265 replies to this topic

#261 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,246 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:25 PM

Lol

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#262 jonny

jonny
  • 8,624 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:48 PM

Lyft is now an official sponsor of the Vancouver Canucks.

#263 tjv

tjv
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:02 PM

I was refused service by 3 cabs at YYJ a few years back. I used to park my car at work in Keating X Rd when we went out of town and catch a cab from teh airport back to Keating when we got back. Quite a few occasions (3 I can think of, I was refused service as it wasnt far enough and at 11pm at night there is no other business at Keating so he'd either have to deadhead downtown or go back to the airport and get to the back of the line. In those situations I had to walk the line to get someone and even then there'd be grumbling.

All it takes is one or 2 bad experiences. We are the customer, if theres choices to be made then the customer needs to be able to choose. When the taxi cartel starts doing what they are doing then they are alienating more than they are winning over. Its a business, the government needs to stop meddling with it as they are in on it by restricting the supply they get to collect massive fees for the medallions....those days are over....

Interesting, I can't say I have experienced that and I live near Butchart Gardens

I think if I got into a cab and they refused to take me somewhere I would want their name and cab # so I can report them

Both Uber and Lyft both prohibit their drivers from carrying weapons. 

This is Lyft's weapon policy:

To keep our entire community comfortable, Lyft has a strict "No Weapons" policy. This means that if any driver or passenger possesses a weapon in a Lyft vehicle, regardless of whether possession is legal where they are, they will be removed from the platform.

We approach this issue from a community perspective — it’s hard to know what someone else is or isn't comfortable with. The mere presence of a weapon might make another community member distressed.

Lyft reserves sole judgement on what constitutes a "weapon."

I can hear a lot of excuses like "Oh I had to change my tire yesterday and was in a rush so i didn't have time to put the tire iron away"

#264 spanky123

spanky123
  • 10,324 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:05 AM

Both Uber and Lyft both prohibit their drivers from carrying weapons. 

This is Lyft's weapon policy:

To keep our entire community comfortable, Lyft has a strict "No Weapons" policy. This means that if any driver or passenger possesses a weapon in a Lyft vehicle, regardless of whether possession is legal where they are, they will be removed from the platform.

We approach this issue from a community perspective — it’s hard to know what someone else is or isn't comfortable with. The mere presence of a weapon might make another community member distressed.

Lyft reserves sole judgement on what constitutes a "weapon."

I bet taxi companies do the same!

• Mystic-Pizza likes this

#265 spanky123

spanky123
  • 10,324 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

From the TC this morning. At least we now know why we will never have ride sharing here.

That concern is shared by the B.C. Federation of Labour, which criticized multinational companies such as Uber for creating precarious and unstable work environments with low wages.

#266 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,246 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

The more I think about it the more it want to think that Uber and Lyft aren’t about to sit back and get taken for a ride. They’ll have their own lobbying efforts and government won’t be able to play this smoke and mirrors thing for too much longer.

Once ridesharing arrives watch as everything settles down and both industries recognize what their strengths and weaknesses are and they’ll move on from there.

Uber, for example, will never gain in popularity among the 50+ crowd. Meanwhile

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.