The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21442 replies to this topic

#15161 tanker

tanker
  • Banned
  • 575 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:18 AM

Yeah I don't think people really understand what we're up against here. These people view what is happening as success. This is the exactly what they want.

• Nparker and A Girl is No one like this

#15162 davidN

davidN
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOak Bay

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:06 AM

100 percent.. some even say so

That's a serious charge and I believe you.

Not to be offensive tho, that sounds like a Donald Trump statement. - "Some people say",  "I have been told" , "people tell me all the time". He constantly used those catch all phrases to support and give credence to his lies.

So, if you know for a fact (100%) then put it out there. Anyone supporting that agenda should be exposed by name.

#15163 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:14 AM

No need to feel offensive, Mayor Helps references nameless constituents on the regular when she publishes her blog posts. Council refers to nameless groups as supporting or objecting to polices, too. Media does it even more, with no need to back anything up if they don’t want to and citations can be made to anonymous sources.
  • A Girl is No one, rmpeers and Belleprincess like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15164 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:24 AM

Not to be offensive tho, that sounds like a Donald Trump statement. - "Some people say",  "I have been told" , "people tell me all the time". He constantly used those catch all phrases to support and give credence to his lies.

So, if you know for a fact (100%) then put it out there. Anyone supporting that agenda should be exposed by name.

I mean, you could read Ben's Master's thesis.

#15165 davidN

davidN
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOak Bay

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:48 AM

No need to feel offensive, Mayor Helps references nameless constituents on the regular when she publishes her blog posts. Council refers to nameless groups as supporting or objecting to polices, too. Media does it even more, with no need to back anything up if they don’t want to and citations can be made to anonymous sources.

That's my point tho.

Don't be like the Donald or the Lisa.

Stand up and back up. Otherwise you are like them. Its all "smoke and mirrors" without naming names and "outing" them for their positions on matters both by name and by statment.

#15166 davidN

davidN
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOak Bay

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:53 AM

I mean, you could read Ben's Master's thesis.

LOL!

I started it one time but it was like reading a Hillary Clinton book - several hours of self aggrandizing drivel

I will pass and go for a root canal instead. Much less painful.

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#15167 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:52 AM

That's my point tho.

Don't be like the Donald or the Lisa.

Stand up and back up. Otherwise you are like them. Its all "smoke and mirrors" without naming names and "outing" them for their positions on matters both by name and by statment.

I think people caught on to it when Trump was in office, but before him they voted for and re-elected politicians who were just like him, left, right or centrist. Before him politicians said and did what he said and did, and after him they continue to say and do what he said and did.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15168 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:54 AM

Here is a heartwarming bedtime story for you.

https://www.timescol...tion-1.24315661

#15169 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:31 PM

UPDATE | Cat Theft Suspect Cleared Of Any Involvement

May 6, 2021 - File#21-16685

Victoria, BC – Patrol officers have identified and located a woman previously believed to be a suspect in the theft of Penelope the cat last week. She is no longer considered to be a suspect and Penelope is not believed to have been stolen.

On Friday, April 30th, Patrol officers received a report that Penelope, a four-year-old black cat, was stolen from the area of Vancouver Street and Caledonia Avenue. Officers were provided with video footage of a woman taking a black cat, which appeared to be Penelope, and carrying her away in the 900-block of Caledonia Avenue. We circulated photographs of the woman on social media, who was believed to be the suspect in the incident at that time.

Officers have now identified and spoken with the woman captured on video with the cat. The woman did not steal Penelope. She was in fact taking her own black cat to the seek veterinary care in the area when she was captured on video.

Penelope is believed to be missing and not the victim of a theft.

#15170 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,347 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:36 PM

how many unsolved murders do we have locally?

because I’m sure the families of those dead people are happy with investigative time being spent on a missing cat instead.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 May 2021 - 12:37 PM.

#15171 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 12:39 PM

Bravo! (This was meant to relate to the judge not tolerating drug trafficking and saying that there needs to be a punishment attached to it).

Edited by A Girl is No one, 06 May 2021 - 12:51 PM.

#15172 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:34 PM

Mounties seize drugs, guns, vehicles in simultaneous raids in Sooke, Saanich

Published Thursday, May 6, 2021

VICTORIA -- Mounties on Vancouver Island have seized several guns, vehicles and three ounces of cocaine following an investigation of two properties in Saanich and Sooke.

The searches of homes on Barrington Road in Saanich and Steeple Chase Road in Sooke were executed simultaneously on April 23 and included emergency response team members.

Police say $42,000 in cash was also seized, as well as hats and shirts with logos supporting the Hells Angels motorcycle gang.

