• Please log in to reply
2544 replies to this topic

#281 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

I think that's isitt's next motion

Isitts next motion will be to share the unpaid money to Collins to the other members of council as they've had to increase their workload due to her leaving 

• Nparker likes this

#282 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

It’s gotten so busy up in City Hall that one Together Victoria councillor is on vacation on another continent.
  • Nparker, rjag and pennymurphy2000 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#283 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:54 AM

It’s gotten so busy up in City Hall that one Together Victoria councillor is on vacation on another continent.

Probably on a bike lane fact finding mission...hope he paid for his carbon credits....

#284 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

...hope he paid for his carbon credits....

I would imagine the taxpayers of the CoV paid for them.

#285 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:27 AM

the title of this thread needs a date modification.

#286 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:30 AM

How’s this?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#287 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,000 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:34 AM

if you had to keep changing the crystal pool thread title it'd be a full time job.

#288 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

We’re on election date revision #3 here. How many more can there be?

Know it all.

#289 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:21 PM

In June "A Better Victoria" page was launched on facebook and is also on twitter - and it appears to be ramping up to support a candidate in the by-election (my hunch would be Stephen Andrew), take a run in the byelection as a non-TV candidate.  I believe the positive messaging of the name is likely beneficial and will likely result in better reception of the message by the electorate, that change is needed in order to stop the trends that have been observed.

On another note - living near Clover Point, it is shocking how many people are now using Dallas Road parking to overnight in RV's.  I've also noticed an uptick in posts relating to vehicles being rummaged through in Fairfield in recent months (on the Fairfield Gonzales Community page).  What's the point of having bylaws if they are simply going to be ignored?  

• rjag, pennymurphy2000, A Girl is No one and 2 others like this

#290 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:26 PM

On another note - living near Clover Point, it is shocking how many people are now using Dallas Road parking to overnight in RV's.  I've also noticed an uptick in posts relating to vehicles being rummaged through in Fairfield in recent months (on the Fairfield Gonzales Community page).  What's the point of having bylaws if they are simply going to be ignored?  

I noticed that as well. I drive over to the Mother-in-laws usually Fairfield to Dallas and there has to be at least 10-15 vans and campers permanently parked there now

#291 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:27 PM

On another note - living near Clover Point, it is shocking how many people are now using Dallas Road parking to overnight in RV's. 

They kicked them out of Esquimalt Lagoon, they've got to go somewhere!

• rjag likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#292 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:28 PM

Steven Andrew would be such a breath of fresh air on council.

• rmpeers and Freedom57 like this

#293 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:34 AM

They kicked them out of Esquimalt Lagoon, they've got to go somewhere!

Like a purpose made campground/RV facility where they pay a per diem or a private driveway where they are permitted to park?  I'd be happy with either or those somewheres.  The situation is a bit at odds.  This council will rail against on street parking for those who have the gall to use a vehicle to commute or to run errands - but at the same time, when private vehicles are used as make shift housing, it's "bring it on".  Here have an oceanfront public space to do so.  

• Nparker likes this

#294 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:40 PM

the new bathrooms to be installed at clover point should make it an even more sought after  »campground ».

#295 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

the new bathrooms to be installed at clover point should make it an even more sought after »campground ».

Stop saying campground! Somewhere C Brett is getting a Google alert and then buying a ferry ticket.
  • Nparker, rjag, North Shore and 1 other like this

#296 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:09 AM

the new bathrooms to be installed at clover point should make it an even more sought after  »campground ».

Now to include showers....

#297 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Now to include showers....

Please tell me you are jesting about the showers AJ.

#298 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

It would be a great place for a hot tub. Awesome views. Heat from the sewage plant would keep it toasty. Geothermal.

• Awaiting Juno likes this

#299 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:50 PM

Clover point remains a pump station only.  But, no I was not jesting on the shower front, my understand is that they are outdoor showers that have been requested by some in the kite boarding community - from a recent neighborhood email:

Hello Everyone,

Along with the new toilets/washrooms at Clover Point, the city staff have now included showers in the design.  I know many people did not want the toilets at the Point, so just wondering about your thoughts on showers.

Also, the new location for the toilets at the Point is not down the hill partially hidden, they have moved it up the hill towards to road and viewing platform. 

If you have any comments, please let me know.  Depending on the response, we may have to start a letter writing campaign to mayor and council, city staff and CRD and CRD Sewage Treatment.

#300 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

From a briefing note on the Current Construction activities and next steps:

The Clover Point Pump Station is being upgraded and expanded. The current pump station was
built in the 1970s and pumped wastewater directly into the ocean. The expanded underground
pump station will pump wastewater to the McLoughlin Point Wastewater Treatment Plant for
tertiary treatment and provide bypass pumping to the existing outfall during storm events. The
scope of work includes several public realm improvements, including public washrooms,
pedestrian and bicycle paths, bicycle facilities, a public plaza, street furniture and road intersection
improvements. Construction work started in early 2018 and is expected to be complete in July
2020. The main structural components of the pump station are nearing completion and the large
pumps have been installed. Remaining construction activities include connecting the Clover
Forcemain to the pump station, installing a portion of the Trent Forcemain along the Dallas Road
Waterfront Trail and construction of the public amenities. Construction of the washroom facility
is also underway and is expected to be complete by July 2020. During detailed design
development an outdoor rinse station was incorporated in the washroom facility. The rinse station
provides kite surfers, swimmers, people and pets playing at the beach a place to rinse off sand
and saltwater. The washroom facility and the outdoor rinse station will be open to the public
during daylight hours.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users