Photo

White males to pay more for Premiere of Victoria Comedy Series!

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#181 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

That's it I'm opening a new restaurant in Richmond. Rich asians pay double. They need to check their asian cisnormative privilege.

Welcome to Oak bay, though it is any rich who pay more
"I know nothing"

#182 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:12 PM

I'm going to say it again. This is not a prank. 

I readit on the innanet.  Must be tru.

• todd, Love the rock and Shiraz like this

#183 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

isnt it interesting the silence from our resident professional SJW's Lisa Helps, Isitt, Joe et al??? 

• sebberry likes this

#184 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

^They were probably the ones who suggested the pricing model to him/her/it.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#185 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:30 AM

Release from Victoria Pride Soceity on Facebook:

As some of you may now be aware, a controversial pricing concept has been floated by the director of an upcoming movie to be held at the Roxy Theatre. Without our knowledge or permission Mr. Higgins planned on donating part of the profits from this event to the Victoria Pride Society.

We have written a letter to Mr. Higgins in regards to this plan. He has been informed that we will not be accepting any donations of profits from this event as the pricing system does not align with our values.

He has also been directed to remove all references made, in public statements, marketing, promotional materials, or otherwise, to the Victoria Pride Society, present and future, without seeking our permission.
  • jonny and johnk like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#186 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

^ Thank you for that sdwright.vic.

It has come to our attention that Mr. Higgins may be sought by authorities for a psychological assessment. In light of this, it has been suggested that we not promote or repeat any of his comments.

Until further notice, we ask you to not post links to any material that he or his followers may be publishing in the upcoming days.

Thank you for your understanding. Our hearts go out to his family at this difficult time.

Sparky

#187 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:46 AM

The Pride Society would have more credibility if they made the announcement as soon as the controversy was brought to their attention and not waited until after the TC and other media amplified it.

#188 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

Well since this morning was the first I had heard of the plans... it seems that the "Without our knowledge or permission" could be very factual. Even when I went to his "blog" a couple of days ago, proceeds were only going to the Native Friendship Centre.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 22 September 2017 - 06:35 AM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#189 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,511 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:19 AM

All of this nonsense started here, and now it ends here. Sid/Shiraz/whoever he is has had his account locked up.

Todd the Octopus was right all along. Smart creatures, they are.

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#190 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:16 AM

PLANET OF THE OCTOPUSES: WHAT ANIMAL SPECIES IS MOST LIKELY TO RISE UP AND OVERTHROW HUMANS?

https://psmag.com/en...ow-humans-67576

Maybe we should start a new thread on the human overthrow?  Todd?

“They have big eyes, connected with the big brain, which means they work in the same kind of world that we do,” he adds. “They’re large eyes, they’re very complex eyes, and they work much like ours.” You read it here first: Cephalopods have the perfect eyes for world domination.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 22 September 2017 - 07:19 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#191 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

All of this nonsense started here, and now it ends here. Sid/Shiraz/whoever he is has had his account locked up.

Powerful VV
  • todd likes this

#192 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,511 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Ordinarily, as most of you will no doubt know, we take suspensions and bans very seriously. Fewer people have been banned over the years than the digits on my hand (ok, over the last 11 years maybe a couple more). But you get the point.

Nothing Shiraz says (whether posting as Sid or a Shiraz) can be taken literally so the decision was made to close the account. If Shiraz wants to have one of his two accounts reinstated he can message us and request that we do so and we'll take it from there.

But for now, before anyone gets upset with us, understand that our role is to (when called upon) moderate content. If we as moderators have no way of knowing whether someone is being sincere over an issue that they created and which has clearly fuelled upset in the greater community (hell, nationally, even), we're not going to have any part of it or provide that individual with an outlet.

• Greg likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#193 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

If you needed any more proof that Shiraz Higgins is trolling, "Sid Mohammed" has release <link removed> that includes ticket prices of $10,000 for a cisgender male Russian oligarch, ticket prices of $150 for a cisgender male Dr. Jordan Peterson (but only $10 if Dr. Peterson identifies as a transman), and 34 footnotes justifying the price differences.

[Edited by mod]

#194 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,511 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Yeah, it's a farce. Even the organizers are now mocking their "justice" pricing, which makes a mockery of everything they said they stood for, which just further makes us glad we made the moderating decision we did.

Know it all.

#195 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

And an above average IQ my mother had me tested.

• Mike K. likes this

#196 Benezet

Benezet
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

A blog post called "Justice Pricing Stunt Explained" (dated Sep. 23) is up on the "Building the Room" site. I think it's worth reading.

#197 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

^ Thanks for not linking to it. If someone wants to read it fair enough, they can go find it. There may be legal action pending. 

#198 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

Blue Bridge has cancelled the screening.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#199 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Blue Bridge has cancelled the screening.

i had a feeling it would end this way

#200 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

Perfect ending.

• jonny, Love the rock and pennymurphy2000 like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users