8 replies to this topic

#1 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, shoeflack!

12 two-storey townhomes with rooftop terraces, plus 12 studio apartments are slated for the green space between James Bay's Charter House and Regent Tower residential buildings.

Townhome-and-studio-apartment-rentals-proposed-for-James-Bays-Michigan-Street.jpg

An artist's rendering of 415/435 Michigan Street, a 24-unit townhome and studio apartment rental complex proposed for land between the 14-storey Charter House (at left) and 13-storey Regent Tower rental buildings in James Bay.

Townhome and studio apartment rentals proposed for James Bay's Michigan Street

https://victoria.cit...ichigan-street/

• Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and shoeflack like this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 23,264 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

OMG. I absolutely nailed the objections:

Nparker, on 13 Mar 2018 - 2:03 PM, said:

How long before someone complains it's too tall, too dense, too many trees are being removed, it's too expensive and will have an adverse affect on traffic/parking. In other words, the same objections made every single time increased density is proposed.

...C: lives in 3 unit townhouse down the street, with 2 parking spaces/unit, underground, doesn’t believe proposal has adequate parking – will be a lot of push-back since inadequate parking

C: Trees 4 existing tress marked for removal (not 2 as stated) – doesn’t believe parking will be adequate ...
...Q: 415 Michigan resident – concerned about loss of green space in JB – feels the existing green space has been a part of the community for the last 45 yrs+ there is too much density in the area. Feels new structure will be a blight – and cost will require more than what is proposed for number of residents per unit.
...C: don’t need luxury housing

• Mike K. likes this

#3 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

I already own property.  Please don't let more people live around here it will make things more difficult for me.  

Sincerely,

older people

• Nparker, jonny and tjv like this

#4 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

What I find terribly ironic is that they need to rezone because the proposed building isn't tall enough

• aastra, Nparker and grantpalin like this

#5 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:51 AM

Seems pretty disrespectful to the neighbouring buildings to build such a low-density low-height building there.

• VicHockeyFan likes this
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#6 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

I already own property.  Please don't let more people live around here it will make things more difficult for me.  

Sincerely,

older people

^You absolutely nailed it!

I've parked around there before and the residents feel they own the on street parking.  Luckily I got all the tickets squashed

• Mike K. and VicHockeyFan like this

#7 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 2,316 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

This one continues to march along, and the Dev Tracker indicates that staff review is done and it'll be off to CotW, though no date is given. Despite going through 6 revisions, it looks basically the same as the first proposal at the top of this page.

Dev Tracker is here: https://tender.victo...Number=REZ00637

Given the amount of pain Starlight is going through for these 24 townhouse units in James Bay, I wonder how they're feeling about their Harris Green investment...

#8 Nparker

Nparker
  • 23,264 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

2 years in the approval process for a relatively small project like this is unacceptable.

#9 aastra

aastra
  • 14,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

When Victoria was smaller it built bigger, but now that Victoria is bigger it builds smaller. Did I mention the housing crisis is soon to be celebrating its 75th birthday?

415-435_Michigan_St.jpg

• Nparker, grantpalin and Brantastic like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users