BUILT
Hudson House
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 1700 Blanshard Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 23
Hudson House is a 23-storey rental tower with a commercial component along the 1700-block of Blanshard Street ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson House on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown] Hudson House (Hudson Place 2) | Rentals; retail | 23-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#381 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:23 PM

Okay, maybe I was being overly optimistic with that.

#382 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:25 PM

You stood directly outside my home, but didn't stop in to say hi?

Dude, I tried everything I could think of to get your attention. You didn't hear me shouting incoherently and throwing things around?

#383 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:28 PM

I tried everything I could think of to get your attention. You didn't hear me shouting incoherently and throwing things around?

This reminds me of all the times I've showed up unexpectedly at the gates to Mike K.'s estate.

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

#384 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:31 PM

...You didn't hear me shouting incoherently and throwing things around?

You and several dozen others this afternoon alone.

Edited by Nparker, 05 December 2022 - 08:31 PM.

#385 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:40 PM

That's no excuse. We were taking turns in an orderly fashion.

#386 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:52 PM

This reminds me of all the times I've showed up unexpectedly at the gates to Mike K.'s estate.

Did you meet the dogs, at least?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#387 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:53 PM

Come on. Your dogs won't give a guy like me the time of day.

#388 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:54 PM

FYI: I get it that you have cash, but putting Rolex watches on your dobermans is over the top.

• lanforod likes this

#389 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 09:58 PM

You and several dozen others this afternoon alone.

'Tis is a most interesting and orally and visually stimulating area for sure. Thirty years ago give or take a month I lived with my cousin in your neighborhood, specifically in this place where he'd purchased a two level, 2bdrm. 2 bathroom corner unit for the munificent sum of $89k.

https://www.rew.ca/b...ace-victoria-bc

But I digress. The characters in that area were - and I presume remain to this day - numerous and mostly but not always entirely harmless. But they were never dull or boring that's for certain. Being but young tadpoles we would often sit on our condo rooftop deck swilling beer, watching the street proceedings unfold as intended by the Universe, while making up nicknames for some of the more, um, 'colorful' residents. These individuals included -

Stinky - if you got within twenty feet of him you knew why. If you encountered Stinky on the street you quickly learned to give him a wide berth; Wallpaper Man, so called because he would, regular as clockwork, steal wallpaper from the Cubbon Building supply outlet, usually on Fridays; Anti Gravity Boy, a result of his peculiar habit of trying to climb - always when higher than a kite - hand over hand, "backwards" up the supporting steel guy-wires on the street light standard poles. Generally amusing until the time he got about fifteen feet up and lost his grip while retrieving and trying to light up a joint he'd tucked into his back pocket. When I ran out to the street to see if he was ok he famously responded "Shurr, whaddya think....I landed on my head!".  And finally, by far the most visually objectionable, The Fashionista, a very odd middle-aged dude who's "thing" was to wear Archie Bunker 'wife-beater' sleeveless undershirts - usually badly stained by some unidentifiable substance - complimented by absurdly tight and far-too-small cycling shorts in any number of psychedelic colors, woollen socks and flip flops. It was not a look destined to make the trendy runways of Paris, New York or Milan fashion-houses.....

.....I do hope for your sake things have calmed down - and especially that the Fashionista has - please God - retired his act.

#390 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:06 PM

FYI: I get it that you have cash, but putting Rolex watches on your dobermans is over the top.

You didn’t get close enough to see they’re fakes.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#391 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 10:07 PM

I think the drug testing site helps keep things orderly on the block now.

#392 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:13 PM

...Thirty years ago give or take a month I lived with my cousin in your neighborhood, specifically in this place where he'd purchased a two level, 2bdrm. 2 bathroom corner unit for the munificent sum of $89k.
https://www.rew.ca/b...ace-victoria-bc
...I do hope for your sake things have calmed down..

You might say I have more than a passing acquaintance with the building of which you reminisce.

Sadly, where once the denizens of North Park were at worst quirky, they like much of the rest of the city, have morphed into something decidedly more sinister and foreboding.

#393 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:42 PM

You might say I have more than a passing acquaintance with the building of which you reminisce.

Sadly, where once the denizens of North Park were at worst quirky, they like much of the rest of the city, have morphed into something decidedly more sinister and foreboding.

That is truly too bad as 'quirky' definitely captures the essence of the time. The area was perfectly safe even at night and on weekends; this of course was years and years before the current debacle that is Pandora street today. Pandora in 1991 was just like any other arterial city street, and North Park itself was busy, occasionally noisy, always bustling and utterly non threatening in any sense. 

#394 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:32 AM

So we're saying Nparker is ASE's long lost cousin? I have to give the writers on VV their due credit for coming up with these unexpected twists and turns.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#395 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,293 posts

Posted 06 December 2022 - 10:42 AM

Wait until Tinto Rocks actually takes the stage. You’ll be surprised who some of the band members are.

#396 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 December 2022 - 12:44 PM

Paul Seal is the drummer. That's why we'll never get to see them on stage. Still on the lam.

• Matt R. likes this

#397 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 07 December 2022 - 09:52 AM

Thanks David Schell for the heads-up!

Vegan fast-food chain ‘Odd Burger’ secures downtown Victoria location

https://victoria.cit...toria-location/

Know it all.

#398 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 06:18 PM

The lights are on, but nobody's home.

HP2 night.jpg

#399 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 06:40 PM

Methinks it would make for a powerful political statement if this building were left unoccupied with all the lights on so it can serve as an enduring symbol of the housing crisis.

• Nparker and Barrrister like this

#400 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 06:44 PM

These days a large art installation that makes a powerful political statement would probably be a bargain at only ~$100+ million.

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users