• Please log in to reply
21542 replies to this topic

#10661 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:44 PM

I mean, to be fair, it could have been a warrant executed on 834 Johnson, after all.

That's not being "fair" now ... is it?

When it's guaranteed that absolutely nobody living at 834 Johnson leaves their door open, has $25,000.00 in cash sitting on a table, a crap-load of crack, and half the apartment filled with stolen goods.

No ... we all know exactly what building it was, it's just the cops have been told not to ever note the actual address in anticipation of the "told you so" backlash that would be inevitable when regular folks saw the same address a dozen times every month ... each time related to serious criminality.

• Nparker likes this

#10662 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:04 PM

Speaking of which... was there anymore news about reports of pellet gunfire emanating from an unidentified multi-unit residential building on the 800 block of Johnson a week or so back? No idea which building it was, of course, but wanted to know if reports were confirmed.

#10663 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

ANOTHER pellet gun incident from the aforementioned residential building?  :confused:

#10664 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:35 PM

ANOTHER pellet gun incident from the aforementioned residential building?  :confused:

there was one a week or so..i think there has been 3 or 4 in total.. i guess it had been awhile and someone wanted to remind people that a pellet gun was still in the building..

• Mike K., Nparker, Love the rock and 1 other like this

#10665 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

These incidents are now so routine they don't make the MSM reports at all.  :whyme:

#10666 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:03 PM

These incidents are now so routine they don't make the MSM reports at all.  :whyme:

pretty much.. i heard there was a fire the other week in the building everyone had to be cleared out..it was a possible bed fire and someone ODed, it never made the news.. just a person with a scanner on a facebook forum

#10667 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

I just love to see my tax dollars literally going up in smoke.

• Midnightly likes this

#10668 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,586 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

Well today was certainly, um..."unusual" coming out of the office after work; walked around the corner and straight into an older guy - clearly with "issues", rambling on about "them" and how he was going to "take care of them", whoever them is - as he was in process of firing up a chainsaw, one very much in working condition. Not sure who was more surprised, me or him.

A couple of other guys joined in and the three of us managed to persuade him to turn the damn thing off and dismantle it. Needless to say the onlookers at the Yates/Douglas bus stop were a pretty stunned and scared lot. I had to hop on my bus as I needed to be elsewhere but saw a few people on their phones by then, presumably calling 9-1-1. Downtown really is quite the circus and in broad daylight. Can't imagine what its like at night. Sheesh.....

• Rob Randall, grantpalin, pennymurphy2000 and 1 other like this

#10669 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 945 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

But they should we shouldn’t get too complacent about our misunderstood residents in Victoria.
It makes it too easy to doctor records ,claim victories with addicts and make the mayor look like her ideas work for all citizens.
Policing looks effective poverty pimps look even better.
  • Midnightly and pennymurphy2000 like this

#10670 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

Well today was certainly, um..."unusual" coming out of the office after work; walked around the corner and straight into an older guy - clearly with "issues", rambling on about "them" and how he was going to "take care of them", whoever them is - as he was in process of firing up a chainsaw, one very much in working condition. Not sure who was more surprised, me or him.

A couple of other guys joined in and the three of us managed to persuade him to turn the damn thing off and dismantle it. Needless to say the onlookers at the Yates/Douglas bus stop were a pretty stunned and scared lot. I had to hop on my bus as I needed to be elsewhere but saw a few people on their phones by then, presumably calling 9-1-1. Downtown really is quite the circus and in broad daylight. Can't imagine what its like at night. Sheesh.....

Holy cow!!!!!!

#10671 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,338 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

Oh wow. Just for kicks, you should watch Jim Jefferies' latest special on Netflix (but skip the first half and get to the gun control part, trust me on that). He goes on a spiel comparing guns to chainsaws...

• AllseeingEye likes this

#10672 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

Perfect place for a polling station...

A victim suffered minor injuries in a reported assault with a weapon near Our Place on Pandora Avenue on Saturday night.

https://www.timescol...ries-1.23463503
  • Midnightly likes this

#10673 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

Judge says man not criminally responsible after several attacked with field hockey stick in Victoria

https://www.timescol...page-1.23470457

#10674 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:58 AM

The description of his attacks is scary!!!!!
And it’s particularly sad because, like typical Victorians, most people were being nice and said “hi” to him then got beat up...

Edited by A Girl is No one, 20 October 2018 - 09:59 AM.

#10675 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

Judge says man not criminally responsible after several attacked with field hockey stick in Victoria

From the article, because of the imminent risk when the attacker raised the bat toward police, the police tasered him. Too bad the normal civilians he attacked didn’t have that privilege
  • A Girl is No one and Victoria Watcher like this

#10676 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:06 AM

Judge says man not criminally responsible after several attacked with field hockey stick in Victoria...

This is why it has to be called a "legal system" and not a "justice system".

• Wayne, Love the rock and A Girl is No one like this

#10677 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

From the article, because of the imminent risk when the attacker raised the bat toward police, the police tasered him. Too bad the normal civilians he attacked didn’t have that privilege

Or the next ones he attacks....

#10678 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

now is this the type of person Mrs Helps said is misunderstood and just needs a hug? i  get that he was going through mental health issues (which could have very well been brought on by drug use) but that should not be an excuse not to hold him responsible for his actions.. what about the people he hit, many suffered lasting trauma that needed surgery and permanent injury, then there is the emotional side of PTSD from a random senseless attack trying to deal with it.. where is justice for them

• A Girl is No one and Mystic-Pizza like this

#10679 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

now is this the type of person Mrs Helps said is misunderstood and just needs a hug? i  get that he was going through mental health issues (which could have very well been brought on by drug use) but that should not be an excuse not to hold him responsible for his actions.. what about the people he hit, many suffered lasting trauma that needed surgery and permanent injury, then there is the emotional side of PTSD from a random senseless attack trying to deal with it.. where is justice for them

I agree 100%  ones mental state should never excuse their physical criminal actions.  Too many people are able to get off easy from their violent crimes by declaring mental illness to their lawyers. It's a very, very easy thing to do if you have even a small history of mental health issues.  One must pay for their criminal actions. If they don't then where is the Justice to the victims? 

• martini and A Girl is No one like this

#10680 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:26 AM

Multiple charges are being recommended against a man and a woman after Victoria police found drugs and stolen property in a multi-unit residential building on Johnson Street, between Quadra and Blanshard streets.

Police were joined by the Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team in executing search warrants on Oct. 18. Officers uncovered close to 30 grams of unspecified drugs, weapons and stolen property such as personal identification, iPads, laptops and tools.

https://www.timescol...bust-1.23476951

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 October 2018 - 04:27 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users