#1341 rjag

rjag
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

bad link

https://www.victoria...oil_and_gas.pdf

I bet this was the Board as Holt wouldnt be happy writing this

Edited by rjag, 14 March 2019 - 02:06 PM.

#1342 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Oops, I left the "f" off pdf. Thanks, rjag.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1343 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:44 AM

I’m 9:30 into waiting to be connected to vicpds non emergency line.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1344 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:44 AM

10 minutes now.

Know it all.

#1345 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

11:30.

This is unbelievable.

Know it all.

#1346 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:47 AM

12:30. I’m hanging up at 14 minutes.

Know it all.

#1347 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:47 AM

Geoff Young: valiantly trying to be the voice of reason in a ****storm of madness at Victoria city hall.

There is a bias in the strategic plan to over-prescriptiveness and overspending and adopting too many actions,” Young said, noting that provisions in the plan make finding money for the police budget all the more difficult...“I’m particularly concerned with the great increase in staffing within city hall in terms of meeting environmental objectives...

https://www.timescol...sion-1.23664366

And of course dear Comrade Ben has no issue spending even more taxpayers' money, alleging somehow that city workers do not currently make a living wage.

...Coun. Ben Isitt defended the city’s plan to be certified as a living-wage employer. “I personally think poverty is unacceptable. So even if there is a financial impact to the city, I think it’s completely appropriate to start paying a living wage to our own employees and to contractors...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the inmates have truly taken over the asylum.

• jonny and tommy like this

#1348 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 46,525 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

And I’m out.

So much for that, hey?

Know it all.

#1349 jonny

jonny
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:56 AM

City of Victoria employees are maybe the highest paid bunch in the entirety of the CRD. They pay uneducated clerks like $65k. 

#1350 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:19 AM

The genius of Helps and Isitt is that they, like Trump, identified that there are a lot of voters who are not super-bright and who don't really have a grasp of local government's role and responsibilities nor of what it can really achieve. And they target that swath of the population with random bong-fuelled notions that anyone with any reasoning skills would see as inherently flawed. But they know it doesn't matter if their ideas make sense or not. If their base is enlivened and if their base has regular access to weed and avoid prolonged periods of thought, they'll keep right on voting for them. They might as well be wearing MAGA hats and going nuts at arena rallies. That's the level they're dealing at.

Very sad to see Young out there as the lone voice of sanity.
  • Nparker, Daveyboy, pennymurphy2000 and 1 other like this

#1351 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:27 AM

...They might as well be wearing MAGA hats and going nuts at arena rallies. That's the level they're dealing at....

The local version of the popular south-of-the-border headpiece will be the MVBA hat: Make Victoria Broke Again

• AndrewReeve and rmpeers like this

#1352 jonny

jonny
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:34 AM

City of Victoria employees are maybe the highest paid bunch in the entirety of the CRD. They pay uneducated clerks like $65k. 

The CoV has a Building Services Worker job posting (fancy title for a janitor) that pays $27.15 or approx $50k/year. 

Their Management positions routinely pay 15-25% more than my [large] employer. 

• Kungsberg likes this

#1353 spanky123

spanky123
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

Mayor Helps has issued a statement condemning the terrorist attack in NZ and stating that City Hall flags will be flown at half mast.

I have no issue showing solidarity with the victims and their families of such horrible crimes, but in the past 2 months alone there have been several terrorist attacks with just as many casualties in Columbia, the Philippines, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria and Nigeria and from what I can tell, the Mayor reacted to none of them.

Edited by spanky123, 15 March 2019 - 12:33 PM.

• Nparker, tedward, mbjj and 1 other like this

#1354 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

Did the CoV issue statements of condemnation after the mass shootings at the Sutherland Springs Baptist Church in Texas in 2017 or the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston in 2015? 

I ask this as an atheist who has no religious bias one way or another.

• spanky123 likes this

#1355 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

2016:

The Pride flag will be raised and then lowered to half-mast at Victoria city hall this morning to honour the victims of Saturday night’s mass shooting at an Orlando gay nightclub.

“It’s safe to say Victorians are collectively horrified and want to do something,” said Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps, after learning that a New York-born man who pledged allegiance to ISIS had gunned down 50 people about 2 a.m. EST at Pulse, a gay nightclub in the Florida resort town, during its Latin Night celebrations.

https://www.timescol...ctims-1.2276803

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 March 2019 - 12:51 PM.

#1356 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:26 PM

So what we're seeing is a selective choice of who gets honoured by the CoV when incidents of mass shootings occur.

#1357 rjag

rjag
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

NZ is a progressive govt I’m sure it has nothing to do with that however. I’ll check to see if she issued a statement about the synagogue shooting as well

nope no mention of any statement from CoV about the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooting

Edited by rjag, 15 March 2019 - 01:57 PM.

• spanky123 likes this

#1358 spanky123

spanky123
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:10 PM

27 January 2019. Muslim extremists attacked and killed/injured 124 Christians in the Jolo Cathedral bombings.  Not a word from Helps. 

IMHO Helps' selective condemnation of terrorist attacks / hate groups is no different then that of Trump.

Edited by spanky123, 15 March 2019 - 03:14 PM.

• SimonH likes this

#1359 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

...Helps' selective condemnation of terrorist attacks / hate groups is no different then that of Trump.

Much of what Lisa Helps says/does is really just a left wing version of Trump.

• sdwright.vic, SimonH and rmpeers like this

#1360 RFS

RFS
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

Mayor Helps has issued a statement condemning the terrorist attack in NZ and stating that City Hall flags will be flown at half mast.

I have no issue showing solidarity with the victims and their families of such horrible crimes, but in the past 2 months alone there have been several terrorist attacks with just as many casualties in Columbia, the Philippines, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria and Nigeria and from what I can tell, the Mayor reacted to none of them.

Why doesn't someone email her and pose this question. I'd be interested in seeing what a Lisa apologist like Rob Randall thinks about this blatant hypocrisy and selective outrage

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

G-Man