Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21552 replies to this topic

#9261 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

^ octopuses don't either, how disgusting.

Discrimination they don’t make size giant octopus masks.

#9262 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

I would imagine McEachern was let go with a generous severance package.

I wonder if the guy that killed the 19 year old tourist from Quebec is back living at 844 Johnson street. It’s been almost a year so time to get out again....and central care home would be welcoming him with open arms...meanwhile the neighbours are completely in the dark...

#9263 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

I wonder if the guy that killed the 19 year old tourist from Quebec is back living at 844 Johnson street. It’s been almost a year so time to get out again....and central care home would be welcoming him with open arms...meanwhile the neighbours are completely in the dark...

The one that was charged with the crime is still in prison.  He never made bail.  We don't know yet until proven in court if he is guilty.

• A Girl is No one likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9264 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Dynamic police intervention! West Shore RCMP nab trailer theft suspects

MORE:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9265 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

I guess all the Langford crooks were busy in Victoria. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#9266 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Seems odd that guy charged with murder with his car in Rockland just was able to leave the country.  Never occurred to the judge to order him to surrender his passport?

• Bingo likes this

#9267 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

What's with all of the bizarre graffiti downtown of late? I saw a swastika and some other drivel painted on the Canadian Western Bank at Douglas/View Sunday morning. Fatburger and Frontrunners apparently were also covered in swastikas. There has been lots of rambling, bizarre graffiti around Johnson/Quadra and Yates/Quadra the past few weeks as well. 

#9268 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

^There's a fellow wandering downtown with a felt marker writing apocalyptic religious nonsense everywhere. He was writing on the bench outside the Market On Yates only five feet away from the security guard. I told the guard and he spun around, yelling at the vandal, "HEY! What do you think you're doing?! What's the matter with you?"

#9269 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Seems odd that guy charged with murder with his car in Rockland just was able to leave the country.  Never occurred to the judge to order him to surrender his passport?

Now he's in France.

http://www.timescolo...ance-1.23104560

#9270 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:51 AM

Yes, this all seems to be in the same or similar felt marker. Wouldn't surprise me if this were the doing of one person. 

#9271 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Well, of course he is. Paris is beautiful in November. No tourists, crisp fall weather.

• VicHockeyFan and Love the rock like this

#9272 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

$5,000 bail for attempted murder and the judge said it was OK for him to go live in Montreal? What the...

And politicians will wonder why people have less and less confidence in the criminal justice system. 

• Nostalgic Victoria, pennymurphy2000, A Girl is No one and 1 other like this

#9273 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

Well, he had pretty strict bail conditions.  Then they were relaxed slightly.  But I'm not sure how a guy on bail for 2x attempted murder even gets through the passport check-point to England.  No red flag there?

#9274 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

His passport should have been revoked. $5k bail sounds like a joke, too. That's barely more costly than drunk driving or excessive speeding. 

#9275 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:10 PM

$5,000 bail for attempted murder and the judge said it was OK for him to go live in Montreal? What the...

And politicians will wonder why people have less and less confidence in the criminal justice system. 

We have had several local investment guys just hop on the ferry and disappear over the border in recent years.

The Paris guy is probably now in North Korea sampling the gourmet food. Ugh!

• jonny likes this

#9276 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:10 PM

There is also a swastika marked on the Quadra side of Island Blue Print. Emily Carr's paint box has been tagged. This city is out of control. It is so sad to see it slide further and further every single day. Crazy messages written on the tile outside Mings restaurant. Some poor soul sleeping inside the Mings door way every morning when I drive by at 8.30 am. Pandora for the most part is a zombie waste land of despair. There is still graffiti on the slide at the playground despite me reporting it several weeks ago. 

• Nostalgic Victoria, Midnightly and A Girl is No one like this

#9277 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:12 PM

Would he have had to turn in his driver's license (since it's alleged that he used a car to try to kill people) and so they let him keep his passport for ID purposes?

#9278 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

Meanwhile, granny gets interrogated at the airport because the label fell off her jar of Dippity-Doo.

#9279 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

What's with all of the bizarre graffiti downtown of late? I saw a swastika and some other drivel painted on the Canadian Western Bank at Douglas/View Sunday morning. Fatburger and Frontrunners apparently were also covered in swastikas. There has been lots of rambling, bizarre graffiti around Johnson/Quadra and Yates/Quadra the past few weeks as well. 

There is also a swastika marked on the Quadra side of Island Blue Print. Emily Carr's paint box has been tagged. This city is out of control. It is so sad to see it slide further and further every single day. Crazy messages written on the tile outside Mings restaurant. Some poor soul sleeping inside the Mings door way every morning when I drive by at 8.30 am. Pandora for the most part is a zombie waste land of despair. There is still graffiti on the slide at the playground despite me reporting it several weeks ago. 

Probably the work of one of the lowlife transients who benefit from the current city council in power (no surprise as the swastika is a symbol of the Nazis, which, like the Communists, are on the far-Left) and said lowlife is simply putting his own mentality on display.

Edited by Nostalgic Victoria, 27 November 2017 - 11:22 PM.

#9280 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

All on account of bleeding-heart politicians and judges that are soft on crime and prefer coddling criminals to locking them up.

• mbjj likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (3)