Photo

Alberta NDP and BC NDP at war with each other

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#521 nagel

nagel
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:55 AM

I don't mind being the laughing stock with the surplus vs the province with such an insane aversion to sales taxes they would rather rattle off $7-10 billion deficits each year.

#522 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 12,529 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

^ Agree. Things are going pretty well on this side of the border. With Alberta as a foil especially if they have a right wing government it will actually make it less likely that we will come to agreements with them on much.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#523 rjag

rjag
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:16 PM

I don't mind being the laughing stock with the surplus vs the province with such an insane aversion to sales taxes they would rather rattle off $7-10 billion deficits each year.

BC is adding $400million per month to the debt, so they can claim a surplus but they have committed more than $12million per day of new borrowing to pay for their promises, that eventually will have to be paid back by our taxes.

Not saying they are any better or worse than the last crowd, but you might be drinking the surplus kool-aid

#524 jonny

jonny
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:00 AM

The thing about sovereign debt is it never has to be repaid. They just roll that over into new bonds when it's due.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users