US 2020 Election

• Please log in to reply
994 replies to this topic

#41 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:22 AM

Oh, Mueller just got creative. He said "that's the way we have it in the report."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#42 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

"Accurate."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

"It's in the report, I support it as being in the report."

Know it all.

#44 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:23 AM

"Correct."

Know it all.

#45 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

"I believe that's the accurate take."

Know it all.

#46 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Lol

Know it all.

#47 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

What the heck sort of waste of time was that. Literally reading passages and asking if they're correct.

Know it all.

#48 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

Mueller is getting visibly frustrated by the lame questioning and repeated interruptions when he begins to address questions.

Know it all.

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

Again, he was cut off by Cline, visibly frustrated by not being allowed to answer.

Know it all.

#50 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

Interrupted again.

"I have very limited time," Cline says.

So is this about your questions, Cline, or Mueller's answers?

Know it all.

#51 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:33 AM

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 8.33.07 AM.png

• Wayne likes this

Know it all.

#52 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:35 AM

"I'm sorry, what was the question?"

Know it all.

#53 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:36 AM

Oooh, Steube is getting angry that Mueller won't respond to his questions.

"And I'm not going to answer that question," Mueller says when Steube pushes him on not answering questions, and asking a subsequent question, to which Mueller says:

M: "Well, as I said at the outset, that's one of the investigations I could not speak to."

S: "How's that not within your purview to tell us?"

M: "I have nothing to add."

S: "You're unwilling to answer the questions of the American people. You're refusing to answer those questions."

M: silence.

Know it all.

#54 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:40 AM

Mueller cut off Garcia before she asked questions related to Roger Stone. In a subsequent question he cut Garcia off again, stating:

"I feel uncomfortable discussing anything to do with the Roger Stone prosecution."

Know it all.

#55 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:40 AM

"You're asking for me to speculate."

Know it all.

#56 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:46 AM

Any intelligent person can parse what's going on Mike ... we don't need your endless and highly opinionated interpretation of what's going on.

I see a very intelligent and balanced back and forth between Mueller, Democrats, and Republicans ... and I also see Mueller refusing to stray from what he already made clear to Congress leading up to the hearing, which was that there are large swaths that he's prevented from speaking about either for legal reasons, or at the direction of the White House.

Nobody posting to this forum is even close to Mueller in terms of integrity, honesty, and capability.

That's an important point to remember when trying to paint oneself as the sole interpreter of what's currently going on in this Congressional hearing.

• tedward likes this

#57 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:47 AM

Where's that pie?

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#58 RFS

RFS
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:48 AM

Mueller was clear he didn't want to testify and he isn't straying from his lane in his testimony.

The big takeaway so far is that Trump was definitely not exonerated and that enough evidence shows he could be prosecuted for obstruction of justice once he leaves office and is unprotected by the OPC memo.

As was explained by some republicans this morning when questioning Mueller, when sufficient evidence of guilt is not found, then a person is presumed innocent and therefore exonerated. Mueller was asked to cite another example where an innocent person was not exonerated and couldn't name one. He meekly said yeah but this is different.

#59 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,042 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

Any intelligent person can parse what's going on Mike ... we don't need your endless and highly opinionated interpretation of what's going on.

I see a very intelligent and balanced back and forth between Mueller, Democrats, and Republicans ... and I also see Mueller refusing to stray from what he already made clear to Congress leading up to the hearing, which was that there are large swaths that he's prevented from speaking about either for legal reasons, or at the direction of the White House.

You call reading passages from the report and asking if they're correct an "intelligent and balanced back and forth?"

This hearing is a disaster.

Know it all.

#60 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:52 AM

Stop Mike ... please.

It's not anything close to a disaster, but more importantly nobody here needs you telling them "what it is" ... you short all your readers by implying that we need you to interpret anything currently going on with this hearing.

• Rob Randall and tedward like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

rmpeers