BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#161 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

Ah, gotcha. I am out of town tomorrow but I’ll check it out soon, for sure. Looking good based on those photos!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#162 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:33 PM

Hey Mike - it was only sent out to our Priority List as it was a soft opening - as MarkoJ can attest, we needed to work out a few bugs. We are open again tomorrow from 12-4. Come by! We will commence advertising our opening and hours until mid-December when we will be open for appointments only during Christmas and then do a big, public launch in January. At least that is my current plan...

The stove in the island is very strange...kinda reminds me of Japanese Village. Is this for studios and one bedrooms or the same finishing in all units? 

#163 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

Hey Mike - it was only sent out to our Priority List as it was a soft opening - as MarkoJ can attest, we needed to work out a few bugs. We are open again tomorrow from 12-4. Come by! We will commence advertising our opening and hours until mid-December when we will be open for appointments only during Christmas and then do a big, public launch in January. At least that is my current plan...

Any idea on pricing per sqft?

#164 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:55 PM

Any idea on pricing per sqft?

The pricing averages around $840/sq.ft. The building is largely 1 bedroom suites. We tried to keep unde $500k with a parking spot.

#165 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:57 PM

The stove in the island is very strange...kinda reminds me of Japanese Village. Is this for studios and one bedrooms or the same finishing in all units?

#166 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

It is strange. Some suites have them in the Island, others against the wall. If you like entertaining or watching tv while you cook, it’s fabulous. Some will love it, some won’t but we have options for either preference.

#167 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

It is strange. Some suites have them in the Island, others against the wall. If you like entertaining or watching tv while you cook, it’s fabulous. Some will love it, some won’t but we have options for either preference.

You have to be a shorty to see under the hood fan :confused:

#168 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:35 AM

Saturday was priority selection purchase day and not many people there. In the end I did not purchase anything because the interior design and kitchen layout is garbage. They should have hired a professional designer IMO

#169 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:50 AM

I didn't might the design at all.....but much like every other pre-sale development they are priced at current completed market value in a market that is softening. I don't think any development will be selling out quickly anytime soon.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#170 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:53 AM

Saturday was priority selection purchase day and not many people there. In the end I did not purchase anything because the interior design and kitchen layout is garbage. They should have hired a professional designer IMO

Between d'ambrosio architecture and Kimberly Williams Interiors, we're pretty proud of our design and layouts. Sorry it didn’t suit you. The reason you may not have seen many people is that we were open for appointments only, and scheduled people in one group at a time. Things are definitely not what they were a year ago but we had a solid day including the sale of a 3 bedroom penthouse some twos and some one bedrooms.

#171 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:15 AM

Between d'ambrosio architecture and Kimberly Williams Interiors, we're pretty proud of our design and layouts. Sorry it didn’t suit you. The reason you may not have seen many people is that we were open for appointments only, and scheduled people in one group at a time. Things are definitely not what they were a year ago but we had a solid day including the sale of a 3 bedroom penthouse some twos and some one bedrooms.

Appologies, I didn't know you worked for The Pearl. I wasn't aware an interior designer was used and the architecture is fine I am just surprised an interior designer didn't pick up on the island with stove flaw. You are correct market is very quiet that is for sure

#172 darlenet8

darlenet8
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:34 AM

Appologies, I didn't know you worked for The Pearl. I wasn't aware an interior designer was used and the architecture is fine I am just surprised an interior designer didn't pick up on the island with stove flaw. You are correct market is very quiet that is for sure

One man's flaw...
Island ranges, which are in some suites, seem to be hated by people who have never used one and passionately loved by people who have. Some suites have them and some don't so there are choices.

#173 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

What is this "island with stove" flaw? The house I grew up in had one, and my parents' current house has one. They're great, especially if you're trying to carry a conversation with anyone. It's nice not having your back to the rest of the room.

• Nparker and jonny like this

#174 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:50 AM

What is this "island with stove" flaw? The house I grew up in had one, and my parents' current house has one. They're great, especially if you're trying to carry a conversation with anyone. It's nice not having your back to the rest of the room.

Ditto with my parents. I'm looking to do a kitchen reno in the next few years and am considering putting in one as well (albeit gas, not electric).

#175 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

What exactly is the flaw that we're talking about?

#176 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

What exactly is the flaw that we're talking about?

Some of the units have the range on the island instead of not on the island

post-262-0-66437800-1543715686.jpg

#177 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

I grew up in a house that had this.  As a tall person, it made it very difficult to have a conversation with anyone because no matter where they were in the room, my view of them was obstructed.  When hosting, people tend to gather around the island.  Again, I would have to duck down to have a conversation. 

#178 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

I'd also regularly smoke my head on it when doing other tasks.  Never had these problems with non-island based stoves.

#179 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Could a down-draft range be installed in the island? I know not everyone is happy with the efficiency of these units, but it would open up the view.

#180 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

I don't know, islands usually end up being cluttered with junk. It's good to have something useful there. I can see it being annoying for tall people although the one in the photo looks very unobtrusive.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users