Photo

City of Victoria | 2020 by-election

• Please log in to reply
2544 replies to this topic

#1761 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 05:11 PM

Oh wow, she actually played that card: how dare you accuse me--a woman--of being a puppet of a man.

That's not the angle Andrew was coming from at all. He was pretty straightforward, you're aligned ideologically with Isitt/Loveday, are you truly independent.

I think TV has demonstrated there is no low to which they won't stoop.
  • Nparker and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

#1762 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

One of the 11 candidates in Victoria’s council byelection is ending his campaign and endorsing an opponent.

Jason Heit withdrew too late to remove his name from the ballot, but he is calling on voters to support fellow candidate Stephen Andrew.

https://www.timescol...nent-1.24245659

• Nparker likes this

#1763 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,852 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

whoops

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 November 2020 - 06:28 PM.

#1764 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:50 PM

Sorry Stephen, I hope I am wrong.

I stumbled across your interview with Duncan Morrison again recently (the one where he was tugging on your microphone)
My favourite clip of all time.

I am rooting for you and will vote for you (as a non-resident property owner)

That clip played at the international Edward R. Murrow Awards in NYC in front of the likes of Steve Croft, David Muir, Scott Pelley etc. The banquet hall burst into laughter.
  • Matt R. likes this

#1765 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:56 PM

What a small world. Steven Andrew and Chamber head Bruce Williams are former CTV colleagues.

FYI, Bruce and I were not particularly close at CTV. He was management and hellish busy. Since leaving television, we have became better aquatinted. Quite interesting chap.

Edited by Stephen Andrew, 25 November 2020 - 06:57 PM.

#1766 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:00 PM

Oh wow, she actually played that card: how dare you accuse me--a woman--of being a puppet of a man.

That's not the angle Andrew was coming from at all. He was pretty straightforward, you're aligned ideologically with Isitt/Loveday, are you truly independent.

I highly suspect that line was written WEEKS ago. Lol
  • Rob Randall and A Girl is No one like this

#1767 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

One of the 11 candidates in Victoria’s council byelection is ending his campaign and endorsing an opponent.

Jason Heit withdrew too late to remove his name from the ballot, but he is calling on voters to support fellow candidate Stephen Andrew.

https://www.timescol...nent-1.24245659

I am honoured to receive Jason Heit’s support snd encourage all his supported to reach out. Thank you Jadon
  • Kapten Kapsell, Nparker and Awaiting Juno like this

#1768 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:10 PM

That's dirty politics plain and simple. I don't care if your name is Trump or Hardman or where you are on the political spectrum, when I see dirty tricks I call them out. 

Hardman and TV are continually trying to hang the misogynist label on Andrew, simply because they saw how effective it was when Hammond get similarly slimed. 

Any time Hardman gets a question she doesn't like she complains about the challenges women face and tries to change the subject.

Make no mistake: there is misogyny, injustice and exploitation of privilege in politics. But the way to fight it is with clear, common-sense, political courage, the kind exhibited by former councillors Helen Hughes and the late, great Bea Holland.

• Nparker, rjag, sebberry and 6 others like this

#1769 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:19 PM

^And intelligent thoughtful answers.

• Stephen Andrew likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1770 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:11 PM

Today my mom received a random stranger's mail-in vote ballot for the by-election. Different street, a name 180-degrees off from hers. And yet, there it was, the sole piece of mail to arrive today.

I happened to have been in town and took the ballot to its rightful address, and placed it into the mailbox, half-hoping her mail-in ballot would be in there. Nope. No mail in there whatsoever.

100%, totally reliable, they say. That's a crock.

• rmpeers and TwilightZoneVictoria like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1771 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:36 PM

Today my mom received a random stranger's mail-in vote ballot for the by-election. Different street, a name 180-degrees off from hers. And yet, there it was, the sole piece of mail to arrive today.

I happened to have been in town and took the ballot to its rightful address, and placed it into the mailbox, half-hoping her mail-in ballot would be in there. Nope. No mail in there whatsoever.

100%, totally reliable, they say. That's a crock.

...sometimes pieces of mail stick together...it is what it is...

#1772 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:55 PM

What would a single piece of mail be stuck to?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1773 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,852 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:06 PM

airborne water droplets.
  • Matt R. likes this

#1774 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

Victoria Buzz is attempting full blown character assassination of Stephen Andrew. It's weird, I don't think the equivalent buzz pages in other cities get this political

#1775 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 05:56 PM

airborne water droplets.

That’s got to be it.

Know it all.

#1776 m3m

m3m
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:00 PM

Victoria Buzz is attempting full blown character assassination of Stephen Andrew. It's weird, I don't think the equivalent buzz pages in other cities get this political

Is there a specific article you're referring to? The worst I could find was this:  https://www.victoria...tion-candidate/

#1777 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:45 PM

Wow!

#1778 JimV

JimV
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:11 PM

Is there a specific article you're referring to? The worst I could find was this:  https://www.victoria...tion-candidate/

I just read it.  Kind of a nasty article, I thought.  If he was on the boulevard there should have been no issue.

But who cares about Buzz anyway?  I never heard of it until you posted the link.

#1779 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:42 AM

Last year the Buzz team went on the attack against VV, when we ran a post about the potential for snowfall on some day or weekend, I forget now. They even got Environment Canada to add a comment saying there was zero chance of snow, and only they are to be trusted with weather forecasts, etc.

Then it snowed.

Stephen has nothing to be worried about.
  • GaryRanson and Teardrop like this

Know it all.

#1780 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:44 AM

Seems like there was a pretty clear policy against campaigning at the market. Not a good look for Stephen to completely ignore it, and then fight it.
  • Brayvehart likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users