[Victoria] The Courtney Room | 600-block of Courtney Street at Magnolia Hotel

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:14 AM

I think we all need to wrap our brain around the fact that it is getting more costly to provide goods and services in all sectors of business.

Yes it does jump out at us when we see a new product such as what the Magnolia is offering but in fairness, that is a tough industry to make a buck.

Mrs. Sparky, the two embers, and I went for a delightful buffet lunch downtown to a rather nice establishment on Mother's Day. Imagine the look on my face when the server of beverages brought the invoice to me whereby it boldly was not ashamed to charge me $65 a head.

Holy crap! I should have asked first. This ain't Kansas anymore.

#22 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

The price point is irrelevant--the test is whether you felt satisfied that you received good value and a memorable experience. You can spend five bucks at Burger King and possibly not get that.

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

Mrs. Sparky, the two embers, and I went for a delightful buffet lunch downtown to a rather nice establishment on Mother's Day. Imagine the look on my face when the server of beverages brought the invoice to me whereby it boldly was not ashamed to charge me $65 a head.

Holy crap! I should have asked first. This ain't Kansas anymore.

You went to a place completely unaware of what the price was? That seems odd.
  • sdwright.vic likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

^Car dealers love to see him coming.

• Sparky and lanforod like this

#25 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:13 AM

Hey, just a few months back I had a car dealer haggling with me over a price ...that was higher than the one he had listed in a newspaper, but which I didn't know he had listed in a newspaper.

It was epic when I found out and he called me back a week later to "follow up." It made my week to receive that call, let me tell ya.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

Haven't those Mother's Day things been crazy expensive for ages?

• Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users