Election Reform / Proportional Representation - BC 2018 Referendum

• Please log in to reply
639 replies to this topic

#261 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:46 PM

The Greens do have a lot to gain in this as they will get their portion of the vote represented in the legislature.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#262 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:30 PM

True. The envelope that you send back to Elections BC is yellow and it is clearly not thick enough. Your personal information can clearly be seen through that, so the certification envelope needs to be covered up, the ballot is safe in the security sleeve they provided. What a farce this whole thing is. The fact that there is so many pivotal questions left unanswered is concerning.  

Well, I've got two of them right here... completed. If anyone can actually figure out who I or my partner are from what can be seen through the envelope... more power to them... and they should stay away from kryptonite.

• Mystic-Pizza likes this

#263 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:14 AM

Just slip a piece of paper into the envelope and you’re good :)
  • pennymurphy2000 likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#264 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:33 AM

Have you mailed in your ballot, folks?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#265 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:54 AM

Yup got it Thursday mailed it Friday. Didn’t need to mull it over
  • Matt R. likes this

#266 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

Yes. Received it last week and mailed it over the weekend. 

#267 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

finally yes

#268 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:29 PM

Mailed mine today.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#269 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:04 PM

Mailed mine today.

Same. As long as the mail gets through.

#270 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,029 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

Done and done. Resisted filling in the ones from the previous owners who haven’t updated their address in the 13 months they’ve been gone.

Matt.
  • rjag and Bob Fugger like this

#271 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Dropped mine in the outgoing mail slot at the PO yesterday, while there to pick up a a package. Two errands in one stop!

Edited by grantpalin, 07 November 2018 - 09:48 AM.

• rjag likes this

#272 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:37 AM

For those of you who want to keep a tally.

https://elections.bc...ot_Returns.pdf?

Edited by spanky123, 07 November 2018 - 10:37 AM.

#273 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:17 PM

Oh my. Only 96 ballots received thus far from across the south Island, which is less than 0.04% of the nearly 300,000 eligible voters.

Meanwhile the overall return rate is less than 1.5%: https://victoria.cit...ectoral-reform/

What exactly are people waiting for? The Long Weekend? A random Wednesday?

As we inch closer towards Remembrance Day the gravity of our civic duty should be sinking in.

Know it all.

#274 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:29 PM

Oh my. Only 96 ballots received thus far from across the south Island, which is less than 0.04% of the nearly 300,000 eligible voters.

Meanwhile the overall return rate is less than 1.5%: https://victoria.cit...ectoral-reform/

What exactly are people waiting for? The Long Weekend? A random Wednesday?

As we inch closer towards Remembrance Day the gravity of our civic duty should be sinking in.

I haven’t voted yet. Might not at all. Just don’t care

#275 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:32 PM

Some points.

Canada Post strike obviously delayed a lot of people in getting their packages, as well as Elections BC receiving completed ones. We've also just entered the phase of folks being able to request a package had they not yet received on in the mail. So lots of voters are still sitting without a package. Heck, I know in my building of only 36 units, we've had at least a dozen return to sender packages.

Beyond that, I know many folks want to catch the PR debate tomorrow. Many are still just trying to understand what they're voting on. My partner and I still haven't sent our in, more laziness than anything else.

It's still early days. What's the over/under on final turnout? Most recent mail ballot was HST at 53% in 2011. Before that was treaty referendum in 2002 at 36%. Voter reform has to be somewhere in between those two...maybe 44%?

#276 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

Dood. If not you, who?

Our province needs those who are acutely aware of their political surroundings to participate. You’re at the top 1% of individuals who are politically tuned in.

Know it all.

#277 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

Dood. If not you, who?

Our province needs those who are acutely aware of their political surroundings to participate. You’re at the top 1% of individuals who are politically tuned in.

BC political options suck so bad that it’s hard to care. You want the progressive lying sociopaths or the slightly less progressive lying sociopaths? When I saw Christie Clark blame Trump for the synagogue shooting on Facebook I wrote off the BC liberals for good. Bring on prop rep for all I care

#278 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

Oh gawd, I know. She also said Victorians weren’t even people. Remember that?

The pendulum always swings back.

Know it all.

#279 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

Oh gawd, I know. She also said Victorians weren’t even people. Remember that?

That one I’ll give her

#280 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,528 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

So she might be a mystic after all.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)