• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

I suspect it's this.

It's actually nice that they'll be turning that into a proper rest stop.

Oh ya, that's cool, so is it a path to a hilltop, and you can look towards the ocean?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Yup. You can drive up there now and the area is a rounded gravel parking lot with some pretty good views. It's been there for a while in that state.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

This was a boring one for sure.  Bus pullouts at an intersection that was just done at WSP?  Nobody admitting they f'd up?

#44 malahatdrive

malahatdrive
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Yes this was an anti-climatic news release for sure. Not sure why the premier would need to be there to announce this.

It should be noted however this is just items that they can do right now - there will be further and more significant work in the future (see this part of the news release)

The next phases of work, to be announced later this year based on community feedback and further engineering work, will focus on major intersection upgrades, passing opportunities, improving the highway alignment, widening highway shoulders for cyclists and additional transit-related upgrades.

Edited by malahatdrive, 19 January 2018 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users