The vehicles seized include two pickup trucks, one car and one Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Investigators say eight long guns were taken from the properties, where they were unsafely stored.

No criminal charges have been laid and the police investigation into suspected drug trafficking is ongoing.

image.jpg

#15173 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:21 PM

Yeah I don't think people really understand what we're up against here. These people view what is happening as success. This is the exactly what they want.

It’s terrifying. People are starting to fight back.. finally

#15174 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:23 PM

Not to be offensive tho, that sounds like a Donald Trump statement. - "Some people say", "I have been told" , "people tell me all the time". He constantly used those catch all phrases to support and give credence to his lies.

I’m not naming names. However, I’ve personally seen it on social media. I don’t really care if you believe me or not

#15175 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:38 PM

Susan Simmons' summary of stories associated with BHP over the past year:

May 3, 2021 – Man on outing with family threatened with knife in Beacon Hill Park
April 29, 2021 – Man with ‘extensive criminal history’ arrested in Beacon Hill Park, police say
April 21, 2021 – 15-year-old choked in Beacon Hill tent, Victoria police assaulted while intervening
April 20, 2021 – Police arrest suspect after attack on man with Down syndrome in Beacon Hill Park
April 12, 2021 – VicPD search for man who evaded police in Beacon Hill Park
March 4, 2021 – One person dead after vehicle fire in Beacon Hill Park
March 3, 2021 – Victoria police investigating a sudden death in Beacon Hill Park
Feb 24, 2021 – Statue of Queen Elizabeth II beheaded in Victoria’s Beacon Hill Park
Feb 26, 2021 – Dispute over tent structure in Beacon Hill Park may have fueled graffiti spree,
Feb 23, 2021 – One Arrested After City of Victoria Vehicle Damaged In Beacon Hill Park
Feb 8, 2021 – Two Arrested After Beacon Hill Park Assault With Weapon
Feb 8, 2021 – Man arrested for allegedly choking woman, brandishing gun in Beacon Hill Park
Jan 1, 2021 – Couple Assaulted In Beacon Hill Park
Jan 23, 2021 – Victoria police investigating assault and fire in Beacon Hill Park
Jan 22, 2021 – Fire rips through tents, wooden structures in Beacon Hill Park
Nov 5, 2020 – Man arrested for starting a tent fire in Beacon Hill Park
Sept 25, 2020 – Homeless Victoria man ‘terrorizes’ common-law partner daily for six months
Sept 16, 2020 – Victoria Man assaulted, threatened while walking his dog near Beacon Hill Park
Sept 15, 2020 – Officers Investigating Beacon Hill Park Stabbing
Sept 5, 2020 – Dozens of needles found in Beacon Hill Park, police say
Aug 28, 2020 – Victoria police find replica fire arms while searching Beacon Hill park for a different fire arm call
Aug 27, 2020 – VicPD searching for man with a gun after two reports in Beacon Hill Park
Aug 23, 2020 – Man pricked by uncapped needle in Beacon Hill Park: VicPD
Aug 19, 2020 – City considers moving Beacon Hill tents away from South Park Elementary
Aug 7, 2020 – Victoria woman warning of suspicious man at Beacon Hill Park
July 31, 2020 – Extra officers to be deployed in Beacon Hill Park
July 27, 2020 – Victoria parks staff threatened in Beacon Hill Park, refuse work
July 15, 2020 – Victoria police track down bicycle chop shop in Beacon Hill Park
July 10, 2020 – Disturbance calls up more than 80 percent in Beacon Hill Park

July 7, 2020 – VicPD Chief says crime rising at Beacon Hill – random attacks concerning
June 24, 2020 – More victims come forward after man allegedly exposed himself at Beacon Hill Park
April 1, 2020 – Witnesses Sought In Beacon Hill Park Vehicle Arson

https://susansimmons...3AMBrQ16V8JyZtw

Edited by Nparker, 06 May 2021 - 08:39 PM.

• Wayne, Love the rock and A Girl is No one like this

#15176 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:33 PM

UPDATE | Andrew Swanson Arrested

Date: WednesdayMay 5th, 2021

Files: #21-13156, #21-12063

Victoria, BC – Andrew Swanson, who was wanted on outstanding warrants for assault by choking and for obstructing police, has been arrested by officers.

Swanson was arrested without incident by Patrol officers yesterday, after he was spotted by a member of the public who then called police.

Officers executed several warrants upon arresting Swanson, two from Victoria and one from Central Saanich.

He was held in custody for court.

