• Please log in to reply
21527 replies to this topic

#13341 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:06 PM

You know, if VicPD did a big sweep for illegal weapons and drugs on municipal election day, there'd be nobody left to vote this ridiculous council back in.  

• Nparker, GaryRanson, Wayne and 2 others like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#13342 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:25 AM

OBPD: Disappointed to see any graffiti but just saw 'Kill Cops' in #OakBay. Kill us?😒No suspects but here's my guess at a suspect profile: A privileged twerp who has no respect for public property & would be the first to call us for help if he was scared...which likely happens a lot.

https://twitter.com/...serp|twgr^tweet

#13343 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,997 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:51 AM

^ My first reaction was that someone was going to either get fired or be forced to apologize for stating the obvious.

20 minutes later. 

Sorry if that was harsh. I've heard "Kill Cops" rhetoric many times in my career. No biggie. But I work with incredibly caring women & men who have to see/do things most will never have to. They're moms, dads, sons & daughters. For a person to write to kill them is disgusting.

#13344 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:44 PM

I don’t know sounds pretty accurate but back in my day they(not me) weren’t quite that harsh usually just some genitalia painted around, some of those people are police officers now..

#13345 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,979 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:37 PM

Salt Spring is having a huge problem with homeless people as well as vandalism in the core. Check out this story from a couple of weeks ago.  I think that was the same day someone smeared human feces on the doors of a local business.

PS the "liquid" the article refers to is urine.  Check out the photo... talk about images you can smell!!

https://www.gulfisla...ify-atm-vandal/

Matt.

• martini and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

#13346 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:46 PM

Salt Spring is having a huge problem with homeless people as well as vandalism in the core. Check out this story from a couple of weeks ago.  I think that was the same day someone smeared human feces on the doors of a local business.

PS the "liquid" the article refers to is urine.  Check out the photo... talk about images you can smell!!

https://www.gulfisla...ify-atm-vandal/

Matt.

Yeah they really do. Such malicious acts. Slashing tires, smashing windshields, keying vehicles.

This tops anything I've read on the SSI FB group though.  :eek:

#13347 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:58 PM

I don’t know sounds pretty accurate but back in my day they(not me) weren’t quite that harsh usually just some genitalia painted around, some of those people are police officers now..

guess a twerp can be an old person

twerp
: a silly, insignificant, or contemptible person
https://www.merriam-...ictionary/twerp

Edited by todd, 18 September 2020 - 05:04 PM.

#13348 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:59 PM

delete

Edited by todd, 18 September 2020 - 04:59 PM.

#13349 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

I received a request to take part in a digital survey of policing.

The interesting thing is the survey was partly sponsored by the Halifax Regional Police, but it asked questions pertinent to my local force and questions of national relevance.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13350 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,794 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:57 AM

I know there is some joke fodder in that post somewhere.

#13351 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:14 AM

I received a request to take part in a digital survey of policing.

The interesting thing is the survey was partly sponsored by the Halifax Regional Police, but it asked questions pertinent to my local force and questions of national relevance.

Twerps

#13352 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:17 AM

OBPD: Instead of sending this vehicle to auction, we reallocated it to the @DistrictOakBay Bylaw Dept. #OakBay decals have been put on it and you may see it around town enforcing bylaws. Sharing resources & working as a team is an efficient and effective way to serve our residents. 

https://twitter.com/...1382121473?s=20

#13353 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:38 AM

🚔Thieves target View Royal condo parkade in break-in blitz🚔

From West Shore RCMP:

On Sept 20th 2020, the West Shore RCMP received numerous reports of mischief and theft from vehicles parked in a condominium parking garage located at 110 Presley Place in View Royal.

In total police know of five vehicles that were broken into sometime in the evening on Sept 19th into the early morning hours on Sept 20th. The vehicles were all rummaged through and valuables such as money and identification were taken. The passenger side window was smashed open in three of the cars.

The West Shore RCMP Forensic Identification Unit examined the scene and police are continuing the investigation. If you know who is responsible for this crime or have information that may help us solve this please call us at 250-474-2264.

“We receive daily reports of theft from vehicles, please take your personal belongings with you and do not leave them in the car,” said Cst. Nancy Saggar West Shore RCMP Media Relations Officer.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13354 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:12 PM

So many West Shore muggings, break-ins, robberies in the news lately. That’s it people.. time to move back downtown - Stew Young and his council are a gong show.

Anyways.. hasn’t Mike K been warning us for years about the fencification of Victoria? Just this morning, another new fence being installed between the Save On building and it’s neighbour on Pandora. I mean not unexpected considering the entire Harris Green green space remains fenced off, with zero communication or possible plan to ever reopen it again.

Attached Images

• FFC9B944-B1F5-4E73-BBDA-BA4662FCB2C8.jpeg

#13355 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,997 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

^ All part of the public realm improvements that get taken away as soon as folks stop watching.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#13356 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:17 PM

Wowzers. It’s odd they didn’t have that fenced off already.

Was that space used as a public amenity or square, zoomer? I can’t picture it.

Know it all.

#13357 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,794 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:19 PM

isn't it just the parking entry for the old apartment building?  surface parking out back or maybe a bit under the overhang?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 22 September 2020 - 03:23 PM.

#13358 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,430 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:37 PM

Ah, ok that’s it. I got my bearings mixed up.

Know it all.

#13359 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,653 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

isn't it just the parking entry for the old apartment building...

It is, but no fence or gate has been necessary in the 40 or so years the apartment building has been there. I wonder what has changed now?  <_<

• theboss, Midnightly, A Girl is No one and 1 other like this

#13360 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:54 PM

Yep, it's exactly where VW showed above.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Daveyboy, David Bratzer