Photo

US Midterm Election - 2018

• Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#121 RFS

RFS
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:13 AM

No chance of the US becoming a single-party Democrat-led country, with the Democrats incredible ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. But it would be nice if election results swung a little closer to actually reflecting the voters' intent. The disproportionate influence of rural voters, and states with a very small number of residents, gives the Republicans better results than the raw vote should. When the Democrats lose Florida (a larger more urban State) on top of that, things are completely skewed. With Florida as a blue state, and maybe Texas moving that way from demographics, results would come closer to reflecting voter intent.

Or to put it in terms of the current BC election discussion: with proportionate representation the Democrats would have complete control of Congress.

(Of course, for that matter, with FPTP Hillary would be President :) )

The democrats won't lose florida again after the felon voting bill, and once texas goes blue it is all over for republicans, forever.

There will never be another Republican president once Texas goes blue.  Ever.

#122 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

Scuse' me? What are you trying to say, exactly? That I walk around making racist jokes?

I was trying to say exactly that I am 100% sure you have never made an off colour, crass or "distasteful" joke or comment. I suppose you can extrapolate that into me accusing you of "walking around making racist jokes" if you so choose, but that's on you. 

I suppose you've never been to a comedy club. I trust you have never laughed at a Dave Chappelle joke or a Family Guy episode [heaven forbid]. 

Stay classy, Clinton, stay classy.

You sure are a sensitive fellow for a big, tough Republican. You've got one of the unclassiest people in North America as President and you're going on and on about a comment Hillary Goddam Clinton made on a bloody podcast, of all places. 

This is worthless, manufactured outrage at it's worst, Mike. 

• shoeflack likes this

#123 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 52,442 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:27 AM

The democrats won't lose florida again after the felon voting bill, and once texas goes blue it is all over for republicans, forever.

Do you honestly believe that?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#124 N E Body

N E Body
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Yeah but I am saying before he was VP he lost a senate race just like Beto.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a Biden/Beto ticket.  Would honestly be the smartest thing the democrats could do. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they choose someone terrible again 

Well, sure... if you meant running for VP... but, the original statement was about him running directly as the Democratic nominee for President.

#125 RFS

RFS
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:44 AM

Do you honestly believe that?

Demographics are destiny man.  The only thing that could postpone this is if Trump takes away electoral votes from certain sates.  That is what people miss entirely when they complain about what Trump means for the future of the Republican Party.  They have no future.  (edit to say, as far as presidential elections are concerned.  They will still win regionally)

Edited by RFS, 08 November 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#126 North Shore

North Shore
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

After the current disaster in the WH, and his craven, lickspittle enablers/excusers, they don’t deserve to see the backside of the pulpit for many years...
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#127 RFS

RFS
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:18 PM

After the current disaster in the WH, and his craven, lickspittle enablers/excusers, they don’t deserve to see the backside of the pulpit for many years...

Great, enjoy democrat hegemony and Brazil 2.0

#128 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 52,442 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:47 PM

Sen. Rubio via Twitter 2H ago:

#Florida law requires counties report early voting & vote-by-mail within 30 minutes after polls close. 43 hours after polls closed 2 Democrat strongholds #BrowardCounty & #PalmBeachCounty are still counting & refusing to disclose how many ballots they have left to count. #Sayfie

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#129 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:04 PM

Tight race for the AZ Senate seat vacated by Jeff Flake ®, current leader by only 2,000 votes is now Democrat Krysten Sinema. 

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#130 Greg

Greg
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:34 PM

The Senate may end up only +1 or +2 for the Republicans, depending on how Arizona and Florida end up. Meanwhile the House is now projecting to be around +37 for the Democrats. When you factor in the uphill battles against gerrymandered districts in some states (like North Carolina, where the vote is roughly even or slightly in favor of Democrats, but the seats end up being 10R-3D because of illegal districts), this is pretty close to a blue wave. Not a blue tsunami, but at least a surfable wave. :)

Edited by Greg, 08 November 2018 - 05:34 PM.

#131 LJ

LJ
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:22 PM

How about the MSM coverage of Tucker Carlson's house being mobbed by antifa with his wife and kids inside. What do mean you never heard about it?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#132 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

How about the MSM coverage of Tucker Carlson's house being mobbed by antifa with his wife and kids inside. What do mean you never heard about it?

Oh, you mean that story all the mainstream media covered and reported how terrible it was and then the mainstream reporters went on Twitter to say how upset they were it happened. 

BTW, if you've never heard of him, Carlson is a FOX opinion personality who says terrible things and is a bad person.

Any further questions?

• Greg and Cassidy like this

#133 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,525 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:35 PM

How about any idiot that says horrible and inflammatory crap getting mobbed?

Just cause his famous and made the news (because he us famous) we should be incensed?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#134 LJ

LJ
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

Oh, you mean that story all the mainstream media covered and reported how terrible it was and then the mainstream reporters went on Twitter to say how upset they were it happened. 

BTW, if you've never heard of him, Carlson is a FOX opinion personality who says terrible things and is a bad person.

Any further questions?

No I don't mean that at all. US MSM has provided no coverage at all. I watch three different newscasts every night, CBS, NBC and ABC, not one word has been uttered on the national newscasts or the local ones. I was in the gym today and the Fox station is always on there and that was the first I had heard of it.

#135 LJ

LJ
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

How about any idiot that says horrible and inflammatory crap getting mobbed?

Just cause his famous and made the news (because he us famous) we should be incensed?

So violence is your solution to people saying things you don't like. Good to know.

#136 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:35 PM

No I don't mean that at all. US MSM has provided no coverage at all. I watch three different newscasts every night, CBS, NBC and ABC, not one word has been uttered on the national newscasts or the local ones. I was in the gym today and the Fox station is always on there and that was the first I had heard of it.

FadH6yj.jpg

#137 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 52,442 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:55 AM

I think LJ means the news was not being televised to the degree you’d expect down in the US where he lives.

Know it all.

#138 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:58 AM

^A relatively minor story like that is not going to be an item on a 20 minute network news broadcast on a day where you had the fallout from mid-term elections including several recounts, a mass shooting in California, a CNN reporter being banned from the White House using a doctored video to justify the ban, the Attorney General fired, a new and troubling interim Attorney General replacing Sessions, widespread protests supporting Mueller and a Supreme Court justice seriously injured, all in one day. And that's just the US news. 

Edited by Rob Randall, 09 November 2018 - 05:59 AM.

• Greg, jonny, lanforod and 3 others like this

#139 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 6,525 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:58 AM

So violence is your solution to people saying things you don't like. Good to know.

Showing up and chanting in front of someone's house is hardly violence, but good to know you think it is.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#140 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,176 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:10 AM

Showing up and chanting in front of someone's house is hardly violence, but good to know you think it is.

Man, give us your address and we'll can see about dispatching a non-violent angry mob to your home and see you brush it off.  It's intimidation and bullying to descend on one's home in numbers.  Even a goof like Tucker Carlson.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users