Andrew-Swanson-Arrested-680x1024.jpg

#15177 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:28 PM

Susan Simmons' summary of stories associated with BHP over the past year:

May 3, 2021 – Man on outing with family threatened with knife in Beacon Hill Park
April 29, 2021 – Man with ‘extensive criminal history’ arrested in Beacon Hill Park, police say
April 21, 2021 – 15-year-old choked in Beacon Hill tent, Victoria police assaulted while intervening
April 20, 2021 – Police arrest suspect after attack on man with Down syndrome in Beacon Hill Park
April 12, 2021 – VicPD search for man who evaded police in Beacon Hill Park
March 4, 2021 – One person dead after vehicle fire in Beacon Hill Park
March 3, 2021 – Victoria police investigating a sudden death in Beacon Hill Park
Feb 24, 2021 – Statue of Queen Elizabeth II beheaded in Victoria’s Beacon Hill Park
Feb 26, 2021 – Dispute over tent structure in Beacon Hill Park may have fueled graffiti spree,
Feb 23, 2021 – One Arrested After City of Victoria Vehicle Damaged In Beacon Hill Park
Feb 8, 2021 – Two Arrested After Beacon Hill Park Assault With Weapon
Feb 8, 2021 – Man arrested for allegedly choking woman, brandishing gun in Beacon Hill Park
Jan 1, 2021 – Couple Assaulted In Beacon Hill Park
Jan 23, 2021 – Victoria police investigating assault and fire in Beacon Hill Park
Jan 22, 2021 – Fire rips through tents, wooden structures in Beacon Hill Park
Nov 5, 2020 – Man arrested for starting a tent fire in Beacon Hill Park
Sept 25, 2020 – Homeless Victoria man ‘terrorizes’ common-law partner daily for six months
Sept 16, 2020 – Victoria Man assaulted, threatened while walking his dog near Beacon Hill Park
Sept 15, 2020 – Officers Investigating Beacon Hill Park Stabbing
Sept 5, 2020 – Dozens of needles found in Beacon Hill Park, police say
Aug 28, 2020 – Victoria police find replica fire arms while searching Beacon Hill park for a different fire arm call
Aug 27, 2020 – VicPD searching for man with a gun after two reports in Beacon Hill Park
Aug 23, 2020 – Man pricked by uncapped needle in Beacon Hill Park: VicPD
Aug 19, 2020 – City considers moving Beacon Hill tents away from South Park Elementary
Aug 7, 2020 – Victoria woman warning of suspicious man at Beacon Hill Park
July 31, 2020 – Extra officers to be deployed in Beacon Hill Park
July 27, 2020 – Victoria parks staff threatened in Beacon Hill Park, refuse work
July 15, 2020 – Victoria police track down bicycle chop shop in Beacon Hill Park
July 10, 2020 – Disturbance calls up more than 80 percent in Beacon Hill Park

July 7, 2020 – VicPD Chief says crime rising at Beacon Hill – random attacks concerning
June 24, 2020 – More victims come forward after man allegedly exposed himself at Beacon Hill Park
April 1, 2020 – Witnesses Sought In Beacon Hill Park Vehicle Arson

https://susansimmons...3AMBrQ16V8JyZtw

for another fun beacon hill crime list - copy and paste the following into the search window on twitter;

"Beacon Hill" (from:vicpdcanada) until:2021-05-07 since:2020-03-15

it will list all vicpd tweets that mention beacon hill during the specified time period - change the dates for a larger or smaller time frame

Edited by tommy, 06 May 2021 - 11:29 PM.

• Mike K., Nparker and A Girl is No one like this

#15178 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:37 PM

for another fun beacon hill crime list - copy and paste the following into the search window on twitter;

"Beacon Hill" (from:vicpdcanada) until:2021-05-07 since:2020-03-15

it will list all vicpd tweets that mention beacon hill during the specified time period - change the dates for a larger or smaller time frame

and this will get you more or less the same result on the facebook;

put this in the facebook search window  -  @VictoriaPoliceDepartment

it will take you to their facebook page then enter beacon hill in the search tool - just right of the like button

Edited by tommy, 06 May 2021 - 11:46 PM.

#15179 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:22 PM

Saanich police release sketch of suspect sought in December sexual assault

Anyone with information asked to contact detectives, Crime Stoppers

May 7, 2021

Saanich police have released a suspect sketch for a sexual assault reported near Glanford Park in December 2020 in hopes of identifying him.

On May 7, the Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers published the artist’s rendering of a man being sought in connection to a reported attack on a woman on Kenneth Street around 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 29.

saanich.png
Morehttps://www.vicnews....sexual-assault/

#15180 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 08:38 PM

Something happening right now:

Multiple officers and K9 unit, guns drawn at RV, back of Beacon Hill park by petting zoo

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mike P.