• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 manifest

manifest
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

The Kitchen by Accio
Great Food Made for Delivery

Order From: myaccio.com (use the promo code vibrantvictoria when signing up for $5 off your first purchase)

Accio has delivered great restaurant food to our customers since 2015. However, most restaurant food isn't made to travel. The Kitchen elevates the home delivery game while bringing you the high standard of food quality that you deserve.

We operate exactly like our traditional delivery service, except everything you order is made on location in our kitchen in the Hudson Market. Place your order through our app or website. We then make, pack, and deliver everything right to your doorstep, office, boat, kitchen party or wherever else you might be. Simple, delicious and efficient.

Our team of professional chefs are bringing you their skills to create a menu that is diverse, ethical and appealing to just about every taste. Our focus is on healthy ingredients found seasonally and locally, and hearty flavours that travel directly to you – so you can focus on doing whatever it is you’re doing.

Bistro (https://www.myaccio....-kitchen/bistro)
Head Chef: Sandi Irving
Sandi has honed her skills up and down the wild west coast. She spent the last 7 years as the executive chef of Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort, located in a remote region of the Great Bear Rainforest. Now her food is available right to your door. It is light, healthful, and French-inspired fare, meaning you can treat yourself while treating yourself right.

Relish (https://www.myaccio....-kitchen/relish)
Head Chef: Jamie Cummins
Jamie needs little introduction in Victoria. After making the rounds in the local restaurant scene, he opened Relish to rave reviews. Now he's bringing his Asian-inspired comfort food to our team, and man, are we glad to have him.

Burgers (https://www.myaccio....kitchen/burgers)
Head Chef: Brian Kremer
Brian's burgers will blow your brain. After moving to Victoria, Brian landed at Brasserie L'Ecole, before moving over to Part and Parcel. His cooking is absolutely delicious, yet totally unpretentious - exactly as a burger should be. Now he has set his mind to building burgers for all, whether committed carnivores or virtuous vegans.

Italian (https://www.myaccio....kitchen/italian)
Head Chef: Duncan Booth
Duncan may not hail from out west, but he's an enthusiastic transplant. Before putting down roots on the Island, he traveled far and wide, refining his culinary repertoire all the while. Combining classic Italian flavours with a modern sensibility, Duncan's offerings are perfect for both everyday eating and special occasions.

-----

I'll be following this topic and will respond to any feedback, questions, or criticism anyone has.

Thanks,
Mike
Co-founder @ Accio

Edited by manifest, 09 February 2018 - 03:18 PM.

• zenbunny and Matt R. like this

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

I got to the address, time, payment screen and was unable to enter an address.  It said select, then no address found underneath, and seemed unprepared to autofill as I typed, no matter what I typed.

Laptop, Chrome.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 09 February 2018 - 03:39 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 manifest

manifest
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hmm weird. That should definitely work. You can contact our dispatchers by text message at 250-800-2680 or you can use the web chat at https://www.myaccio.com/account. If you let them know your address they can add it to your account for you. Once that happens you will be able to refresh the page and see your address.

edit: I think you changed your message after I read it. There's an "Add Address" link on the left next to the address selector.

Edited by manifest, 09 February 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

VHF, Secret Lair, fourth mountain to the right, side door #2 is not a valid address.
  • VicHockeyFan and Matt R. like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:56 AM

VHF, Secret Lair, fourth mountain to the right, side door #2 is not a valid address.

Or "mom's basement" I guess.

I admit the bowls look pretty appetizing there Mike.  Your delivery range is pretty impressive too. 

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:04 PM

Can you order then pick up the food yourself?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#7 manifest

manifest
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Can you order then pick up the food yourself?

At the moment, sorta. We've been trying to figure out a way to accomplish this but haven't decided on anything yet. We've done a couple orders so far where people requested a pickup and then just texted us when they were outside our door. It's the best solution we have so far.

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Going on an Accio Kitchen lunch diet for the next few weeks at least. Will update here when I can!

#9 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

Email notice from Accio:

Over the past three years we have done our best to build a sustainable business that delivered from the best restaurants in Victoria, provided the best customer service, and paid our entire staff a fair living wage. As hard as we've tried, it's tough to compete when our prices are much higher than the alternatives. We have built a niche within Victoria's more affluent community who want to eat the best food and don't care how much it costs, but we have been forced to price out the majority of consumers in order to scrape by on small margins.

When we launched The Kitchen we were hoping that we would be able to co-exist with our existing delivery service since we know our customers still love ordering from their favourite restaurants around the city. Unfortunately the logistics of this just didn't make sense and we are now forced to shut down our traditional delivery service to focus on the future of Accio and The Kitchen.

We realize that this will upset some customers, and for that we are sorry. We hope that you will continue to use our service to order from The Kitchen where we not only provide amazing food at an affordable price, but also are able to control the process end to end to make sure your experience is perfect.
Sincerely,
The Accio Team

#10 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:40 AM

Understandable as you're now competing product-wise against your vendors, but I wonder if a competing service will take them on. Looking at Skip the Dishes vendor's vs Accio's (until now), most places I would want to get food from were on Accio.

#11 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Skip The Dishes was acquired for $200 million by Just Eat.

https://www.theglobe...rticle33341734/

That's some pretty big players.

• Dr. Barillas likes this

#12 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

Understandable as you're now competing product-wise against your vendors, but I wonder if a competing service will take them on. Looking at Skip the Dishes vendor's vs Accio's (until now), most places I would want to get food from were on Accio.

I don't think that they saw it in terms of competition, more like serving two masters poorly or one well.

With respect to SKD, they're terrible from the vendor side of things.  The margins they are charge restaurants are outrageous (15-35%), which essentially turns delivery into a loss leader.  For the consumer, it's great because the price the restaurant charges in-house is what you pay for delivery.  Aside from a nominal delivery fee, SKD's profits come exclusively from restaurants.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

I guess some places feel STD is the savouir though, seems odd to me.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 03 April 2018 - 02:46 PM.

#14 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:51 PM

I’ve always tried to avoid STD.

Matt.

#15 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

Accio has ceased operations as of today, as per one of the owner’s FB post.

#16 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

That's too bad - didn't even get a chance to try them out. I'm not a big delivery guy though - prefer to pick things up myself to get out of the office for a bit.

#17 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

That's too bad - didn't even get a chance to try them out. I'm not a big delivery guy though - prefer to pick things up myself to get out of the office for a bit.

They started allowing pickup from their space in the Victoria Public Market a couple of months ago.  Order online, pickup at counter.

#18 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

They had some interesting items, but a plain cheeseburger and fries was about $20!?! 

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#19 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

They had some interesting items, but a plain cheeseburger and fries was about $20!?! 

A pub burger is like $16-18 all day.  $20 delivered right to you is a bargain.  But then you could always Skip the Dishes your Mickey Dee's order for far less.

• Matt R. likes this

#20 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:44 PM

A pub burger is like $16-18 all day.  $20 delivered right to you is a bargain.  But then you could always Skip the Dishes your Mickey Dee's order for far less.

I had said burger. An $8 jobby from Big Wheel hammered it, and Big Wheel ain't that good. 

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users