• Please log in to reply
21582 replies to this topic

#9461 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

No, and while I am told that my father's name is Andrew, that's not where the "Berry" came from.

• lanforod and todd like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9462 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

Oak Bay police seek driver of yellow sports car in road rage incident

Driver is described as a man in his late 50s or early 60s

The new year kicked off with a road rage incident Jan. 2 in Oak Bay.

Oak Bay police call the incident at the intersection of Cranmore and Hampshire roads as road rage incident. Around 3 p.m. a man driving a yellow sports car took exception to the complainant not coming to a complete stop at the intersection. Police say he followed the complainants vehicle to a business on Oak Bay Avenue where he yelled and swore at her before eventually departing.

The driver of the yellow sports car is described as a man in his late 50s or early 60s. Police ask anyone with information that might identify the vehicle or driver to contact them at 250-592-2424 and refer to file 2018-36.

Since Oak Bay is only into its 36th crime of the year, would you have to be specific with the case # when calling on this incident, would they not recall it by memory?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9463 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Are they sure it was yellow.

Ferrari, yellow.jpg

• todd likes this

#9464 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

.....yellow sports car took exception to the complainant not coming to a complete stop at the intersection. ....

https://www.vicnews....-rage-incident/

download (6).png

https://twitter.com/...283992999600128

Edited by todd, 08 January 2018 - 03:05 PM.

#9465 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

https://www.vicnews....-rage-incident/

Since Oak Bay is only into its 36th crime of the year, would you have to be specific with the case # when calling on this incident, would they not recall it by memory?

I've been yelled at as soon as I go over the border into Oak Bay on numerous occasions by people who have followed me in from Saanich.

Edited by Bingo, 08 January 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#9466 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Sarah-Cotton-Chloe-and-Aubrey-Berry-e151Sarah Cotton with her daughters Chloe and Aubrey Berry. Photo courtesy Ryan MacDonald Photography (Handout).

#9467 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

- Deliberately placed needles prick Victoria gardner one week apart -

VicPD is warning people after a woman was pricked by a needle that appeared to be deliberately placed in a planter.

This morning, officers were called to the 700-block of Johnson Street after a woman reported that she had located a needle that was placed in a planter with the needle sticking up.

When a VicPD officer attended, the woman stated that she had been pricked by another needle while gardening a week ago. That needle was placed in another planter in the same area. The woman sought medical attention at that time.

If you have any information on this incident, please call (250) 995-7654. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9468 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Far too many pricks in the 700 block of Johnson.

#9469 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

In “Trumpian” terms, the 700 block Johnson is a s__thole in the COV, and in all sincerity, what was somebody doing gardening in planters there anyway?

I wouldn’t even walk there at lunch time, let alone garden there.

People need to wake-up and see the utter crap holes that parts of Victoria have become ... and adjust their activities accordingly.
  • mbjj likes this

#9470 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

I disagree. Someone gardening in the 700-block of Johnson just means that there's still at least one person that cares enough to prevent it from going to the wolves. Those are the folks that should be getting encouragement, not admonishment. She's doing far more than the City is for that block, so good on her.

We need more people like her to prevent the "crap holes that parts of Victoria have become" in the first place.

• VicHockeyFan, North Shore, Hotel Mike and 7 others like this

#9471 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,738 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

In “Trumpian” terms, the 700 block Johnson is a s__thole in the COV...

I think that term should be reserved for the 900 block of Pandora and 844 Johnson.

#9472 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

While I don't disagree with your sentiment at all, when the local scags are sticking needles in planters for the express purpose of sticking good sam gardeners, then it's time to reevaluate whether what you're doing is worth the risk of HIV or hepatitis, or worse.

I get the whole "good samaritan" thing, and how ONE good soul can overcome ALL the bad souls ... but personally I'd rather the gardener lady stay 100% healthy, and just accept that the sidewalk outside her building in the 700 block Johnson has currently been forsaken by VicPD and the COV.

On a positive note, the 700 block has some new construction, and despite its seedy sidewalk occupants - it still manages to support a few dedicated businesses.

Perhaps the 700 block is fixable (I hope so) ... but it's going to take a whole lot more than one lady gardener with a good heart to fix it.

As a younger man, I used to park in that 700 block parkade without hesitation, get my hair cut across the street, and pick-up some sushi on the way back to my car. It was a nice block, with no worries.

I wouldn't do any of those things today (well, I don't have any hair left, so there's that), not because I'm afraid, but because I just don't want the hassle of being hassled by street folks and other miscreants.

So I've watched that block go downhill over the years to where it is now ... and perhaps I'm a bit more jaded (disappointed?) than most, at least as it relates to how parts of the city have become the "crap holes" I referenced in my earlier post.

Edited by Cassidy, 15 January 2018 - 09:41 PM.

#9473 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:19 AM

I really wish they wouldn't use such vague locations like 700-block of Johnson.  Was this in the Odeon Alley?  One of the planters at the crosswalk?  In the hedge by the parkade?  It's a big block, so where the heck?

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#9474 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

I really wish they wouldn't use such vague locations like 700-block of Johnson.  Was this in the Odeon Alley?  One of the planters at the crosswalk?  In the hedge by the parkade?  It's a big block, so where the heck?

Outside of a hair salon, the person pricked was an employee.

• 57WestHills likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9475 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

http://www.timescolo...oria-1.23146470

Island Health will hold an emergency meeting Wednesday after three people were pricked by hypodermic needles last week.

A group of service providers, City of Victoria officials and Island Health will “discuss how we can collectively reduce the number of sharps that may be inappropriately discarded,” said Island Health spokeswoman Meribeth Burton. “We recognize that finding a discarded needle can be unsettling and we want to work together to see what can be done to ensure public spaces remain safe for everyone.”

[...]

Should get Surfrider on the case. I hear they're great at getting the attention of City council.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9476 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Sad thing is children growing up today don’t know a life when needles, addiction
and drug induced mental illness isn’t prevalent on downtown Victoria streets .
Innocence lost way to early .

Edited by Love the rock, 16 January 2018 - 10:40 PM.

• Midnightly, pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#9477 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

For his job, my husband used to park in that Johnson St. parkade. He said it was horrible. He's happy not to go there any longer.

#9478 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

Sad thing is children growing up today don’t know a life when needles, addiction
and drug induced mental illness isn’t prevalent on downtown Victoria streets .
Innocence lost way to early .

To be fair, when I was growing up in Victoria in the 80s, those things were prevalent on downtown streets.  Oh, the joys of walking Douglas from the bus stop at City Hall ("Bud? Bud?"), past Pandora ("Down? Down?") over to Yates ("Up? Up?").  This has always been here.  The main difference right now is that development has taken away most of the places it was hidden, and forced it out into the open.

This all used to be happening in the darkness under the Johnson bridge, in the brush on the Songhees, in the various low-rent and seedy motels, and in the nigh-condemned squats.  But those are nearly all gone now, so its all out in the open.

• Rob Randall and Matt R. like this

#9479 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

Yup, that’s pretty much bang on during the 90’s, too.

There are more users on the streets now, but Victoria was of course far smaller back then and far fewer people lived downtown.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9480 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,550 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

West Shore RCMP are on-scene at Admirals and Craigflower following a pellet gun shooting directed at a BC Transit bus. At this time it is not believed any pellets entered the bus, and there are no injuries.

As some of you may recall several years ago there were several incidents of pellet gun shootings along Sooke Road that were targeting the #61 bus. In at least one case a pellet gun shattered a bus window.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)