BC's Sergeant-at-Arms and Clerk of the Legislative Assembly placed on leave

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#361 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Burnside-Gorge

• 5,948 posts

Posted Today, 02:16 PM

I know at the federal level you have to use a government computer if you work from home, and that computer is specifically configured to be able to log into networks. If your are away to long you are logged out and have to log back in.

So I agree with TJV- if claiming to work from home there is a record of doing such and for how long.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#362 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 8,854 posts

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

I know at the federal level you have to use a government computer if you work from home, and that computer is specifically configured to be able to log into networks. If your are away to long you are logged out and have to log back in.

So I agree with TJV- if claiming to work from home there is a record of doing such and for how long.

Tut tut! Again you speak of the rules applied to the common plebians!

• jonny, sdwright.vic and todd like this

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#363 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,361 posts

Posted Today, 03:45 PM

Meanwhile at the government surplus store...

jewelry.jpg

• Rob Randall, rjag, Cassidy and 1 other like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#364 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 8,854 posts

Posted Today, 05:09 PM

^Reminded me of this poor guy in '60s China who was tied up in a packed stadium and sent for a month at the re-education camp and accused of being a hoarder of riches just for possessing an extra watch and a couple of pieces of cheap jewelry. And he got off lucky.

We'll have to wait and see what happens to our boys and whether actual criminal charges are ever filed. I'm not optimistic any substantial punishment will be meted out.

Edited by Rob Randall, Today, 05:11 PM.

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#365 Nparker

Nparker
  • 21,219 posts

Posted Today, 05:38 PM

Punishment will depend on how much dirt James & Lenz have on anyone else of power/position.

• Cassidy likes this

#366 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 3,506 posts
  • LocationGorge

Posted Today, 06:29 PM

Meh...I'll withhold my outrage - not to mention any temptation to pad my VV post total - until such time as they are actually found, you know.....guilty of something. 

So while I completely concur the optics for Mssrs Craig and Lenz look none too good, remember that unlike Soviet Russia or China or North Korea, we actually do live by the rule of law, i.e. when accused of something you are innocent until proven guilty by the state, and not the other way around....

What I see and read so far are allegations and accusations. They may well ultimately be guilty as hell but it'll be interesting to hear their side of the story - and it seems to me they are rarin' to go to tell it which is certainly their right before they're shot at dawn. If they in fact did commit all these offences it seems unusual to me that that would be the case. In that event, if nothing else, they must surely both have the biggest bras b****s ever. And, interestingly, at least how I read it, this episode sure looks like a concerted effort by Plecas to portray himself in an *awfully* moral, just, and 'stand up law-abiding kind of guy' light. Hm....

So if and when the RCMP determine actual real crime(s) were committed, and if and when they recommend charges be laid, and above all and especially if and when the two gentlemen in question are actually found guilty as charged by a judge and/or jury, then I'll hop onto the hang 'em high bandwagon; in the meantime and not before, I'll reserve judgement and hang out on the Fishing forum :)

Edited by AllseeingEye, Today, 06:55 PM.

#367 Redd42

Redd42
  • 331 posts

Posted Today, 06:32 PM

Plecas speaks to media today at event in Abbotsford:

https://www.oakbayne...re-employees-2/

#368 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • 1,910 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted Today, 06:52 PM

... suspended with pay BTW, which makes one wonder just how long these two will continue to feed at the public trough?

15 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

LJ, phx, spanky123, Cassidy, Rob Randall, VIResident, A Girl is No one

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.