Photo

White males to pay more for Premiere of Victoria Comedy Series!

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#141 Shiraz

Shiraz
  • Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hello!

So obviously the Times Colonist printed an article connecting myself and Sid Mohammed. 

I would like to say, this never was, and is not a publicity stunt. I used a fake name because I didn't want to have my own e-mail flooded with hate mail and vitriol. I do not feel that the name on the press release or interviews makes a difference in the message we are promoting. Whether it's Sid Mohammed or Me, the message remains the same. Obviously some journalists were offended that they interviewed someone using a pseudonym. I didn't understand that that was important to them, if I did, I may have thought twice about using one. Pseudonyms have been used to deliver controversial messages for a long time. Ultimately, this is a learning process. Justice Pricing is under constant adaptation, because it is a work in progress. We can't arrive at a perfect solution overnight, but all the insightful and well thought out critiques and support we've received, we've appreciated. 

I've attached an example of the kinds of e-mail "Sid"'s been receiving.

#142 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

"Even haircuts are much more expensive for women"

Uh... could that be because woman's hair cuts take longer and are more complex?
  • Nparker and todd like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#143 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hello!

So obviously the Times Colonist printed an article connecting myself and Sid Mohammed. 

I would like to say, this never was, and is not a publicity stunt. I used a fake name because I didn't want to have my own e-mail flooded with hate mail and vitriol. I do not feel that the name on the press release or interviews makes a difference in the message we are promoting. Whether it's Sid Mohammed or Me, the message remains the same. Obviously some journalists were offended that they interviewed someone using a pseudonym. I didn't understand that that was important to them, if I did, I may have thought twice about using one. Pseudonyms have been used to deliver controversial messages for a long time. Ultimately, this is a learning process. Justice Pricing is under constant adaptation, because it is a work in progress. We can't arrive at a perfect solution overnight, but all the insightful and well thought out critiques and support we've received, we've appreciated. 

I've attached an example of the kinds of e-mail "Sid"'s been receiving.

Oh oh. The attachments didn't come through. If we can help you out with posting them let us know.

• todd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#144 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

Is it warm in here or is it just me?

#145 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Always respect the guy who can make an ice cube burn. That's all I have to say.

• Sparky likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#146 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

"Even haircuts are much more expensive for women"

Uh... could that be because woman's hair cuts take longer and are more complex?

Ya, the car repairs is laughable too.  Time to go to a mechanic that's not a bit of a cheater, that's all.  

So now we got a person doing a media interview bust using a fake name?  Or is the organizer that murder person?  I'm confused.

Oh, I see.

An attempt to charge white men double for tickets to a local screening of a comedy film appears to be a marketing ploy by the film’s director Shiraz Higgins.

Tickets for the screening of Building the Room, at the Roxy Theatre, were listed as $20 for “cisgender” white males and $10 for everyone else. Organizers described the model as “justice pricing” and an attempt to make the event more accessible for groups who are statistically poorer.

The “justice pricing” model incited a barrage of online rage as it was shared through social media..

Speaking on behalf of the event and “justice pricing” was Sid Mohammed, who claimed to be a communications person for Higgins' production company. Mohammed gave several interviews to media, including the Times Colonist, about the controversy and response from the public. But it appears that Higgins was posing as Mohammed. The Canadian Press news service and CBC also carried the initial story

Higgins received $40,000 in funding from the Telus Optik Fund to produce the film, which features local comedians.

Higgins has pulled media pranks before. A few years ago he invited reporters to meet a Salvation Army youth pastor who was supposedly endorsing gay marriage. The pastor was an actor and the coverage appeared in one of his films

http://www.timescolo...tunt-1.22849362

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#147 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Ya, the car repairs is laughable too.  Time to go to a mechanic that's not a bit of a cheater, that's all.  

So now we got a person doing a media interview bust using a fake name?  Or is the organizer that murder person?  I'm confused.

Mechanics course helps. Don't know the statistics on that.

#148 Shiraz

Shiraz
  • Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

The e-mail i tried to attach

Attached Images

• 2017-09-20 (5).png

#149 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

So quick... everyone look for a Gidean Alexander.

#150 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

So quick... everyone look for a Gidean Alexander.

Gideon Alexander

Edited by todd, 20 September 2017 - 03:10 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#151 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for catching the typo Todd.

How do you type so well with so many tentacles?

#152 qwerty

qwerty
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

How do we know Gideon Alexander is also not Shiraz?

#153 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for catching the typo Todd.

How do you type so well with so many tentacles?

Shoot ink.

#154 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

How do we know Gideon Alexander is also not Shiraz?

True... how DO we?!?

DON don don DAAAAAAA!

This and other questions answered on the next...

How the White Cisgendered Male Turns!

***SPECIAL NOTE TO PROMOTERS OF THIS EVENT-

This is comedy.
  • qwerty likes this

#155 Shiraz

Shiraz
  • Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

Please share this along if you can. I have no interest in the Blue Bridge going down with my ship. If I sink, I sink alone.

"Blue Bridge Theatre Society is the owner of the Roxy Theatre and, when not using the theatre for its own productions or events, rents the theatre to a host of other community groups. The upcoming screening of Building the Room has been rented to, and been entirely organized by a group not in any way associated to, or affiliated with, our society.

As well the tickets for Building The Room are not sold through the Blue Bridge box office system. Subsequently, neither the ticket prices nor the policies governing them have been established by us. Blue Bridge was not, at any time, consulted regarding these policies and, had it been, would not have agreed, nor will it ever agree, to policies that are discriminatory towards any person.

Nonetheless, while we deny any responsibility for the policies established by the organizers of Building The Room, we are deeply regretful for any offense that these policies may have caused any individual.

Rebekah Johnson - General Manager 
Blue Bridge Theatre Society"

#156 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, that’s been posted here a few posts up.

Can you post a copy of the death threat? We don’t need to know the individual’s identity this time.

Know it all.

#157 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Just gets better.
Pro Tip for Shiraz, Sid M et al: to get out of a hole, put down the shovel.
These guys are so good they could get jobs in the White House.

#158 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

So then, does this confirm that Sid is Shiraz and Shiraz is Did? That Sid/ Shiraz are both Higgins?

Also that Mrs. Peacock did it in the concession stand at the Blue Bridge Theatre?

See... comedy.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 20 September 2017 - 03:53 PM.

• Kungsberg likes this

#159 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

...not that anyone here actually believes someone named Gideon Alexander wrote that email.

Know it all.

#160 Shiraz

Shiraz
  • Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

Here ya go, for what it's worth

Attached Images

• 2017-09-20 (5).png

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users