BUILT
Belmont Residences East
Use: condo
Address: 940 Reunion Avenue
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Belmont Residences East is a planned five-storey, 85-home condominium residence situated along the Galloping G... (view full profile)
Learn more about Belmont Residences East on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] MyBelmont | Condos, multiple phases | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

It was the first to formally announce it and promote it earlier this year, with inventory to supply those who wish to take part in a rent-to-own program.

Bosa had never marketed or promoted their intentions when Ledcor did. We can slice this brick of cheese however we want but until Bosa provides inventory for their renters to own there is no program.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#62 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

I just find it interesting that a medium that promotes itself as Victoria's comprehensive source on development is going so far out of its way to try to argue that a program that does exist, doesn't actually exists because there's no local inventory at this very moment.

Is that really the most comprehensive source of information for consumers? But hey, your site, not mine, and I respect that and the ability you give me to say you're wrong from time to time. All good!

• sdwright.vic likes this

#63 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

I just find it interesting that a medium that promotes itself as Victoria's comprehensive source on development is going so far out of its way to try to argue that a program that does exist, doesn't actually exists because there's no local inventory at this very moment.

Not only does it not have inventory at this very moment, it doesn't appear to have any inventory in planning for occupancy 3-5 years from now.

If that changes, you can bet Citified will cover it. But as of right now I'm not sure if juxtaposing Ledcor's program with Bosa's program is going to be productive for Bosa.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#64 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

Totally get your opinion, Mike, and not meaning to dredge up an old argument. Just pointing out the factual error that this is not the "first on Vancouver Island to offer a rent-to-own program", as a program of that nature already exists at 1008 Pandora.

how about the "first to offer a rent-to-own program on this scale" locally?

it is true that ledcor announced the plan before bosa.  bosa only added the plan when they started getting ready to rent 1008.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 October 2019 - 11:22 AM.

#65 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:27 AM

Yep, I get that. I guess I'm more thinking from the perspective that this information, regardless of if there's inventory in Victoria, is still helpful to Victorians.

Say I'm a UVic or Camosun student, or even just a young professional here in Victoria, and I'm thinking "hey, I want to try to make it on the Lower Mainland in the next 2-5 years". Maybe that's where they are originally from, or they want to work for a company based over there, whatever. Well that's great, but they still need a place to live here in Victoria before they make that move. A program like Bosa Equity is outstanding for someone in that category, and there are lots of people in Victoria who are in that category. Sure Bosa doesn't have anything now or even in 5 years like you say in Victoria, but they have lots over there. So if I'm that person, and I see this information on Citified that says, "hey, check out this Bosa Equity program over at 1008 Pandora", well that's helpful information. Now I know I can rent in this building for the next few years and then when I move, I'm in a better position to buy over on the Lower Mainland. Even though Citified is a Victoria/Vancouver Island source, it still seems like this is what Citified is all about. Getting that info out to consumers so they are best informed when making decisions about home ownership or renting.

That's all I'm saying. Bosa Equity is just as valuable to Victorians, because who knows where those Victorians want to be in 5 years.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#66 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

nobody is hiding the bosa program i don't think.  

if bosa wants a citified feature article on their program they probably have to pay though.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 October 2019 - 11:37 AM.

#67 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:40 AM

I think you can appreciate the can of worms this could open.

"So, Bosa, what you're saying is this program is really only beneficial if I want to move to Vancouver?"

"No no, that's not what we're saying at all. We may have inventory locally."

"Yeah, but that article on Citified I read made it sound like the purpose of your program is to get us to buy in Vancouver?"

"No no, that's not it at all."

"But it sure sounded like that. Because those guys at Ledcor have local inventory I can buy. Why don't you?"

Anyways, we've dragged this out for too long. I'll be happy to cover Bosa's program when they have a story that will resonate with locals to the degree Ledcor's did.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#68 Banksy

Banksy
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:14 PM

As a buyer at the Wade I went in to learn about the units at 1008 and they talked about the program.

There is nothing wrong with their program but I can see why they are not promoting it like they would be if they had something to sell anywhere in Victoria. Real-estate is a game of image and sensitivity to the local market and they would get laughed out of town if they promoted renting in Victoria with a program to buy in Vancouver. I can see what shoeflack is saying but now is not the time to lump Bosa into a rent-to-own discussion.

#69 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:23 PM

Further complicating the Bosa program is the belief that they are behind Dockside Green. I've already had to correct several colleagues who didn't realize that Bosa Properties (1008 Pandora) is not Bosa Development (Empress; Dockside Green).

Back to Belmont, the first condominium will be completing next spring. I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of finishing at Crossing, I honestly was not expecting such exterior build quality.

Know it all.

