Christmas Events In Greater Victoria

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#201 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,516 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:00 AM

Well, let’s hope for calm seas and no rain.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#202 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 01:16 PM

It's $35.  They need to justify the cost somehow, so they take you in the boat.

attachicon.gif screenshot-victoriaharbourferry.com-2022.11.16-11_47_49.png

https://victoriaharb.../harbourlights/

Exclusive to Victoria Harbour Ferry, our 45-minute narrated upper harbour voyage tells the story of a child’s Winter Dream with 3-dimensional projected animations and sound-reactive lighting installations. Our story inspires warm thoughts of the people we treasure, reminding us that this time of year is meant to be shared with those that we love.

The Ralmax Group of Companies, owners of Victoria Harbour Ferry, invite you to see Victoria from a different viewpoint – to look from the water to the land.

Our thanks to Limbic Media for their beautiful story-telling and light creations, and to PaintScaping for bringing their internationally acclaimed 3-D light mapping from Los Angeles to Victoria Harbour.

Do the stars shine a little brighter this time of year? We think so.
There is something about the long nights and cold weather that inspires us to find ways to come together. This tour is the perfect way to share the gift of time.

Important Information 
  • The audio and story narrative are heard only on the Harbour Ferry boats.
  • Please use caution when arriving as the docks may be slippery.
  • Although the boats are heated, please dress for the weather.
  • There are no washroom facilities on board.
  • Vessels are not wheelchair accessible, however, people with walking aids can be accommodated. If you are not able to board on your own, you must have an attendant who can help you.
  • The ferry boats carry 12 passengers. The Lynda Mae, which sails on the hour, carries 35 passengers.
  • Questions? Please call us at (250) 708-0201 or info@victoriaharbourferry.com.
Tickets + Departure
  • Tickets must be booked ahead either online or by phone.
  • Sailing times are available when booking your tour.
  • Tours depart from the Empress Dock on the Inner Harbour Causeway (across from Empress Hotel).

At least someone is trying something new so credit for that; but I think we'll do our usual family Butchart Gardens Christmas visit for $34/adult :)

• Mike K. likes this

#203 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,961 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 01:17 PM

Oh for sure.

I don’t begrudge the $35 at all. Not one bit.

They need to add some value over just watching it from shore. To cover the expense.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 November 2022 - 01:19 PM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#204 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 01:20 PM

...I think we'll do our usual family Butchart Gardens Christmas visit for $34/adult :)

The only time I like (a little) snow is at the BG over Christmas. Makes it magical.

#205 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 01:23 PM

Oh for sure.

I don’t begrudge the $35 at all. Not one bit.

They need to add some value over just watching it from shore. To cover the expense.

Agree at least they're thinking outside the box trying to come up with something new. Depending on the weather hopefully they'll have hot chocolate or something else warm aboard to drink. B-G is first priority as its become 'tradition' for us but if my girls really want to try this we'll give this a whirl too. 

• Nparker likes this

#206 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 02:15 PM

Since the topic has been broached anyone else got their tree and outside lights up yet? :).

In our case when your kid volunteers (actually "pesters" is a better metaphor) to come over to drag all of the above out from the crawl space, then help put up both the tree (and decorate it) and then spend 3 hours outside taking the lead putting up the outside lights I don't question or discourage it!

Besides it means I can slide comfortably into the holiday without going all Clark Griswold at the last minute. My biggest task was dragging out the extension cords and testing a few light strings on Sunday, then figuring out what positions Peppa Pig, Rudolph, Santa, Frosty and the minion inflatables should assume on the front lawn....

#207 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 November 2022 - 02:19 PM

Since the topic has been broached anyone else got their tree and outside lights up yet? :).

In our case when your kid volunteers (actually "pesters" is a better metaphor) to come over to drag all of the above out from the crawl space, then help put up both the tree (and decorate it) and then spend 3 hours outside taking the lead putting up the outside lights I don't question or discourage it!

Besides it means I can slide comfortably into the holiday without going all Clark Griswold at the last minute. My biggest task was dragging out the extension cords and testing a few light strings on Sunday, then figuring out what positions Peppa Pig, Rudolph, Santa, Frosty and the minion inflatables should assume on the front lawn....

I hope you kept it PG.

#208 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,598 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 03:10 PM

I hope you kept it PG.

Only problem is we were one peg short on Santa so he keeps tilting over sideways....that's what I tell people anyway, personally I think he has a drinking problem.

#209 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:23 PM

I spent the day pitting together the Christmas village which has really expanded over the last ten years. (need to stop shopping at garage sales) Such fun. 

Lights up in the next few days.

• Nparker and AllseeingEye like this

#210 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 05:33 PM

I helped a friend put up one of his trees yesterday.

#211 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:11 PM

I helped a friend put up one of his trees yesterday.

My trees keep growing taller and I keep getting older.  Still going to get those lights up even if it kills me... :P

#212 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 05:36 AM

Santa Claus Parade today in downtown Victoria, starts at Belleville and Government at 5 p.m.

Some downtown streets will be closed today as the 40th Santa Claus Parade kicks off the holiday season.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 November 2022 - 05:38 AM.

#213 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 10:25 PM

0567077A-30EB-4774-B190-03654B01338D.jpeg
  • Nparker likes this

#214 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 26 November 2022 - 11:21 PM

Where in the breakwater "district" will the parade start?

#215 FawltyVic

FawltyVic
  • 396 posts
  • LocationGreater Victoria

Posted 27 November 2022 - 02:07 AM

Where in the breakwater "district" will the parade start?

According to the map on their official website, looks like it starts between Ogden Point Terminal Pier B and A.

They'll probably funnel out from the parking there.

#216 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:49 PM

Truck Parade
00BD63DC-BCC7-405B-8436-C0C1F1B74B5A.jpeg

#217 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:12 PM

My favourite part of this parade: the anti-car folks haven't been able to bring about its demise (yet)

Edited by Nparker, 03 December 2022 - 08:13 PM.

• sebberry likes this

#218 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:17 PM

I liked the float with the lighthouse on it. Because I like things that flash

#219 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,961 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 08:18 PM

That's a quality photo.

Here's one I took tonight:

1459152086-00a0e72f251d1dcd87fc592102ec92df2c7e5f6c4f9ab7a4778072398e062e68-d_640x360.jpg

With similar detail.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 December 2022 - 08:19 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#220 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 09:39 PM

Well I had been drinking. Parade took longer than I thought to arrive

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users