Texas Shooting

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

The man accused of gunning down a police officer during a violent rampage in Abbotsford, B.C. this week is a senior from Alberta who doesn’t have a firearms licence.

On Tuesday, homicide investigators named 65-year-old Oscar Ferdinand Arfmann as the alleged killer of Const. John Davidson, and revealed they have secured one count of first-degree murder in the fatal shooting.

Police believe Arfmann stepped out of a stolen vehicle with a gun Monday morning, opened fire on the public in a busy parking lot, then engaged in a deadly shootout with police.

Davidson, who is being mourned as a respected 24-year police veteran, was the first officer to arrive and confront the alleged gunman.

It's unclear where the gun came from or how it was obtained, but Cpl. Frank Jang of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team said the accused is not legally allowed to possess one.

"Arfmann did at one point have a firearms licence, but it did expire as of 2015," Jang said.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...ficer-1.3667551

How about that, our killer had no permission to own firearms, the Texas guy did.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#62 SimonH

SimonH
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

Upto 10 shot dead in Texas High school.

Edited by SimonH, 18 May 2018 - 10:08 AM.

#63 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

It's kind of sad when you can just tack on the murder of 10 people to an existing thread from 7 months ago without even needing to change the title of the thread ... and still have it 100% relevant.

#64 SimonH

SimonH
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

It's kind of sad when you can just tack on the murder of 10 people to an existing thread from 7 months ago without even needing to change the title of the thread ... and still have it 100% relevant.

I'm past the "sad" stage (although I understand where you're coming from).  I'm past every stage and have now reached the utter bewilderment mixed with gallows humour stage.

Let us pray ......

#65 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Now everyone's talking about arming teachers. Figures the same people who successfully flooded America with guns now want to counter the problem of any angry kid being able to have guns by bringing in even more guns! 

The most depressing part is when Americans bring up terrorists in other part of the world to claim gun controls "don't work" and so they'd be useless... as if a loner who got rejected at school was as sophisticated and motivated as terrorists who get trained by murderers and wage war against an entire civilization.

#66 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,134 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...ficer-1.3667551

How about that, our killer had no permission to own firearms, the Texas guy did.

Since the dad was the owner of the guns and the kid took them without permission, I don't think the Texas kid "owned" anything.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 21 May 2018 - 07:45 AM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#67 LJ

LJ
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

guns.jpg

• sebberry likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users