#70 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:53 AM

With the second building's release this month, the developer is offering up to $500 in a moving allowance for new tenants during a busy and expensive time of the year for many. The move-in dates are also flexible with a hassle-free move-in option.

Newly launched rent-to-own Langford rentals offering Holiday moving allowances, tenant perks

https://victoria.cit...s-tenant-perks/

Know it all.

#71 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:48 AM

New-residents-at-West-Shore's-Crossing-at-Belmont-rentals-eligible-for-$250-to-$500-moving-allowances.jpg

New residents at West Shore's Crossing at Belmont rentals eligible for $250-to-$500 moving allowances

https://victoria.cit...ing-allowances/

Know it all.

#72 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

Belmont-Residences-East-1.jpg

An aerial depicting the #MyBelmont community on Victoria's West Shore at Jacklin and Kelly roads. At-centre, top, is Belmont Residences East, rendered into the image. The five-storey, 85-suite condominium will launch this spring as the second phase of ownership opportunities at the mixed-use project on lands formerly occupied by Belmont Secondary School.

Belmont-Residences-East-2.jpg

A rendering of Belmont Residences East, coming soon to Reunion Avenue adjacent to Langford's newly opened Thrifty Foods.

Citified profile: https://victoria.cit...esidences-east/

Registration/website: https://mybelmontliving.com/

The launch will include nearly half of all homes at pricing below $399,000.

New phase of affordable condominiums nearing launch at Langford's #MyBelmont community

https://victoria.cit...mont-community/

Know it all.

#73 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:59 PM

I was doing a walk-through with a client today and Kudos to Ledcor....the most electric car charging hook-ups I've ever seen in a condo parkade!

20200330_124652_resized.jpg

• Mike K. likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#74 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:47 PM

West Shore's Belmont Residences condominium sales go virtual during COVID-19 period's social distancing

https://victoria.cit...ial-distancing/

Know it all.

#75 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:15 AM

Halifax-based real-estate investment trust purchases duo of Langford rental buildings

https://victoria.cit...ntal-buildings/

Know it all.

#76 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:04 PM

A strong response to Belmont Residences East's initial sales release has lined up a second release launching this week. The project is comprised of 85-suites.

First-release-sell-out-spurs-Grand-Opening-condo-sales-event-at-Langford's-Belmont-Residences.jpg

First release sell-out spurs Grand Opening condo sales event at Langford's Belmont Residences

Know it all.

#77 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:07 AM

Belmont Residences East is now under construction as sales of the 85-suite project push past 50%.

This makes the Langford pre-sale offering the current fastest selling condominium on the West Shore.

Belmont-Residents-East.jpg

Langford's Belmont Residences East condominium gets underway as pre-sales surge past 50%

https://victoria.cit...-surge-past-50/

Know it all.

#78 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:18 AM

I wanted to like these (some of the suites have grassy yards) but the developer wasn't willing to customize the suite for me.  Maybe it was a structural change but it doesn't look like it from the floor plan, but I wanted the den to be a bit bigger.  5x9 is uselessly small.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#79 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 09 March 2021 - 08:19 AM

The 85-suite Belmont Residences East is now 90% sold-out.

mybelmont-three-years.jpg

An aerial view taken in February of the #MyBelmont community in the City of Langford. At-bottom is Belmont Residences West along Reunion Avenue, an 80-suite condominium building completed in 2020. At-centre are Crossing at Belmont 1 and 2, a duo of rental buildings with 156 apartments between them completed in 2019. To their right a construction crane stands over the site of Belmont Residences East, an 85-suite condominium offering now 90% sold-out. At-top, centre, is the newly opened Thrifty Foods grocery store that anchors #MyBelmont's commercial component, Belmont Market.

Langford's #MyBelmont community celebrating three years of construction; latest condo offering 90% sold-out

https://victoria.cit...ng-90-sold-out/

Know it all.

#80 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:50 AM

A new (third) phase of condos is coming soon to #MyBelmont in response to a surge in demand for West Shore condos.

There will also be a never-before-seen (on the Island) set of resident amenities, which the developer has not yet disclosed.

​“We all recognize that life during the pandemic made many of us yearn for socialization and community, and as a celebration of overcoming many challenges throughout the last 18 months, we plan to unveil an amenity offering for our residents that promises to be unlike anything else on Vancouver Island.”

94%-sold-out,-Langford's-MyBelmont-community-to-release-third-phase-of-condos-this-summer.jpg

A rendering of the upcoming third phase of condominiums at the #MyBelmont community on Victoria's West Shore. 80 homes are planned in an initial release, following a successful pre-sales campaign for the project's second phase known as Belmont Residences East.

94% sold-out, Langford's #MyBelmont community to release third phase of condos this summer

https://victoria.cit...os-this-summer/

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users