Photo

The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21442 replies to this topic

#15241 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:11 AM

A 44 year old man pushing a stolen bike on a downtown street at 2:00 AM....Jeezus!

This wanker is clearly not Mensa material.

Lets face it, had local media not ruin the story of the stolen bike would the cops (or anyone else) even cared about a thief and a stolen bike? 99% of the time the guy would have had nothing to be concerned about.

• aastra likes this

#15242 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:18 AM

Ugh. I thought that Cale creep looked familiar. Just found him in my high school yearbook.  I swear not all us Thunder Bay-ites are trash!

• Mike K., Love the rock and Victoria Watcher like this

#15243 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 11:15 AM

Lets face it, had local media not ruin the story of the stolen bike would the cops (or anyone else) even cared about a thief and a stolen bike? 99% of the time the guy would have had nothing to be concerned about.

If anyone is so inclined, I'd recommend searching the news widely for heartbreaking but oddly similar stories about hardworking doctors and nurses having their bikes stolen.

• Mike K. likes this

#15244 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:43 PM

Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers 

Hey Greater Victoria

West Shore RCMP are looking for your assistance in identifying this suspect, who entered a department store in the 800 block of Langford Parkway and stole nearly $2500 in headphones.
Dang, that’s a crap load of headphones!

Almost want to joke and say, “can you hear us now”? But with that many headphones on his head, how could he hear anything.

If you know who this person is or even recognize the clothing and you want to tell us anonymously, click the ‘Contact Us’ button above. You may also call 1-800-222-8477 or submit one online at www.victoriacrimestoppers.ca

WS file #21-6089

headphones.png headphones2.png

#15245 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:51 PM

Is the regular joke writer on vacation?

• Nparker, Greg and Victoria Watcher like this

#15246 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,348 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:55 PM

Serial sex-offender acquitted of duct tape possession in B.C. provincial court

https://www.vicnews....ovincial-court/

1297477176476_ORIGINAL_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 May 2021 - 03:56 PM.

#15247 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:58 PM

That stuff doesn’t even work on ducts you want to use foil tape.

Make It Right®

Edited by todd, 14 May 2021 - 04:11 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#15248 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:02 PM

Serial sex-offender acquitted of duct tape possession in B.C. provincial court...

Sounds like someone got himself into a sticky situation.

• todd likes this

#15249 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:38 PM

Del Manak  @ChiefManak

A pleasure to meet Sara, the now famous nurse, who had her Trek bike stolen while she was administering COVID vaccinations inside the Conference Centre.

@vicpdcanada took it as a challenge to find & return her stolen bike. Thanks Cst. Nystedt. Our gift for #NationalNursesWeek

bike.png

• pennymurphy2000 and On the Level like this

#15250 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:37 PM

Is the regular joke writer on vacation?

Oh, you mean the Chief of Oak Bay Police?
  • Matt R. and todd like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15251 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:53 PM

“Our member just issued a $368 distracted driving ticket to a woman who was on her phone while driving.But wait...There's more! She has received distracted driving tickets in 2018...and in 2019 as well. “: https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

#15252 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:09 AM

C. Saanich stepfather sentenced to nine months in jail for sexual touching

15 May 2021

A Central Saanich man who sexually abused his 17-year-old stepdaughter last year has been sentenced to nine months in jail followed by two years of probation.

The 46-year-old man, who cannot be identified to protect the identity of the teenager, pleaded guilty to sexually touching a young person when he was in a position of trust or authority in the summer of 2020.

As he imposed sentence Friday, provincial court Judge Maryland McKimm called the accused’s actions vile and a betrayal of the trust of all parents.

#15253 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,348 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:08 AM

this is not good.  you should not just go handcuff the first black guy you see.  if you have five officers and one 81-year-old guy you needn't handcuff him until you are 99% sure he's your man.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...rrest-1.6028148

Vancouver police have apologized after officers wrongly detained and handcuffed an 81-year-old retired Black judge during his morning walk on the seawall while searching for a suspect described as dark-skinned and decades younger.

Selwyn Romilly said he was walking around Stanley Park on Friday when two police vehicles pulled up nearby and about five officers approached him. He said all five appeared to be white and were significantly taller than his five feet and eight inches.

"They said that they got a complaint about someone fitting my description, and before I could say anything, they told me to put my hands behind my back and they shackled me with handcuffs," he told CBC News.

"I have no gun, I don't have anything in my hand or my person. And here you have — at 9:45 a.m., near to Third Beach where you have lots of people — you have a black guy ... shackled in handcuffs and people passing by. I found that most embarrassing."

He said he told the officers he was a retired judge, and they released him from the handcuffs after about a minute.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 May 2021 - 09:09 AM.

#15254 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 09:17 AM

^ Looking at his picture he looks very good for 81. 

He shouldn't have been handcuffed before they established identity but I wonder how many people passed by in the 1 minute he was cuffed causing him embarrassment?

#15255 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 15 May 2021 - 07:05 PM

Heavy on the racism, and back in the day the judges were also heavy on the punishment for crimes.

Feb 4, 1879 Daily Colonist. https://archive.org/...age/n0/mode/1up

Apparently Jimmy Chickens and his wife were quite famous, and Mary Tod Island off Oak Bay where they lived was known for years after as “Jimmy Chickens”.

https://www.timescol...chicken-1.15004

https://www.lakecowi...ful-characters/

CE39F988-BB82-4C7D-8631-B27502B4F133.jpeg
  • todd likes this

#15256 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:43 AM

hard labor, eh? what did they make people do for hard labor back then?

#15257 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,348 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:46 AM

The unsolved death of Durst’s wife 40 years ago provides a potential motive, and another killing of a former merchant seaman in a Galveston, Texas, rooming house illustrates Durst’s bizarre life on the run as a suspect. In that time, he posed as a mute woman, dismembered his neighbour after shooting him in the face, got arrested for shoplifting a sandwich, got acquitted of murder by a jury, then allegedly confessed to being a serial killer on a hot mic to documentary filmmakers while he was going to the washroom.

https://nationalpost...d-serial-killer

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 May 2021 - 07:46 AM.

#15258 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:38 AM

Victoria Police say one suspect was arrested at Russell Street’s newly opened shelter following a structure fire that engulfed a commercial property on the western side of the shelter’s block yesterday evening. There were no injuries and Victoria Fire crews were able to keep the blaze from spreading. The fire is believed to have started in a bin adjacent to the building.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15259 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,348 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 10:48 AM

Victoria Police say one suspect was arrested at Russell Street’s newly opened shelter following a structure fire that engulfed a commercial property on the western side of the shelter’s block yesterday evening. There were no injuries and Victoria Fire crews were able to keep the blaze from spreading. The fire is believed to have started in a bin adjacent to the building.

sounds like they need to make the fire-starting radius match the drug-doing.  2 blocks!

#15260 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 16 May 2021 - 01:22 PM

From Twitter: @AndyPHarward

A few days after this @SD62_Sooke student led project was unveiled, some person shamefully vandalized it.
@RoyalBay_SD62 has CCTV cameras so let's hope they can ID the person responsible for this act.

crosswalk.png

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mike P.