Photo

US 2020 Election

• Please log in to reply
1103 replies to this topic

#661 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

well some think that Hillary could still step in and win the nomination.

#662 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,118 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:09 PM

Yes. And I don’t doubt that that’s the plan. None of the current candidates are electable and they know it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#663 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,261 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

Neither is she

#664 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,118 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:21 PM

Oh but the ratings if she ran!

Can you imagine the skits the sock would come up with?
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#665 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

Trump will WIN election 2020: Moody’s election model forecasts 'easy' win for Donald Trump

DONALD TRUMP is tipped for an “easy” win in the incoming 2020 elections according to a poll from Moody’s accurate election model.

https://www.express....-model-forecast

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 October 2019 - 09:22 AM.

#666 Greg

Greg
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

Trump will WIN election 2020: Moody’s election model forecasts 'easy' win for Donald Trump

DONALD TRUMP is tipped for an “easy” win in the incoming 2020 elections according to a poll from Moody’s accurate election model.

https://www.express....-model-forecast

E. V. Debs received almost a million votes for President in 1920 while he was in jail, so I suppose anything is possible.

#667 tommy

tommy
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:57 PM

E. V. Debs received almost a million votes for President in 1920 while he was in jail, so I suppose anything is possible.

...i guess if a felon in Florida can vote...he can run for president...even under house arrest in Mar-a-Lago...

Judge rules Florida can’t block felons from voting, even if they have unpaid fines

https://www.washingt...84aa_story.html

Edited by tommy, 20 October 2019 - 09:03 PM.

#668 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:52 AM

well in Canada not only do felons vote but felons in jail can vote.

#669 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:54 PM

this is unfortunate.

CNN Uncovers Evidence Hero Dog Sniffed Dozens Of Butts Back In College

article-5036-2.jpg

https://babylonbee.c...g-sniffed-butts

Everyone praised the classified "Hero Dog" for taking down ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Everyone, that is, except CNN, who quickly searched through the dog's internet history and college yearbooks. Sure enough, CNN found a picture of the Hero Dog partying at obedience school. In the picture, the dog is seen sniffing a butt without consent.

"Oh yeah, good old [redacted]? He was nuts!" said one German Shepherd who attended Old Yaler Obedience School with the hero dog, according to a CNN report. "He was always sniffing any butt he could find. Cats, dogs, humans, you name it. He didn't have a preference. He identified as pansniffual."

Democrats immediately called for the dog to be court-martialed and for the death of Baghdadi to be overturned.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 October 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#670 m3m

m3m
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:16 AM

I found it quite funny that the fans at game 5 of the world series booed trump horribly when he appeared on the big screen. How was this not 100% expected? https://www.foxnews....ell-lock-him-up.  Sports fan are always hilariously brutal. 

It made me notice that Trump is rarely seen in public outside of controlled rallies and press briefings.  Seems to be a noticeable change from past presidents - especially presidents campaigning for re-election. You'd expect an incumbent to be seen eating a corndog at the Nebraska State Fair, glad-handing at local coffee shops, kissing babies at the farmers market.  I doubt Trump will make these sort of public campaign appearances once the 2020 campaign gets into full gear. Only controlled rallies and events where he can be certain of a pro-trump crowd. 

• Rob Randall and grantpalin like this

#671 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 51,118 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:43 AM

It made me notice that Trump is rarely seen in public outside of controlled rallies and press briefings.  Seems to be a noticeable change from past presidents - especially presidents campaigning for re-election. You'd expect an incumbent to be seen eating a corndog at the Nebraska State Fair, glad-handing at local coffee shops, kissing babies at the farmers market.  I doubt Trump will make these sort of public campaign appearances once the 2020 campaign gets into full gear. Only controlled rallies and events where he can be certain of a pro-trump crowd. 

I wouldn't put too much thought into that. None of those things ultimately matter come voting day, so I doubt he wants to waste his time eating corndogs.

Know it all.

