door. 

Boston Pizza Uptown - free 

Cobblestone Pub Cobble Hill - $15 per seat

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 19 August 2017 - 06:33 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Very much surprised how much interest this fight seems to be generating. Guess that's why they call him Floyd "Money" Mayweather.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Very much surprised how much interest this fight seems to be generating. Guess that's why they call him Floyd "Money" Mayweather.

He's making $25M just for clothing logos on his gear during the fight.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:31 AM

Yates Street Taphouse - $20, ticket includes your first beer. No reservations, doors at 5pm. Tickets on sale now in person, daily after 11:30am. - SOLD OUT

Strath - $10 in nightclub limited food menu, $15 in Games Room full menu, tickets on sale now @ front desk GAMES ROOM SOLD OUT

Fleet Club - military members and guests only SOLD OUT

Boston Pizza Langford - free

1550's Pub Style Restaurant - private event, not open to public - SOLD OUT

Shark Club - $10, pick your reserved table when you buy tickets SOLD OUT

Fox Pub - $10 at door, no advance tickets

Darcy's West Shore -
6PM doors / Pre-lims Start - Get in early for the best seats!
Tickets available at the bar now!
$20 Advanced General Admission Tickets – ($25 at the door)
$160 for a Reserved VIP Table for 4 people - Includes admission, Jug of beer or Cocktail, and 4 of our Chef's feature appies!
-To reserve a table, please inquire at the bar-
-Seating is limited - first come first served- SOLD OUT

Darcy's downtown Wharf St. - $10 at door, no advance sales, no reservations

Langford Lanes - FREE - SOLD OUT

Waddling Dog - no cover before 5pm (no indication what it is after), Bud Light Girls

SilverCity Tillicum - $41.95

Black Swan - Shawnigan Lake - pre-selling tickets at $15.00 that will guarantee you a seat at a table. Tickets will be $20.00 at the door.

Boston Pizza Uptown - free

#25 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:52 AM

Or should people boycott the fight because it encourages licensed infliction of permanent brain damage?

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

Or should people boycott the fight because it encourages licensed infliction of permanent brain damage?

That's not gonna happen.  After all, this is the biggest black vs. white fight in history.  Finally proving which is the superior race.

I'm kidding of course.  That question has already been settled.  76.3% of NBA players are black, and 66% of NFL players are. Even baseball has 9% blacks.  While the percentage overall in the USA is 12%.

The NHL is the racist league, where 98% of the players are white.  that's the league Canadians really embrace, with 7 pro franchises, compared to our 1 MLB and 1 NBA team.   

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 25 August 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#27 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

^ the NHL is also the only league of those mentioned that condones fighting...

#28 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,600 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

That's not gonna happen.  After all, this is the biggest black vs. white fight in history.  Finally proving which is the superior race.

I'm kidding of course.  That question has already been settled.  76.3% of NBA players are black, and 66% of NFL players are. Even baseball has 9% blacks.  While the percentage overall in the USA is 12%.

The NHL is the racist league, where 98% of the players are white.  that's the league Canadians really embrace, with 7 pro franchises, compared to our 1 MLB and 1 NBA team.   

Not sure if you'r being facetious here or not: you do realize I assume that historically the vast, vast majority of NHL players came from Canada which had all of about 153 black people back when we comprised 99.9% of all players in the NHL, right?

Its only in the last generation where we've seen a large influx of immigrants from Haiti and other places where blacks are a majority. And any kid moving to Montreal from Haiti (or anywhere else where ice is only ever encountered when tossed into a drink) at age 12 or so is already well behind the learning curve since most Canadian kids that are serious about hockey are skating by age 4-5....

Given the very small percentage of blacks in this country, back in the late 80's/early 90's when Grant Fuhr or Tony McKegney and a few others were playing, proportionately the number of blacks playing the NHL was about right given the infinitesimal numbers of Canadian-born blacks. And this is Canada where hockey is king: relatively speaking no one give's a rat's ass comparatively-speaking about basketball or baseball. Victoria because of our milder climate is of an exception but spend time in real winter - IOW the majority of Canada where "winter" lasts longer that the traditional 3 weeks here - anywhere roughly east of the Kootenay's, its hockey, hockey and more hockey...

Edited by AllseeingEye, 25 August 2017 - 09:22 AM.

#29 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

The most racist sport is Table Tennis.  What a shame.

