PROPOSED
979-983 Pandora Avenue
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 979-983 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 16
979-983 Pandora Avenue is a proposal to build a 16-storey mixed-use rental and ground floor retail tower in do... (view full profile)
Learn more about 979-983 Pandora Avenue on Citified.ca
Photo

[Harris Green] 979-983 Pandora Avenue | Rentals; retail | 16-storeys | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Nparker

Nparker
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

... In twenty years people won't even know the name of the building whereas twenty years ago it was seen as the one stop ghetto for the city. 

In 20 years View Towers will still look like soviet style housing...unless by some miracle it gets demolished. This Harris Green project need not take any cues from VT.

#62 LJ

LJ
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

Well on that first, that was built a long time ago. And I still kind of like View Towers, it is one building downtown. I find Tara Place much worse. If we keep building along the lines of the diversity we have been for the last ten years I think that Victoria can have one building like View Towers. In twenty years people won't even know the name of the building whereas twenty years ago it was seen as the one stop ghetto for the city. 

And if you want affordable housing this is what you get. Nobody is going to spend a ton of money designing something that is going to rented out at below market. Why would you?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#63 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 12,625 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:17 PM

^ Well that is hard to argue with. The place across from the arena is pretty nice but I don't think that it actually ended up being affordable. Though I thought this was a market rental not affordable housing??

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#64 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:30 PM

The thing is, if built, it would be the only new tower this bland. I can't think of another building built downtown in recent years that could beat it. 

This building looks a lot like the first two proposals for 1400 Quadra, IMHO. Will be interesting to see how the design changes once staff dig their teeth into it, since 1400 Quadra had a very dramatic design (d)evolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users