#672 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:53 AM

Trump does insulate himself from people or events he dislikes. He has virtually abandoned the traditional press conference, preferring the informal press gaggle in front of Marine One. The din of the helicopter blades in the background allow him to listen selectively to questions and leave at any time. As a veteran performer he appreciates the theatricality and sense of urgency the helicopter in the background makes.

But as the evidence for impeachment piles up this week it will take more than theatricality to save him. Trump doesn't even seem interested in mounting a strong defence--it's mostly nit-picking procedural complaints and the usual FOX News whining. 

It's a very sad situation. Nobody wins with an impeachment. 

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#673 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 1,804 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:35 PM

It's the American system of democracy and government that wins with the impeachment. Trump is so venal, and his actions are so illegal, that his removal is demanded by the US Constitution. Either you hold that as your guiding principle, or you are willing to let one man ride roughshod over all the laws for his own benefit. If impeachment is successful, it may be looked at as how the system worked; protected itself against its own destruction. 

• tedward and Greg like this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#674 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:47 PM

^Well, yes, the system itself wins. People's reputations, not so much.

But it is remarkable to think about the process unfolding exactly as the founders envisaged (feared?) it would over 200 years ago.

As for the latest Dem polling, Sanders, Biden and Warren continue to battle for top spot, Buttigeig is fourth at 10% and the rest are at 5% or below so more or less what it's been all summer.

#675 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:36 PM

I found it quite funny that the fans at game 5 of the world series booed trump horribly when he appeared on the big screen. How was this not 100% expected? https://www.foxnews....ell-lock-him-up.  Sports fan are always hilariously brutal. 

i think security issues prevent most of that.  for obama or clinton or the bushes too.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 29 October 2019 - 02:37 PM.

#676 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:38 PM

Trump does insulate himself from people or events he dislikes. He has virtually abandoned the traditional press conference, preferring the informal press gaggle in front of Marine One. The din of the helicopter blades in the background allow him to listen selectively to questions and leave at any time. As a veteran performer he appreciates the theatricality and sense of urgency the helicopter in the background makes.

nobody wants a tan suit fiasco.

#677 RFS

RFS
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Trump doesn't have the luxury of improptu public appearances due to the frothing vitriol against him by unhinged leftists. Some antifa freakshow would try to kill him.

#678 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

America is still recovering from the damage caused by the Tan Suit Fiasco.

i think security issues prevent most of that.  for obama or clinton or the bushes too.

Nixon famously met dazed protesters in the pre-dawn hours shortly after Kent State.

A famous photograph captures the next scene: Nixon in suit and tie, the ski-nose profile tilted slightly forward, a handful of sleepy-eyed demonstrators listening in shock and dull amazement, maybe wondering what drug could have produced such an apparition, as the President reprised his press-conference triumph for an early-morning audience who, stranded on the Mall, hadn’t watched a moment of it.

“I said I was sorry they had missed it because I had tried to explain in the press conference that my goals in Vietnam were the same as theirs—to stop the killing, to end the war, to bring peace…There seemed to be no—they did not respond. I hoped that their hatred of the war, which I could well understand, would not turn into a bitter hatred of our whole system, our country, and everything that it stood for. I said, ‘I know you, that probably most of you think I’m an SOB. But I want you to know that I understand just how you feel.’ ”

The Secret Service can provide safety for just about any situation the President decides to place himself in. 

Trump dislikes mingling in public. He's a notorious germophobe of course, but more importantly he's genuinely disinterested in the lives of common people. He sees other people merely as potential resources to consume.

• rmpeers likes this

#679 Greg

Greg
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:32 PM

Pretty much every President ever has thrown out a first pitch in the World Series. And certainly would if it was in D.C.  This is simply a case of Trump only appearing in controlled situations like his rallies, because his fragile brand of narcissism requires that he be insulated from the real world as much as possible.

#680 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 6,699 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:57 AM

if your measure of a president is if he will throw out a first pitch then that’s fine for you I guess.

I think his meetings and summits at the white house that go mostly unreported are far more important to the American people they help.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users