You know what...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,964 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

What an amazing community of people we’ve got on this forum.

Every morning I can’t wait to login and check the posts. You guys and gals crack me up every day, you make me think beyond my horizons and despite our differences we all come together on a daily basis to voice them.

How cool is that?
  • Nparker, rjag, sebberry and 14 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

Love the positive post, Mike.   Sometimes i'm saddened when the stuff on here gets a bit negative, or constantly so, which we can all see through. But there's also a Vibrant discussion about how one could make the city better.

At the end of the day, we're lucky to live in Victoria.

Thanks for what you do. :)

Edited by JanionGuy, 21 June 2018 - 07:40 PM.

• Sparky, Bingo and sdwright.vic like this

#3 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Yeah f*ck you too, bud! 

*Kev drops his cigarette and rides away in his BMX; he just misses an elderly pedestrian walking in the other direction*

• todd likes this

#4 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 4,052 posts
  • LocationGorge-Selkirk

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Good post Mike; I certainly don't hold the same views or opinions as everyone on the board but as long as the conversation remains civil and constructive particularly whenever a critique or a contrary view is offered up for example, its all good IMO. And in the process if you can learn something new - on whatever the subject - that's a bonus. Kudos to you and the mod team for allowing the members to express ourselves (within reason, lol) with a general minimum of fuss.

VV is actually a breath of fresh air insofar as discussion boards are concerned generally; I used to belong to and post regularly on one of the web's most active NHL /Montreal Canadiens' forums - been a fan of the team since I was 5 but I won't reveal what decade :) - and eventually got fed up with the incessant trash talking between Habs and Leafs fans particularly. It gets tedious, then frustrating and eventually you just become so disengaged you bail altogether. Never the case with VV. Job well done by you, Sparky and the rest of the gang....

Edited by AllseeingEye, 21 June 2018 - 08:18 PM.

• lanforod, johnk and todd like this

#5 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 876 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for building the platform that it all happens on, Mike!
  • Love the rock likes this

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,964 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:10 AM

This project is a group effort, 100%!

See, I’m up in the morning and the first thing on the list...
  • Mattjvd likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Nparker

Nparker
  • 23,799 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

VV is addictive...in a good way.

#8 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

Lovely start to the day, Mike. Even though I'm no longer a Victoria property-owner, I still very much enjoy visiting this board, daily. It's a pleasure to read intelligent banter and informative debate. There certainly aren't many boards out there like it, nor are there many moderators who would take the time to share their thankfulness with their community. Thanks to all of you VV'ers who inform and improve my days!

#9 marino

marino
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

My first post, and I'm saying: "Free VicHockeyFan"  

• RFS and Janion Fan like this

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:43 AM

Lol, welcome to VV!

• marino likes this

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users