Photo

2020 City of Victoria By-Election | December 12, 2020

• Please log in to reply
1768 replies to this topic

#1761 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,197 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:11 PM

Oh wow, she actually played that card: how dare you accuse me--a woman--of being a puppet of a man.

That's not the angle Andrew was coming from at all. He was pretty straightforward, you're aligned ideologically with Isitt/Loveday, are you truly independent.

I think TV has demonstrated there is no low to which they won't stoop.
  • Nparker likes this

#1762 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 17,139 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

One of the 11 candidates in Victoria’s council byelection is ending his campaign and endorsing an opponent.

Jason Heit withdrew too late to remove his name from the ballot, but he is calling on voters to support fellow candidate Stephen Andrew.

https://www.timescol...nent-1.24245659

• Nparker likes this

#1763 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 17,139 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

whoops

Edited by Victoria Watcher, Yesterday, 06:28 PM.

#1764 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 194 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Sorry Stephen, I hope I am wrong.

I stumbled across your interview with Duncan Morrison again recently (the one where he was tugging on your microphone)
My favourite clip of all time.

I am rooting for you and will vote for you (as a non-resident property owner)

That clip played at the international Edward R. Murrow Awards in NYC in front of the likes of Steve Croft, David Muir, Scott Pelley etc. The banquet hall burst into laughter.

#1765 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 194 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:56 PM

What a small world. Steven Andrew and Chamber head Bruce Williams are former CTV colleagues.

FYI, Bruce and I were not particularly close at CTV. He was management and hellish busy. Since leaving television, we have became better aquatinted. Quite interesting chap.

Edited by Stephen Andrew, Yesterday, 06:57 PM.

#1766 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 194 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

Oh wow, she actually played that card: how dare you accuse me--a woman--of being a puppet of a man.

That's not the angle Andrew was coming from at all. He was pretty straightforward, you're aligned ideologically with Isitt/Loveday, are you truly independent.

I highly suspect that line was written WEEKS ago. Lol
  • Rob Randall and A Girl is No one like this

#1767 Stephen Andrew

Stephen Andrew
  • 194 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

One of the 11 candidates in Victoria’s council byelection is ending his campaign and endorsing an opponent.

Jason Heit withdrew too late to remove his name from the ballot, but he is calling on voters to support fellow candidate Stephen Andrew.

https://www.timescol...nent-1.24245659

I am honoured to receive Jason Heit’s support snd encourage all his supported to reach out. Thank you Jadon
  • Nparker and Awaiting Juno like this

#1768 Rob Randall

Rob Randall

C'mon man, cut out the malarkey

• 14,109 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:10 PM

That's dirty politics plain and simple. I don't care if your name is Trump or Hardman or where you are on the political spectrum, when I see dirty tricks I call them out. 

Hardman and TV are continually trying to hang the misogynist label on Andrew, simply because they saw how effective it was when Hammond get similarly slimed. 

Any time Hardman gets a question she doesn't like she complains about the challenges women face and tries to change the subject.

Make no mistake: there is misogyny, injustice and exploitation of privilege in politics. But the way to fight it is with clear, common-sense, political courage, the kind exhibited by former councillors Helen Hughes and the late, great Bea Holland.

• Nparker, sebberry, grantpalin and 3 others like this

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#1769 LJ

LJ
  • 9,948 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

^And intelligent thoughtful answers.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users