APPROVED
The Pearl Residences
Use: condo
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: 133 (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: pre-sales
The Pearl Residences, coming to the 1600-block of Store Street in downtown Victoria's Chinatown district, is a... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 5-storeys | Approved

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#181 LJ

LJ
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

Could a down-draft range be installed in the island? I know not everyone is happy with the efficiency of these units, but it would open up the view.

The only problem with those with a gas stove is they suck the flame toward the vent meaning if you have a big pot or pan on the burner the flame is only under part of it giving you uneven cooking.

• DavidSchell likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#182 lanforod

lanforod
  • 6,670 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

My parents have a gas range with a down draft vent. Works fine, never had a problem with uneven cooking. They just did a kitchen reno and put a brand new one in too.

I think maybe this one: https://www.kitchena...cgd506gss.html 

Edited by lanforod, 12 December 2018 - 01:13 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#183 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Some of the units have the range on the island instead of not on the island

post-262-0-66437800-1543715686.jpg

If this picture was taken from the living area with a person cooking at the stove or washing vegetables or dishes at the sink you would not see the persons face behind the fan if they were cooking and the person would be facing the wall if they were at the sink which makes for awkward communication. (keep in mind folks this is a condo not a house) The second reason I felt this design was a flaw is there is little prep space next to sink with no cupboards up above so now you star at a cabinet door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.