BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#241 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:49 AM

Magnum was not involved in this project.

I'm not familiar with the group that did the actual marketing here, either at the beginning or the recent group that's in charge. It wasn't one of the big players initially and isn't now, that's all I know.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#242 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:35 PM

Magnum was not involved in this project.

I'm not familiar with the group that did the actual marketing here, either at the beginning or the recent group that's in charge. It wasn't one of the big players initially and isn't now, that's all I know.

Weird... I was so positive that Magnum did the initial marketing push. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#243 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

Magnum did Janion and 595 Pandora.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#244 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVictoria/Toronto

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:56 PM

The location is great and the project has a fantastic design. Frank D'Ambrosio did the architecture with his team and it's going to fit seamlessly on the site. I've been developing in concrete and steel for years out east. It's a thankless and tough game. I first stopped into The Pearl sales center in the fall with my wife and we had an excellent experience with both of the sales staff who work for the developer directly. I'd hire the young woman that gave us our tour to sell our product. The sales center was very appealing, the photography was quality, the space had been thoughtfully curated. When I returned earlier this month my colleagues said the same. Plus, the office was full and they were selling homes as we were there. It was busy and had good energy. 

I'm new to these forums but there are a lot of negative comments and speculation. The Farmers have been building for a long time in Victoria. Don't they deserve better than gossip? Don't we all? That grammar comment was needless and unkind. Whatever their plans for the site, they own it and it's up to them to navigate privately with their buyers and on public record where required by the City of Victoria.

Pressure fueled by half truths or ill-informed opinions with a negative bent are worth what they cost. If you're pro development it seems like the focus should be on the merits of the build. If you're against development, believe developers should be held to tighter standards or have ideas on development in the city your voice would have impact at the City Council hearings and through government channels. Either way, putting questions and comments out should be done with respect that this is someone's life work. The Pearl was passed unanimously. Homes have sold. To each their own with freedom of expression. I'd just like to see support for local builders and their efforts... or constructive views on how things might be improved with respect in mind. This project has a ton of good going for it and so do the others around town. 

• m3m likes this

#245 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:01 PM

Having an opinion on marketing is not gossip. Like I said I want this project to move and they told us it would be completed in 2022 but it will be hard to keep to that date if not impossible. They started selling in 2018 and it's been a long time since the first prospective buyers got a tour and since then the sales team has changed, the logo has changed, the branding has changed, nothing is happening on the site and the building permit has not been issued.

Please don't be upset if people are curious why what should be a slam dunk development is not yet under construction. We all want it to be I am certain.

• Mixed365 likes this

#246 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:20 PM

I was just reading a good thread by a communications expert on coronavirus briefings:

Strive for transparency and regular, predictable channels for communications (who will speak, when they will speak, what platform they will use) — even if it’s just to say there are no updates come back tomorrow. Comms vacuums when we “go dark” breed misinformation and rumors

Lack of solid updates force us to speculate. 

And this website was created to critique the development industry. To celebrate its successes and criticize its missteps. People wanting rosy puff pieces can read Boulevard.

• Mike K. and Greg like this

#247 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:25 PM

Welcome to VV, Eport.

Do you know what the project's sold status is?

Know it all.

#248 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:11 PM

There is only one reason for this having not moved forward, the market. 

#249 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:27 AM

The location is great and the project has a fantastic design. Frank D'Ambrosio did the architecture with his team and it's going to fit seamlessly on the site. I've been developing in concrete and steel for years out east. It's a thankless and tough game. I first stopped into The Pearl sales center in the fall with my wife and we had an excellent experience with both of the sales staff who work for the developer directly. I'd hire the young woman that gave us our tour to sell our product. The sales center was very appealing, the photography was quality, the space had been thoughtfully curated. When I returned earlier this month my colleagues said the same. Plus, the office was full and they were selling homes as we were there. It was busy and had good energy. 

I'm new to these forums but there are a lot of negative comments and speculation. The Farmers have been building for a long time in Victoria. Don't they deserve better than gossip? Don't we all? That grammar comment was needless and unkind. Whatever their plans for the site, they own it and it's up to them to navigate privately with their buyers and on public record where required by the City of Victoria.

Pressure fueled by half truths or ill-informed opinions with a negative bent are worth what they cost. If you're pro development it seems like the focus should be on the merits of the build. If you're against development, believe developers should be held to tighter standards or have ideas on development in the city your voice would have impact at the City Council hearings and through government channels. Either way, putting questions and comments out should be done with respect that this is someone's life work. The Pearl was passed unanimously. Homes have sold. To each their own with freedom of expression. I'd just like to see support for local builders and their efforts... or constructive views on how things might be improved with respect in mind. This project has a ton of good going for it and so do the others around town. 

Did you purchase a unit in the bldg?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#250 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:35 AM

If you mean the market doesn’t want $500 grand studios you are correct.
  • songheesguy likes this

#251 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:25 PM

If you mean the market doesn’t want $500 grand studios you are correct.

Their Studios are starting at $340,000... I don't think anyone would want a $500K Studio! 

#252 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:26 PM

Did you purchase a unit in the bldg?

My wife and I haven't, no. We've purchased new construction in Victoria before though. And two of my colleagues did purchase at The Pearl. 

#253 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:27 PM

Welcome to VV, Eport.

Do you know what the project's sold status is?

Thanks.

Forty to fifty percent was the report. 

#254 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:28 PM

I was just reading a good thread by a communications expert on coronavirus briefings:

Lack of solid updates force us to speculate. 

And this website was created to critique the development industry. To celebrate its successes and criticize its missteps. People wanting rosy puff pieces can read Boulevard.

Speculation is a choice. Also there doesn't seem to be much celebrating going on. Rosy puff pieces or just positive outlooks? Big difference. 

#255 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

Having an opinion on marketing is not gossip. Like I said I want this project to move and they told us it would be completed in 2022 but it will be hard to keep to that date if not impossible. They started selling in 2018 and it's been a long time since the first prospective buyers got a tour and since then the sales team has changed, the logo has changed, the branding has changed, nothing is happening on the site and the building permit has not been issued.

Please don't be upset if people are curious why what should be a slam dunk development is not yet under construction. We all want it to be I am certain.

Happy to hear you'd like to see it go. And totally appreciate where you're coming from. You're right - having an opinion on the general market does not necessarily mean gossip. Creating rumor without having fact to back to it up or offering opinions that are primarily negative and not informed does. Just offering the option for those who were doing the latter to view the connection to the real people behind these projects. 

#256 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:45 PM

If its $340 for a studio I apologize for the mistake. I based the price off the advertising that says units starting just under $500. That's what the ads say so I don't know what to believe any more and the website has no information on price.

There are no rumours here.

#257 EPort

EPort
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:47 PM

If its $340 for a studio I apologize for the mistake. I based the price off the advertising that says units starting just under $500. That's what the ads say so I don't know what to believe any more and the website has no information on price.

There are no rumours here.

The pricing sheet from the sales team has studios for $340K, 1 Beds inclu parking from $445K and 2 Bed w/Den / Penthouses, with water views, from $915K inclu parking. 

Edited by EPort, 12 March 2020 - 12:49 PM.

#258 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,794 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

what's happening here?  no sign of anything in this photo by gary.

49969225161_2e76968f1f_k.jpg

#259 n_eclipse

n_eclipse
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Anyone buy recently on the deal they just advertised? Any thoughts on if it's worth the risk during these times?

#260 n_eclipse

n_eclipse
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:59 PM

Anyone know what's happening with this project? Investors who are in this project want to chime in? 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users