He did say good man. Not any man.
  • Nparker, jonny and GaryRanson like this

#9342 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

I think VHF just signed up for duty.

• nagel likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#9343 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

He probably would hit that.
  • Redd42 likes this

#9344 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Oh, you might be surprised.

Karla Homolka comes to mind
  • Redd42 likes this

#9345 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

24177035_10155786810725505_1056293543553739210_n.jpg

• todd and Love the rock like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9346 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

Hmm..Glad to see the RCMP and local police are on the job .
Long arm or should I say thumb stamping out crime .
I'll sleep bettering in my bed tonight.
Thank you
  • A Girl is No one likes this

#9347 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

Police and RCMP eh? I got CSIS working my christmas bulb theft.

Edited by todd, 02 December 2017 - 07:41 PM.

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker and sebberry like this

#9348 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Police and RCMP eh? I got CSIS working my christmas bulb theft.

At least that’s what he told me when I found him in my bushes..

#9349 Nostalgic Victoria

Nostalgic Victoria
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

OMG we have a death penalty advocate.

I’m not one. With the death penalty you invariably kill a few innocents.

Assisted death for life sentence criminals that choose it? That might make sense.

For the Kelly Ellards, Vince Lis, Paul Bernardos and Clifford Olsons of this world, it's definitely something to consider.

#9350 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:35 AM

You know, I'm thinking again of that green bike I saw with all the homeless belongings.  Would it not be considered smart, proactive policing to stop and question that person, if you were a cop?

That's what pisses me off, we have cops waking people up every morning, but not enforcing laws, when it's pretty clear a theft has taken place.

• Rob Randall and Midnightly like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9351 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

...we have cops waking people up every morning, but not enforcing laws, when it's pretty clear a theft has taken place.

They'd have to charge nearly every homeless person with theft then, unless there is a place where used shopping-carts are available for deeply-discounted prices.

#9352 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

A man was stabbed in the face yesterday afternoon on Admirals at Esquimalt. Police were able to track down the assailant who lived nearby.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9353 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

You know, I'm thinking again of that green bike I saw with all the homeless belongings.  Would it not be considered smart, proactive policing to stop and question that person, if you were a cop?

That's what pisses me off, we have cops waking people up every morning, but not enforcing laws, when it's pretty clear a theft has taken place.

That would be profiling and some lawyer would make a small fortune suing the cops and the City.

#9354 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

Cops have better things to do as pretty much everything that was at tent city was stolen.  It's a lot of paperwork and then wasting time in court only to have the the charges dismissed.

I would rather see them looking after regulations around the bike lanes, and keeping the drunks off the road,

#9355 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

...I would rather see them looking after regulations around the bike lanes, and keeping the drunks off the road,

They can use the free time they have from not enforcing the current federal marijuana laws.

• rmpeers likes this

#9356 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Here are some interesting murder stats,

http://www.statcan.g...legal01-eng.htm

#9357 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

Here are some interesting murder stats,

http://www.statcan.g...legal01-eng.htm

Strangulations are down, while "other methods" and "not knowns" are up. 

#9358 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Last night, 24-year-old mother of two, Katerina Dooling sent us a plea for help.

She was trying to sell her personal bracelet at Boho Tribe – the store she works at – but 20 minutes after putting it out on display, the item was stolen. The bracelet thief also stole a few crystals from the store.

Thanks to the surveillance system, Katerina was able to acquire a photo and video of the perpetrator, and will release the images in a few days unless the bracelet is returned.

The bracelet was being sold to help her pay rent

http://victoriabuzz....medium=facebook

Boho Tribe is on lower Yates, apparently.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 15 December 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#9359 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:04 AM

Taking one right out of the West Shore RCMP playbook, eh? The ol', we have a photo of a criminal, but hey, criminals are normally honest folks so let's just wait a while to release this great surveillance photo and give them a chance to either make it right, or a few extra days to flip the necklace without being noticed. Slow clap.

• Nparker likes this

#9360 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

Family travels from Quebec for trial of son’s killer, hears details of how he died

From the moment Roxane Hassan saw Justin Carte walking toward her group of friends, she could tell he was high on drugs.

His arms were flailing. His walk was strange. His voice was low and his words made no sense, the Crown witness testified Monday at Carte’s trial for the second-degree murder of her friend Raphaël Bussières.

The 20-year-old from Quebec City was fatally stabbed in the neck by Carte on a downtown sidewalk just after 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 26, 2016. He died two days later in hospital.

Carte has admitted he struck the blow that killed Bussières.

The issue before B.C. Supreme Court Justice Joyce DeWitt-Van Oosten is Carte’s mental state at the time of the stabbing and whether he had the capacity to form the intent for murder.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users