08/2017 – General List – Men

Ranking Previous Name Assoc. Ranking Pts. 1 1 MA Long CHN 3427 2 2 FAN Zhendong CHN 3309 3 3 XU Xin CHN 3072 4  5 OVTCHAROV Dimitrij GER 2965 5 4 ZHANG Jike CHN 2893 6 7 MIZUTANI Jun JPN 2800 7 6 BOLL Timo GER 2793 8 8 WONG Chun Ting HKG 2783 9 9 NIWA Koki JPN 2779 10 12 SAMSONOV Vladimir BLR 2732

View comprehensive men world ranking data on our old site.

08/2017 – General List – Women Ranking Previous Name Assoc. Ranking Pts. 1 1 DING Ning CHN 3456 2 4 CHEN Meng CHN 3302 3 2 ZHU Yuling CHN 3287 4 3 LIU Shiwen CHN 3241 5 5 HIRANO Miu JPN 3139 6 6 FENG Tianwei SGP 3095 7 7 ISHIKAWA Kasumi JPN 3087 8 8 CHENG I-Ching TPE 3020 9 9 HAN Ying ^ GER 3011 10  10 SUN Yingsha CHN 2971

#30 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Apparently a lot of boxing fans are boycotting the match, still lots of seats available at the venue as of last week. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

The AVERAGE list price for a ticket is $3,300 so it's not like the average Joe was going in the first place.

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

On Monday, the cheapest option on TicketIQ for row A in the 200 level was $5,700. As of this morning, that ticket is going for $2,825. For front-row seats in the 100 level, tickets that were listed for $16,000 on Monday are available for $9,000 today.

#33 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Apparently a lot of boxing fans are boycotting the match, still lots of seats available at the venue as of last week. 

I'm not a fan, but might watch the highlights on the news some day.

• VicHockeyFan and AllseeingEye like this

#34 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

^Heck, I might even go out on a limb and watch the news that day.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#35 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Snoozefest coming. I've never seen an exciting Mayweather bout. He fights not to lose or get hit much, the greatest defensive fighter since Willie Pep...awesome skills and ring savvy but boring.

My prediction: it will take him two rounds at most to figure out what McGregor wants to do and, more important, what he can do.
McGregor will throw lunging roundhouse punches that will miss by a mile. Counterpuncher Floyd will step inside and throw five punches on target before McGregor sees the first one.

Floyd will carve him up for a mercy stoppage within six or seven.

#36 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Hmmm. But McGregor also knows how to take a hit. He's not afraid of blood or pain, Mayweather on the other hand might not hold up in that regard.

Anyone got any money on this one? Less than 11 rounds is paying out 1.5x.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#37 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

At the highest levels none of these guys fear blood or pain. McGregor has no speed, poor foot movement. He's a bar brawler and Floyd is a surgeon. Floyd can take a hit and in the unlikely event McG lands something, FM knows how to ride out the round.

FM also has ring savvy to burn, knows how to run a fight. He's not a one-puncher like Pacquiao vs Hatton. He will use speed (hand and foot) and always-superb conditioning to exhaust the brawler then slice him up with crisp accurate shots. McG will be a bloody mess.

That said, I'd like to see FM given a shitkicking but it won't happen against someone who has no boxing experience. Kinda like a Victoria Harbour Cat facing Koufax curveballs.

Edited by johnk, 26 August 2017 - 02:11 PM.

#38 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

So who on here is going to be periscoping it for the rest of us to watch?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#39 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,600 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

I don't actually know anyone personally who cares one iota about this grossly over-hyped "event". I have a very wide circle of friends and acquaintances of whom precisely none as far I am aware could be bothered with this evening's circus - never mind actually paying to watch it. But then of course America is all about Marketing with a capital "M", and specializes in hyping anything and everything with great success. Polish it enough and even a turd can shine I suppose.

I saw a 20 second clip on late night sports the other night where that goof from Ireland basically growled in Mayweather's face. Wow. Super entertaining; real (yawn) 'edge of your seat' stuff. I presume that was supposed to be seen as either a) cool; b) intimidating; or c) "tough". It was none of those things and just reinforced why I wouldn't pay .5 cents to watch this thing. In addition to being an Olympic champion at least Muhammad Ali was an entertaining, all-world caliber interview who could spontaneously manufacture amusing prose. S***, provoke him enough I can get even my dog to growl.....

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

Packed house since 4pm at Taphouse! $20 to get in, but sold out a week ago.

Some generation loves it!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users