Photo

Access to selling prices?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:25 PM

So after a hiatus of a couple of years, I am looking at buying real estate again.

Is there any way to get access to what a property sold for without having a realtor? Plan on working with a realtor when I get to the point of actually buying. But still in the exploratory stage. Just not ready to commit to a realtor at the moment as my last experience was not good - they did not get at all what I was looking for and kept sending me inappropriate listings. 

#2 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:21 AM

So after a hiatus of a couple of years, I am looking at buying real estate again.

Is there any way to get access to what a property sold for without having a realtor? Plan on working with a realtor when I get to the point of actually buying. But still in the exploratory stage. Just not ready to commit to a realtor at the moment as my last experience was not good - they did not get at all what I was looking for and kept sending me inappropriate listings. 

A recent sale (for when you see a sold sign go up) or for sales history going back years?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#3 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

A recent sale (for when you see a sold sign go up) or for sales history going back years?

Recent sales. Trying to get an idea of current values for what I'm looking for. Went to an OH 2 weeks ago. Price had already been reduced. No longer on the market so assume it sold. Curious what the sale price was.

#4 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

^ I'm not sure you can get that figure for something that recent, unless someone involved were able to tell you. Not until after closing, a Realtor should be able to get it then once MLS is updated.

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,161 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

A realtor can set you up with an MLS account that will reveal the sold price immediately upon lifting conditions and the deal going through. The price will display as "pending."

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,161 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

How long does it take for a sale price to be reflected on BC Assessment? They display sales within three years.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#7 Donovan

Donovan
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

Realtors are allowed to make sales data public now but I don't know if anyone is doing that here. There was a recent decision of the Federal Court of Appeal involving the Toronto Real Estate Board unsuccessfully trying to overturn a competition tribunal decision that allowed the publication by agents.  

#8 DavidL

DavidL
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

Realtors are allowed to make sales data public now but I don't know if anyone is doing that here. There was a recent decision of the Federal Court of Appeal involving the Toronto Real Estate Board unsuccessfully trying to overturn a competition tribunal decision that allowed the publication by agents.  

You're half right.  The case revolved around TREB not allowing Realtors to provide sold pricing to their clients through virtual office websites, or VOWs.  It was not about simply publishing sales data publicly, but rather TREB had a rule in place that didn't allow its members to provide that information through their password protected websites.  Now they can. In BC that restriction has never been in place. 

• Redd42 likes this

#9 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:42 PM

my favourite realtor set me up with this

and a click on the info tab shows this

Attached Images

• real1.JPG
  • real2.JPG

• Matt R. likes this

#10 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the reply.

However my original question stated "without a realtor". 

Getting closer to the point of working with one but not there yet.

#11 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

We had a realtor we used for our first house set us up on this system, and he’s been updating it for us on request ever since, even though we don’t do business together anymore. Just find one you know and ask them.

Matt.

#12 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,298 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:22 AM

Hey Marko, do you have a tool available to you (on your Realtor back end) that you can quickly look at each day and see which Realtors have new listings today?  All on one page, not poking through individual listings. 

And is there also a tool that might show how many listings each Realtor has this month or year, cumulative?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 January 2022 - 09:24 AM.

#13 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:55 PM

It is a pain to do and back looking but assessment list indicates price of property if it has sold in the last 3 years.. Available without a

realtor.

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,161 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:00 PM

Typically only available for residential transactions that do not involve a share sale. But I don't know if realtors would have access to share sale details, either.

Know it all.

#15 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,298 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:05 PM

I’m actually interested in the Realtor stats. Not the properties.

#16 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 January 2022 - 01:50 PM

Hey Marko, do you have a tool available to you (on your Realtor back end) that you can quickly look at each day and see which Realtors have new listings today?  All on one page, not poking through individual listings. 

And is there also a tool that might show how many listings each Realtor has this month or year, cumulative?

On the back end I can look but individual realtors and see what they have listed, or I can see a feed to all new listings and see respectively who has them listed. 

I can see every single MLS transaction for every single realtor since 1989 including cancelled or expired listings. 

This is not available to the public.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#17 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 03:13 PM

How do transaction prices and their submission to the BC assessment website work? A few times I've seen houses sell, and they don't appear on BC assessment. Once I even paid the $10 or whatever to LTSA to confirm it had a new owner.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#18 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,161 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 07:34 PM

Corporation-owned home, sold as a corporation to the new owner, perhaps?

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#19 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:04 AM

Corporation-owned home, sold as a corporation to the new owner, perhaps?

Not in this case. Just a house for sale, owned by 2 individuals, realtor posts it's sold, never see a price, I pay LTSA and it has new owners on title.
  • Mike K. likes this

#20 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:32 AM

Usually on the title document there is a “declared value”. In most cases that is the sales price. You can also check on the bc assessment e value webpage which will show the sales for the last 3 years.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users