69 replies to this topic

#61 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,755 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:59 PM

Yikes. Is that all the parking?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#62 tedward

tedward
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:01 AM

Agree on logo and colours but name and field location are fine

The primary crest is horrible but the secondary mark (the trident) is awesome and the colours are fantastic. They will stand out as very distinct in the league. 

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#63 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

Yikes. Is that all the parking?

There are many parking lots as you approach the stadium that are all used by big box stores.  I think the plan is to allow everyone to use those spots.  It will all be in one area so you'll need some patience.

• Mike K. likes this

#64 RFS

RFS
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

And while I’m on a grumpy rant, and actually watching the Whitecaps lose 2-0 right now on TSN.. what a boring sport. Only with world bragging rights on the line is there some intrigue and drama. Nearly impossible to get a shot on goal.. or have any meaningful series of passes completed. It’s a game of a 1000 broken chances, and a few fleeting seconds of excitement.

They need to follow rugby’s lead, reduce the number of players to 7 per side and allow changes on the fly like hockey. I

Yeah soccer is very boring to watch, I think most people just pretend to enjoy it to larp as Europeans or something. It’s a fun game for 5-12 year olds

#65 RFS

RFS
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:07 PM

Yeah soccer is very boring to watch, I think most people just pretend to enjoy it to larp as Europeans or something. It’s a fun game for 5-12 year olds

Just occurred to me that's the same reason we build bike lanes here

#66 tedward

tedward
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

Funny, that's how I feel about baseball. ;)

#67 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:53 AM

I don't like contact sports at all, so Soccer is one of the ones I actually can watch on TV and enjoy.

Baseball on TV is liking watching Golf on TV.........boring. 

Auto Racing I can watch for hours and never get bored, and the same goes for water polo (soccer in the water), gymnastics, fencing, and track and field.

#68 tedward

tedward
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:50 AM

Exciting new hire at the the club. He did great things for the Harbourcats.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=k9am4WKsu2U

#69 tedward

tedward
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

"Simpson said the seating components for the 6,000-seat Westhills Stadium expansion are being shipped from Germany and that the stadium will be ready for game action before April 28.

“They will piece together like Lego,” said Simpson, who came out of Juan de Fuca to play pro soccer in Europe and earn 43 caps for Canada.

“We will be game-day ready for soccer. But the polish and beautification of the area around the stadium [which is planned to include several fan plazas] will probably not be completed until May or June.”"

- Former HarbourCats GM Brad Norris-Jones joins Pacific FC front office, Cleve Dheensaw / Times Colonist, FEBRUARY 1, 2019

Stew Young says the expansion of Westhills Stadium will be done on time and on budget. CFAX, 

• jonny likes this

#70 tedward

tedward
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:49 AM

Three more signings today:

Fisk’s career lands on Vancouver Island
Canadian international Ben Fisk has signed with Vancouver Island’s Pacific Football Club. The winger returns to B.C. following a trophy-winning season with Derry City FC of the League of Ireland Premier Division (LIPD).

Blasco’s pro career coming full circle with Pacific FC

Former FC Barcelona youth academy product and standout Whitecap Victor Blasco is returning to professional soccer with the Canadian Premier League’s Pacific FC, returning to the West Coast where he made a name for himself as a rising talent in the region.

‘It’s going to be a dream come true’: Hernandez rising to new level of career with Pacific FC

Pacific FC recently announced the signing of Canadian José Hernández. The 18-year-old signs his first professional contract with Pacific FC, achieving a lifelong dream of becoming a professional soccer player and taking another step in his soccer journey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.