Photo

US Midterm Election - 2018

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#101 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

Anyone that isn't an idiot could see she was mocking Swisher. Maybe a poor choice of words considering the history of the phrase, but it is obvious she does not believe that in any way shape or form.

• Rob Randall, Greg, nerka and 1 other like this

#102 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,525 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

A reporter interviewing her before an audience misidentified Senator Corey Booker and AG Eric Holder, to which Clinton said "I know they all look alike," to which the interviewer immediately retorted in a serious tone, "no they don't." Clinton then smirks and the audience bursts out in laughter.

Stay classy, Clinton, stay classy.

So what? All old white men in Congress do look alike. That's an issue with not having some type if term limits on Congress as well.

You guys are straw manning a bit on this one. Looking for an issue where there ain't one.
  • Cassidy likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#103 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

That actually makes it worse, N E.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#104 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:44 AM

That actually makes it worse, N E.

You've got to be kidding.

#105 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

Oh no no, the whole point here is to see how you guys collectively react to the situation  :banana:

Nobody has said anything along the lines of "wow, that's not becoming of a former presidential hopeful. I'm not impressed."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#106 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

You've got to be kidding.

Nope. No jokes from me on this one.

Know it all.

#107 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

Oh no no, the whole point here is to see how you guys collectively react to the situation  :banana:

Nobody has said anything along the lines of "wow, that's not becoming of a former presidential hopeful. I'm not impressed."

"Maybe a poor choice of words considering the history of the phrase, but it is obvious she does not believe that in any way shape or form."

Close enough on such a lame straw man example.

#108 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

Just a couple of days ago she was held up as a possible 2020 presidential candidate......

As became apparent two years ago, she has no appeal to the centrist swing voters (who you need to win over in order to become President). 

She'll never be in consideration to run in the primary let alone the actual election.

#109 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

As became apparent two years ago, she has no appeal to the centrist swing voters (who you need to win over in order to become President). 

She'll never be in consideration to run in the primary let alone the actual election.

True.

Know it all.

#110 nerka

nerka
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

We'll see Jimmy Carter* in the Democratic primary before Hilary Clinton.

* and why not - 94 isn't really that old anymore :) , plus talk about the contrast with Trump

#111 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

I mean, she's still the Democratic Party sweetheart, unfortunately. The fact that they picked her over Bernie in 2016 was all I needed to see to realize how moronic those at Democratic HQ are.

Don't be surprised to see her on the primary again. Maybe they'll take Michael Moore's suggestion and run a non-politician to try to defeat another non-politician. Could be the best strategy of all knowing the country's love affair with Hollywood and celebrity.

#112 RFS

RFS
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:34 AM

So what? All old white men in Congress do look alike. That's an issue with not having some type if term limits on Congress as well.

You guys are straw manning a bit on this one. Looking for an issue where there ain't one.

Lol SD thinks Corey Booker and Eric Holder are old white men?  I don't think you understand

#113 RFS

RFS
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized.  Third Supreme Court appointment imminent  :1954_dancing:

#114 RFS

RFS
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:36 AM

Just a couple of days ago she was held up as a possible 2020 presidential candidate.

In fact the NYT published a story which included excerpts from the very interview where she made her off-hand 'joke' but there was nary a mention of the, um, uncomfortable faux pas. Can you imagine what would have happened if a failed Republican candidate had said the same thing? Cassidy would have seen his Google search spike to 361 results.

October 29th that nobody resurfaced: https://www.nytimes....-president.html

“Well, I’d like to be president,” she said, during the public taping at the 92nd Street Y of Ms. Swisher’s podcast. "The work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been at the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State Department, and it’s just going to be a lot of heavy lifting.”

Never going to happen.  It will be Pocahontas, Joe Biden, or Beto O'Rourke.  Mark my words

#115 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:39 AM

Never going to happen.  It will be Pocahontas, Joe Biden, or Beto O'Rourke.  Mark my words

I think Kimmel got it right about Beto O'Rourke. If you can't win against a guy like Cruz, then what hope do you have in the big show.

• LeoVictoria likes this

#116 RFS

RFS
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

I think Kimmel got it right about Beto O'Rourke. If you can't win against a guy like Cruz, then what hope do you have in the big show.

George HW Bush lost his first senate race to a guy that no one remembers 

• tedward likes this

#117 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,525 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

Lol SD thinks Corey Booker and Eric Holder are old white men? I don't think you understand

It was a joke about the "establishment"

Move along.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#118 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

George HW Bush lost his first senate race to a guy that no one remembers 

Oh... you mean the guy who was Vice President for two terms. He didn't just appear out of nowhere before he became President.

#119 RFS

RFS
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:55 AM

Oh... you mean the guy who was Vice President for two terms. He didn't just appear out of nowhere before he became President.

Yeah but I am saying before he was VP he lost a senate race just like Beto.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a Biden/Beto ticket.  Would honestly be the smartest thing the democrats could do. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they choose someone terrible again 

• LeoVictoria likes this

#120 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

"No PAC money" Beto's funding would be a concern should he run for pres. He'd have to walk back on one of the big things that make him palatable to a lot of folks.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users