BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#81 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

I believe it will be on the south side but I’ll have to confirm.

Looking at this rendering I could not determine if the parking entrance was on the south side adjacent to the Janion or on the north.

1624 Store-3.jpg

#82 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Parking is on the north end.

There is NO public walkway along the building. I must have misheard that bit at the meeting.
  • Nparker and Janion Fan like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#83 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

There is NO public walkway along the building. I must have misheard that bit at the meeting.

Ya might have heard "walkway" but quite likely just a continuance of the shoreline trail.

The Janion is built right to its property line on the north side, and this new building butts up against that.  I would be surprised if a developer would give up square footage (to their north), just to provide a walkway to the unfinished path ( otherwise known as David Foster walkway).  There's no benefit to that from anyone's perspective. There's already an access to David's walkway to the south of the Janion, and at Mermaid/Canoe (Swift St)

I am curious, however, how they plan to fit a 135 vehicle parkade, where did that info come from? 

#84 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

They don’t need access there to the DFHP. The Janion has that covered already, and there’s that street that accesses Canoe.
  • JanionGuy likes this

#85 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

They don’t need access there to the DFHP. The Janion has that covered already, and there’s that street that accesses Canoe.

Um, i already said that " There's already an access to David's walkway to the south of the Janion, and at Mermaid/Canoe (Swift St)"   LOL

• nagel likes this

#86 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

The width of the building was relaxed quite a bit from the massing that is permitted. These guys are trying to be the best neighbours they can be.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#87 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

Well the width has to respect the Janion North tenants. Not everybody wants to be able to kiss from one window to the other.

(Except Matt Lauer)

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 01 December 2017 - 07:25 AM.

• Mike K. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#88 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

Oh also...

• thundergun and nagel like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#89 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

They've now applied for a DP. Plans not up yet, but here's the folder: https://tender.victo...Number=DPV00068

• Nparker likes this

#90 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up Jackerbie.

A complete set of plans and renderings (some previously published) has been attached on Dev Tracker.

One of the newly-available renderings:

pic2.JPG

• Nparker likes this

#91 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

This will be a great addition to the waterfront. 

#92 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

I especially love how this project will restore and update the street wall, without slavishly attempting to mimic an historic facade.

street wall.JPG

• jonny, JanionGuy, shoeflack and 1 other like this

#93 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Slight updates to the plans were received by the City on March 29. According to the Dev Tracker, it looks like all of the staff comments have been addressed and this will be proceeding COTW. No date scheduled yet.

Capture.png

• Mike K., Kapten Kapsell and Nparker like this

#94 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,548 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:21 AM

The changes were only design-related, yes? No changes to density?

Know it all.

#95 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

The changes were only design-related, yes? No changes to density?

Basically the same. The architect provided a list of all the changes in the revised package. Looks like one parking space was eliminated (it didn't meet size requirements), bike parking was updated, and two of the residential units were replaces with live-work units.

#96 aastra

aastra
  • 20,753 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

That crosshatched material shown in the image at the top of this page is the same stuff that was used on the "Village Walk" building at Oak Bay Avenue & Foul Bay, yes?

Edit: on the top level of Village Walk, I mean.

Edited by aastra, 16 April 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#97 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

That crosshatched material shown in the image at the top of this page is the same stuff they used on the building at Oak Bay Avenue & Foul Bay, yes?

Not sure what they used at Oak Bay and Foul Bay, but the materials list for this one says its "Diamond Shingle Cladding: Prefinished Metal 'Campaign.'" It looks to be the same material, probably a different colour.

Edited by Jackerbie, 16 April 2018 - 10:39 AM.

#98 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Not sure what they used at Oak Bay and Foul Bay, but the materials list for this one says its "Diamond Shingle Cladding: Prefinished Metal 'Campaign.'" It looks to be the same material, probably a different colour.

Jackerbie - absolutely correct. Same material, different colour.

• Mike K. and Jackerbie like this

#99 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

This is also on today's ADP agenda.

#100 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Out of curiosity, is this project being proposed by the same developer as the Pearl on Hillside?  That condo building was completed 8-9 years ago.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)