Photo

Moving to Victoria - Ask Your Questions Here.

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

#21 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 10,451 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

I notice the "I am angel singer"

What is this gal's angle?

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,744 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Wow.

Got issues, do we?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

one hour ago

Its a start and it will keep the Vic Westies out ;) but others can advance down the Pat Bay Hwy. Or sneak in the back door via Nanaimo.
:P

#24 Nparker

Nparker
  • 23,132 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

I lifted this from Facebook. I don't know who made it:

My 4-storey condo building has become one of the strip of highrises. Thankfully I just missed "Crackheads Beware".

#25 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,880 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Apparently I am lumped in with the Trendy Hippies; as I was only 10 years old in 1970 and thus have only hazy remembrances of "hippes" of any stripe I will have to Google the concept in order to determine if this is a Good or Bad thing.....:D

#26 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

I like how "university kids" blends into "old, sick and dying". I guess that's the basement suite segment of the Venn diagram.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#27 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 10,451 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

Apparently I am lumped in with the Trendy Hippies; as I was only 10 years old in 1970 and thus have only hazy remembrances of "hippes" of any stripe I will have to Google the concept in order to determine if this is a Good or Bad thing.....:D

I was there on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in the summer of 1966.

It was far out. The experience did not have a lasting effect on me.

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,744 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

The "whores" should be in the "weird seudoindustrial downtown" section, not along the Gorge waterway, unless...

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 Barra

Barra
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

The map is weird, opinionated and dated. James Bay hasn't been referred to as "Gay Bay" for probably 20 yrs. I think it got that because at one time the JBI was a gay favorite bar.
Pieta VanDyke

#30 stormy

stormy
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

I notice the "I am angel singer"

What is this gal's angle?

Yeah I see her all the time. At first I thought it was her name and that she was waiting for someone to meet her for the first time. She was by Mayfair mall. Last time I saw her she was by Save on.

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,744 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

Edited.

Know it all.

#32 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

link no workie

#33 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,744 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

Oops. My bad.

Know it all.

#34 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

I was there on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in the summer of 1966.

It was far out. The experience did not have a lasting effect on me.

I remember you, Sparky! I'm the guy who offered you a toke.:D

#35 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 10,451 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

^ Hey Man...I thought that was you....thanks for the hit.

Have you seen Dave?..... He went out for a pack of smokes in 1971.......I haven't seen him since. :)

#36 Quimbly

Quimbly
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hello, We're a family with young kids who are moving to Colwood, BC in new year. We're trying to decide which school to send the children to. We will be living closest to Colwood Elementary, but other possibilities would be David Cameron, Wishart, Sangster, and maybe some others? If you have an opinion of the schools, please let me know which you think is best and why. Thank you!

#37 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 10,451 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria Quimbly.

#38 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

I'm not sure where you're moving from, but here most all schools are about the same, it's not like in the US where there's huge differences in funding/quality between schools. One school might have a principal with a good reputation, another might have an amazing grade 4 teacher, another might have a prettier library, but overall you'll be safe with any school. About the only reason to be fussy about elementary schools is if they are going into a french immersion program.

Just send your kid to the closest school, it lets them walk or bike to school on their own, which is arguably far more important for their development than the minor differences between schools.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#39 spanky123

spanky123
  • 11,414 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

If you are living closest to Colwood Elementary then that is where your child is expected to go. You have the option of requesting an alternative school, but that is based on availability and is not guaranteed.

#40 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Yeah, it's actually quite hard to send your kid to the wrong school, and rightfully so.

When I was little I lived right on the border of two catchment areas and managed to switch due to all my friends going to the "other school", but that was something my parents had to actually fight for, it was something that had to be reviewed and approved.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users