BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#141 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:03 PM

Got priority pricing today, Is it just me or are they crazy high for the current uncertainty of the market and recent slow sales of other pre sales. Assuming they will include a parking spot and high end finishes like Hudson Place One the sqft must be big seeing the prices seem higher than Hudson Place One whose sales are slow.... as well as Capital Park where sales are slow. Hopefully they at least have heat pumps. (For anyone asking why I think HP1 and Capital Park have slow sales it's because I've been to both a few times and the inventory hasn't changed much at all especially considering the anticipation for them)

• Studio Suites from $349,000 +GST.
  • One Bedroom Suites from $445,000+.
  • Two Bedroom Suites from $845,000+.
  • Two Bedroom + Den from $945,000+.
  • Penthouse Suites from $1,250,000+. (Some Three Bedrooms available.)

• RFS likes this

#142 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:36 PM

The prices seem to be in line with what we are seeing in some of the developments coming on to the market.

#143 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:39 PM

If the studies were 400 sq/ft and included parking that would be a solid deal, but my guess is either they will be smaller than 400 sq/ft or won't include parking, or both.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#144 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:09 PM

I get they would be in line with the others, unfortunately the others aren't selling quickly so at some point you would think they would sharpen their pencils to get more volume sales and capital. The market has such an influx of pre sales already and Bayview tower 4, Hudson 2 and Bosa still haven't rolled out yet as well as a few others in Old Town. These units are getting launched at current pricing not pre sale get in early so you don't miss out pricing. Just my opinion

#145 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:30 AM

HP1 has gone through more units than are available in a typical condo building in this town so it’s important to look at the total sales and not just a percentage. 176-units at the top end of the market and geared towards resident-purchasers are going to take a while to sell even in a hot market.

Capital Park is doing well with larger units which is typically where the inventory lags.

Ironworks on the other hand, geared towards investors, had units flying off the shelves.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#146 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

This discussion on housing values has been moved to the Victoria home prices and housing values thread.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#147 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Well disclosure statements were sent out today but no floor plans with pricing. One thing mentioned was there will be heat pumps so it checks one box on my list. Hard to tell if parkade has a goofy one way entry like Janion but it was very clear that parking is not included in asking price and there will be no Air bnb or short term rentals.

#148 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

Short term rentals are relegated to existing stock at-present. No new projects can permit that usage.

Know it all.

#149 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

Short term rentals are relegated to existing stock at-present. No new projects can permit that usage.

So is a month considered long term?

#150 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

Is that the minimum as per the disclosure statement?

But yup, a full month of renting a residence is considered a standard rental term (think month-to-month).

Know it all.

#151 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:27 PM

So is a month considered long term?

No.  Any rental 30 days or longer is exempt from the bylaw.

• songheesguy likes this

#152 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

Is that the minimum as per the disclosure statement?

But yup, a full month of renting a residence is considered a standard rental term (think month-to-month).

• There will be 16 studio units, 90 one bedders, 25 two bedders, 1 three bedder with two baths, 1 three bedder with three baths.
  • Construction start date: Jan to April 2019.
  • Construction finish date: March to May 2021.
  • Outside Completion date: December 31, 2022.
  • Concrete construction, built by Farmer Construction.
  • Closed loop water source heat pump in each unit for heating and Air Conditioning.
  • Deposit structure: 10% at time of writing, 10% when development permit is issued.
  • Rentals permitted with 30 day minimum term.
  • No transient / Air bnb / short term rentals allowed.
  • Storage locker (1) and bicycle storage (1) included.
  • Fitness centre included.
  • Parking available for most suites, purchase price above stated suite price ranges TBA.
  • Electric car parking available, with terms.
  • Animals: 1 cat, 2 dogs, fish, 2 caged birds.
  • BBQ's ok if electric or propane only.
  • Assignment Clause: Permitted with granted written permission and 1.5% on purchase price paid to developer at time written permission for assignment rights are requested.
  • Exhibit 'H' in the DS contains a copy of the contract of purchase and sale.

#153 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:51 AM

Thank you!
  • songheesguy likes this

Know it all.

#154 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:54 PM

Seems like pretty much all developers have substantially increased the assignment fees.

#155 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:25 AM

Seems like pretty much all developers have substantially increased the assignment fees.

When it says paid to developer on purchase price paid to developer at time assignment is written, does that mean you pay 1.5% on the 20% deposit down or total price of contract?

#156 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:33 AM

The way it’s written is a little unclear. Do they mean purchase price of the unit, or purchase price of the unit at the new assignment price?

Know it all.

#157 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Traditionally the assignment fee % is paid on the assignor’s purchase price (the original pre-sale price) but the wording above is unclear. 

I.e. Pre-sale puchase $500,000

Assignee's Total Purchase Price: $550,000

% traditionally paid on the $500,000. 

• songheesguy likes this

#158 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

soft opening taking place this weekend.

#159 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

I didn’t hear a peep about this. I was in town today and would have dropped by.

Know it all.

#160 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

I didn’t hear a peep about this. I was i town today and would have dropped by.

Hey Mike - it was only sent out to our Priority List as it was a soft opening - as MarkoJ can attest, we needed to work out a few bugs. We are open again tomorrow from 12-4. Come by! We will commence advertising our opening and hours until mid-December when we will be open for appointments only during Christmas and then do a big, public launch in January. At least that is my current plan...

Attached Images

• Presentation Centre2.jpg
  • Presentation Centre 1.jpg

• Mike K. and 02ydnij like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users