• 932 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:14 PM

Jordan Reichert's campaign website is up: http://www.jordanreichert.ca/

#2 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Jordan Reichert's campaign website is up: http://www.jordanreichert.ca/

Sounds like quite the Dr. Dolittle.  Should fit right in!

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Well is it also odd he’s been criminally charged this month too?

http://victoriabuzz....-with-mischief/
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:46 AM

From Mr Reichert’s website: “It is my view that the moral baseline of our society is measured by its treatment of those most vulnerable within it. In Canada, no individuals are more vulnerable than non-human animals.“

Mr Reichert appears to imply that animals are persons, and that there are non-animal animals in our society.

Mr. Reichert has been charged with mischief over the placing of “Closed for business under Vehicle for Hire Bylaw” signage at horse drawn carriage stalls on Menzies Street. This occurred back in January. There was even a heated exchange on CFAX between Mr Reichert and host Adam Stirling when the station discovered the signs were fake after the station had reported that a horse drawn carriage business had closed.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:51 AM

CFAX (or at least Adam) got completely duped and was mad about them falsely reporting a story about it on a long weekend. Rather than waiting until City Hall opened to get the story right.

I’m not sure the candidate is suggesting there are non animal animals. He’s just going out of his way more than most in reminding us that we are also animals.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 07 May 2018 - 05:52 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:08 AM

I am no animal, sir. Neither are you.

• David Bratzer likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:22 AM

Humans are mammals, and in turn all mammals are animals, that science is settled.

This guy will explain it to you in 17 fascinating minutes, if you'd like to listen, very worth your while:

70,000 years ago, our ancestors were insignificant animals...

VIDEO

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 07 May 2018 - 06:26 AM.

• tedward likes this

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

Well then you better let VicPD know they should transfer Mr. Reichert's case over to Victoria Animal Control.

• rjag and David Bratzer like this

Know it all.

#9 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:55 AM

It is also essential that we have our first animal inclusive representative on council. 

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

In 2014, Jordan graduated with distinction from the University of Victoria with a double major in Sociology and Philosophy.

Yeah, no thanks. That website reads like a South Park parody.....

• VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#10 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

When he ran for the Animal Alliance Party in 2015, he clearly had some money to spend. The glossy brochure I got in my mailbox was higher quality than what I would get from most council candidates, even when they're running for re-election. 

#11 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

When he ran for the Animal Alliance Party in 2015, he clearly had some money to spend. The glossy brochure I got in my mailbox was higher quality than what I would get from most council candidates, even when they're running for re-election. 

A glossy brochure might be kind to animals but it doesn't sound like it is especially friendly to the environment in which they live. 

#12 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

^Well, you gotta crack some eggs to make an omelette. You could be like that guy that pledged to spend zero dollars on his Victoria council campaign and the results showed you get exactly what you pay for. He was soundly beat by the crazy racist t-shirt guy.

Mailed brochures are crazy expensive. The only way I could do it was by piggybacking onto a bunch of other candidates in one envelope.

Edited by Rob Randall, 07 May 2018 - 08:54 AM.

#13 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

...you gotta crack some eggs to make an omelette...

Something tells me this candidate's eggs have been cracked for some time.

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

Look, I'm all in favour of getting rid of the horse carriages.  Phase them out over 10 years, and that's lots of times to figure out some cool bike-powered or solar, or battery powered low-speed, open vehicles.

tourist-tram-balboa-park-transports-visi

• John M. likes this

#15 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Great. The horses get automated out of work too.

• Nparker, sebberry, tedward and 1 other like this

#16 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

I assume he would advocate to disband the Victoria police dog unit and insist that Victoria refuse the services of Saanich's K9 unit during a crisis.

Edited by Rob Randall, 07 May 2018 - 09:21 AM.

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:26 AM

Great. The horses get automated out of work too.

The operators say "these horse are bred to be working horses", well the 10 years gives them time to stop breading new work horses and time to invest in my newer technology.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 07 May 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#18 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Something tells me that "newer technology" is unlikely to have the appeal of horse drawn carriages.

#19 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

The operators say "these horse are bred to be working horses", well the 10 years gives them time to stop breading new work horses and time to invest in my newer technology.

So, not only will we eliminate their function but we will exterminate them as a species? That seems worse to me than letting them continue to do what their species were genetically modified do.

• jonny and Midnightly like this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#20 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Look, I'm all in favour of getting rid of the horse carriages.

I don't really care either way whether we have horse drawn carriages or not, but I am certain that the war against Tally Ho in Victoria is ridiculous. Of all the injustices in this world, that's the one you devote your time to? C'mon...

• tedward and nerka like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users