Photo

City of Victoria | 2018-2022 | Mayor and council general discussion

• Please log in to reply
11779 replies to this topic

#721 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

...it diminishes the chances that the next person flying the TV banner gets elected.

One can hope.

#722 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

My mum forwarded an email to me today from contact@BenIsitt.ca. She has never corresponded with the councillor and her email is private. When plugging in BenIsitt.ca, you land on the City of Victoria's councillor profile here.

What's going on here? How would Isitt get her private email?

• rjag and pennymurphy2000 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#723 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

Item number 1 on Victoria Council's draft Strategic Plan.

Any word on the non-binding, community-opinion question: “Are you in favour of spending up to $250,000 for establishing a Citizens' Assembly to explore the costs, benefits, and disadvantages of the amalgamation between the District of Saanich and the City of Victoria?”

66.47% voted Yes

#724 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

My mum forwarded an email to me today from contact@BenIsitt.ca. She has never corresponded with the councillor and her email is private...

I received a similar email myself yesterday. In the past, I copied all council members on communications I had with the CoV. Comrade Ben apparently took this as permission that he can email me directly. I have informed him otherwise and directed him to remove me from any email distribution lists he uses.

#725 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

My mum forwarded an email to me today from contact@BenIsitt.ca. She has never corresponded with the councillor and her email is private. When plugging in BenIsitt.ca, you land on the City of Victoria's councillor profile here.

Your "mum"?  Mum?? did she "ring" you from her "flat"?  

• nagel likes this

#726 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:52 PM

The only thing that bothers a voter more than a politician that ignores them is a politician that contacts them.

• Linear Thinker and lanforod like this

#727 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,859 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

probably any number of ways. just have her hit "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the e-mail and all is good.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 January 2019 - 12:55 PM.

#728 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Did she ever email city hall? He steals them from there.
  • Nparker and jonny like this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#729 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:32 PM

I too received an email from Mr. Isitt yesterday, despite the fact that I emailed him the last time he did this and told him to remove me from his email list. I am not pleased to receive yet another spam email from him.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#730 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,474 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

Hmm, that I’m unsure of.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#731 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

I too received an email from Mr. Isitt yesterday, despite the fact that I emailed him the last time he did this and told him to remove me from his email list. I am not pleased to receive yet another spam email from him.

I've told him the same thing. I doubt he pays any attention to such messages. For his efforts I wished him a happy Sir John A. Day today.

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#732 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

I also sent him an email last year stating sending city hall an email was not permission to add me to his personal list. He stated I should not email then. I unsubscribed and have since been re-added as I also got today's email. I have unsubscribed again.

I don't think he understands it illegal to add people to list they have not opted into.
  • Nparker, jonny and pennymurphy2000 like this

#733 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Isitt is a public official. He cannot tell citizens not to communicate with him. What he fails to understand is that the same doesn't work in reverse. As private individuals we have a right to NOT have to hear from him at our private email addresses.

He is also an ***.

• rjag, sdwright.vic and pennymurphy2000 like this

#734 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

I got an email from him as well...straight into the delete folder

• pennymurphy2000 likes this

#735 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

My daughter got an email a couple of  months back.

By the way, in this house, of course it's mum, lol. None of that American mom stuff.

• Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

#736 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

I have reported him to the CRTC.

#737 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

Isitt and Loveday proposing that the Province grant Victoria (and other munis) the ability to create and assess a vacancy tax on residential property. To be discussed at the upcoming COTW meeting on Thursday.

https://pub-victoria...ocumentId=28984

#738 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,677 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

Isitt and Loveday proposing that the Province grant Victoria (and other munis) the ability to create and assess a vacancy tax on residential property...

These folks really don't understand where municipal powers should end and provincial and federal powers take over.

• Love the rock likes this

#739 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

These folks really don't understand where municipal powers should end and provincial and federal powers take over.

and this current council has no idea.. this will probably pass with flying colours.. all those evil people who dare own property and not want to take high risks being landlords.. and having their secondary property available to them for weekend get-aways or wintering/summer holidays in the south.. it's not like you can have a short term/fixed term rental anymore renting it out for 6-8 months your not around

Edited by Midnightly, 13 January 2019 - 07:19 PM.

#740 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:25 PM

If Saanich gets combined with the CoV, it would be interesting to see how the demographic changes, but Saanich will be pulled more towards these policies.

Obviously the Westshore will remain safe, but what other regions at risk?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users