The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21540 replies to this topic

#13281 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:36 PM

i'll first say i take no credit for the photo it was posted online on facebook

it seems someone took it upon themselves to cover up the ACAB on the mural.. i'm sure the artist is already planning to repaint it back on... it's just another sign that the mural is doing the opposite of what it was intended... it's not bringing people together.. it's pushing them to take sides...

Attached Images

• acab_o.jpg

• newbie_01 likes this

#13282 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:24 AM

that’s not crime.

it’s justice.

#13283 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:39 AM

MISSING: Police searching for Saanich family yet to return from travelling in B.C., Alberta

Family of four didn’t return to Victoria on Sept. 4 as planned

https://www.vicnews....in-b-c-alberta/

#13284 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 05:59 AM

I like the police blue paint.

#13285 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:17 AM

Deleted.

Edited by Spy Black, 13 September 2020 - 08:18 AM.

#13286 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:30 AM

MISSING: Police searching for Saanich family yet to return from travelling in B.C., Alberta

Family of four didn’t return to Victoria on Sept. 4 as planned

Apparently he has spoken and said they are on a honeymoon? No one has spoken to her though. 

This story makes me uneasy. 

https://globalnews.c...DoklBnbz9-NzICg

Also CSO search. K file. Which means domestic. 

https://justice.gov....ID=6172454.0009

Edited by martini, 13 September 2020 - 09:16 AM.

#13287 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:37 AM

Cook said the family is currently fighting what he called an unfair order from the director of Alberta Children’s Services seeking to take their kids away in the Alberta Court of Appeal, and are currently involved in litigation at the B.C. Supreme Court with Saanich police over a related matter.

“They’re portraying us as missing people and we’re not. We may be disobedient people, or people going through the court process, but missing? No.”

Global News has requested clarification from Saanich police.

#13288 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:31 AM

Cook said the family is currently fighting what he called an unfair order from the director of Alberta Children’s Services seeking to take their kids away in the Alberta Court of Appeal, and are currently involved in litigation at the B.C. Supreme Court with Saanich police over a related matter.

“They’re portraying us as missing people and we’re not. We may be disobedient people, or people going through the court process, but missing? No.”

Global News has requested clarification from Saanich police.

They only spoke to him, I hope Global poking around doesn't put her and the children in danger. 

#13289 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

This doesn’t quite sound like a him and her conflict, more like them vs the government conflict. Child custody challenges can really force families to make some tough decisions.

#13290 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:00 AM

Also CSO search. K file. Which means domestic. 

https://justice.gov....ID=6172454.0009

I didn't see anything on the court search about a domestic. Just improper storage of a firearm.

I have a big problem with Saanich Police framing this as a tragic missing family mystery.

Edited by Rob Randall, 13 September 2020 - 10:01 AM.

#13291 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:08 AM

I have a big problem with Saanich Police framing this as a tragic missing family mystery.

at the very least they could be more upfront about it anyway.

did they miss court and were expected to be in court?  the global article does not make that clear either.

#13292 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:26 AM

I didn't see anything on the court search about a domestic. Just improper storage of a firearm.

File #180809 K. My concern is it's marked with a K. That's domestic. I hope my concerns are unwarranted. 

• Rob Randall likes this

#13293 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:00 PM

UPDATED: Family of four, focus of Saanich police missing persons case, claims they aren’t missing

Saanich police confirm family was never classified as ‘missing’

Police have confirmed the Saanich family that they are trying to find after failing to return back in Victoria for more than a week are not missing.

Sgt. Markus Anastasiades, Saanich police media communications officer, confirmed in an email Sunday that the detachment wasn’t available for comment, but will have further discussions with investigators Monday.

the previous Victoria news story literally begins with:

MISSING

In all caps.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 September 2020 - 06:03 PM.

#13294 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

i'll first say i take no credit for the photo it was posted online on facebook

it seems someone took it upon themselves to cover up the ACAB on the mural.. i'm sure the artist is already planning to repaint it back on... it's just another sign that the mural is doing the opposite of what it was intended... it's not bringing people together.. it's pushing them to take sides...

I am surprised we haven't heard more about this.....   

#13295 kxl

kxl
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:20 PM

I am surprised we haven't heard more about this.....

Victoria police seek suspect, witnesses after Bastion Square mural vandalized

https://www.cheknews...dalized-700954/

#13296 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

that’s quite a rabbit hole.

we don’t usually get press releases about graffiti or other light vandalism even when a suspect description has been provided.
  • Rob Randall likes this

#13297 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

Here's the photo they released, and the PR:

bastion square.png

Suspect, Witnesses Sought After Bastion Square Mural Vandalized

Victoria, BC – Officers are seeking a suspect and witnesses after the “More Justice, More Peace” mural was marked with spray paint over the weekend.

Officers were called to Bastion Square just before 8 p.m. on Friday, September 11th for a report that the letter “S” of the mural had been vandalized with spray paint. Witnesses reported that the suspect sprayed over the “ACAB” portion of the letter “S” and added “9/11 Never Forget” over part of that letter in dark blue spray paint and then left the area. That portion of the mural has since been partially repaired.

The suspect is described as a Caucasian man, wearing a black ball cap, red t-shirt, green camouflage pattern pants and black shoes. A photograph of the suspect is below.

If you have information about this incident, please call our non-emergency line at (250) 995-7654 and select extension 1 for our report desk. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13298 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:31 PM

Victoria police seek suspect, witnesses after Bastion Square mural vandalized...

So despite all cops being bastards, they still feel a sense of duty to investigate an act of alleged vandalism*.

*personally, I just think someone felt the mural was missing something in its message.

• Love the rock and rmpeers like this

#13299 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:42 PM

Comments on all social media are strongly in support of this guy, like 10 to 1 ratio positive comments
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#13300 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,849 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:56 PM

it's just civil disobedience after all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)