COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#20661 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:20 AM

Time for some counter memes I guess. Those are awful. be right back. 

#20662 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:35 AM

RkMumCl.jpeg4i0z0Xr.jpeg

#20663 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:42 AM

@dasmo are you saying the reason you don't wish to get the vaccine is because of Pfizer's history? If so, it's pretty easy to get a different vaccine. EG pharmacies are only offering Moderna.

On the other hand, if it's not an ethical issue about Pfizer specifically for you, I fail to see why Pfizer's history is relevant. That's like saying you'll never buy bread because at one point most bread companies had their hands slapped for price fixing.

#20664 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:53 AM

For folks who would rather not have the Republican Party, or some right wing rag interpret, edit, or summarize Fauci's emails for them, here's a link to all of the emails that were released as a result of the FOI applicaition:

https://www.document...ny-fauci-emails

If you read all of them with an impassioned eye, you'll discover that they're not even close to what the GOP would like you to believe they are.

If you're not willing to take the time to read them all for yourself, please don't bother commenting on them, as you would be woefully misinformed (even though I realize that accuracy and honesty has never remotely been a consideration for the anti-vax crowd in the past).

Got more? Which email? I went to that link, and just searched for 'Lab'. no hits.

#20665 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:11 AM

@dasmo are you saying the reason you don't wish to get the vaccine is because of Pfizer's history? If so, it's pretty easy to get a different vaccine. EG pharmacies are only offering Moderna.

On the other hand, if it's not an ethical issue about Pfizer specifically for you, I fail to see why Pfizer's history is relevant. That's like saying you'll never buy bread because at one point most bread companies had their hands slapped for price fixing.

No, I am sharing a meme. My choices for what to do with my body are my business. It should be everyone's PRIVATE business. 

Another false equivalence. 

The message of that meme is to understand the issues with those that have the solution to this problem have a long record of manipulating media, coercing and threatening whistleblowers, and killing the public with faulty products they knew were faulty.  These same companies are responsible for testing their own product which is liability free and fund the media media that reports on it. 

The fact I have to explain that reinforces the meaning of the meme.  

• TFord likes this

#20666 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:16 AM

If we go way back in history, COVID-19 started with theories that the virus was created and released to [insert verb] the human race. Subsequently those theories disappeared, and were replaced with theories that the vaccines were created to [insert verb] the human race.

In the minds of people prone to believe conspiracy theories, the solution became the cause, but in the absence of a solution way back when, the initial pandemic was the cause. Which makes me wonder, is a subset of the population just wired to always search for these causes?

• vortoozo and Spy Black like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#20667 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:23 AM

In the minds of people prone to believe conspiracy theories, the solution became the cause, but in the absence of a solution way back when, the initial pandemic was the cause. Which makes me wonder, is a subset of the population just wired to always search for these causes?

What is your own theory on the source of the virus?

Or anybody else here.

I'm 99% sure it's a lab leak from Wuhan.  The coincidence is too large to say otherwise.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 January 2022 - 10:24 AM.

• max.bravo and TFord like this

#20668 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:24 AM

If we go way back in history, COVID-19 started with theories that the virus was created and released to [insert verb] the human race. Subsequently those theories disappeared, and were replaced with theories that the vaccines were created to [insert verb] the human race.

We are all wired this way. Even if the narrative you believe is everything is random. Memory holes are abound in the mainstream narrative as well. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? We have landed at a place where the government is telling you who you can invite into your home. They are creating laws that people can be fired without EI if they don't get an injection they don't want. We have implemented a segregation system with "show me your papers" happening right now. this is not conspiracy. 

Edited by dasmo, 17 January 2022 - 10:26 AM.

#20669 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:25 AM

I guess I don't have one.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#20670 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:29 AM

We are all wired this way. Even if the narrative you believe is everything is random. Memory holes are abound in the mainstream narrative as well. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? We have landed at a place where the government is telling you who you can invite into your home. The are creating laws that people can be fired without EI if they don't get an injection they don't want. We have implemented a segregation system with "show me your papers" happening right now. this is not conspiracy. 

Ah, see. Now you're falling down the conspiratorial rabbit hole.

The conspiracy started out with the virus being the conspiracy. Then the vaccines became the conspiracy. Then the government control became the conspiracy. Now the segregation is the conspiracy. And so on. When does it end? The answer is, it doesn't. There is always a segment of the population that sees a conspiracy in everything.

• vortoozo and Spy Black like this

Know it all.

#20671 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:34 AM

Ah, see. Now you're falling down the conspiratorial rabbit hole.

The conspiracy started out with the virus being the conspiracy. Then the vaccines became the conspiracy. Then the government control became the conspiracy. Now the segregation is the conspiracy. And so on. When does it end? The answer is, it doesn't. There is always a segment of the population that sees a conspiracy in everything.

What part of what I said is conspiracy? It is happening right now. 

#20672 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,344 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:37 AM

Some things ended up not being a conspiracy though.

• they told us masks were no good - it turned out they lied so we would not buy up supplies.
  • they told us it wasn't a lab leak - but new emails from Fauci show they moved to counter the theory well before any evidence pointed any way.

#20673 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:40 AM

• they told us masks were no good - it turned out they lied so we would not buy up supplies.
  • they told us it wasn't a lab leak - but new emails from Fauci show they moved to counter the theory well before any evidence pointed any way.

What emails? I can't find them in that dump.

#20674 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:44 AM

Saving mask supply for essential / hospital workers isn't a "conspiracy" though.

#20675 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:45 AM

I'm certain when the dust settles, legal cases and settlements will run for many years. I also have a feeling that anyone bullied or coerced into taking this vaccine will get substantial compensation. 

https://peckford42.w...s-and-freedoms/

TFord 

• dasmo likes this

#20676 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:46 AM

Saving mask supply for essential / hospital workers isn't a "conspiracy" though.

It was a lie with an agenda behind it.... but this is the only one right? 

• Victoria Watcher and max.bravo like this

#20677 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:48 AM

We are all wired this way. Even if the narrative you believe is everything is random. Memory holes are abound in the mainstream narrative as well. Remember two weeks to flatten the curve? We have landed at a place where the government is telling you who you can invite into your home. They are creating laws that people can be fired without EI if they don't get an injection they don't want. We have implemented a segregation system with "show me your papers" happening right now. this is not conspiracy. 

Are you saying here that your basic argument is that government should have have little or no power to tell or force people to do anything?

If that is not your position then the question I would ask is why do you believe the government has done all the above listed things?

#20678 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 10:52 AM

I am also hearing rumours of a class action lawsuit available to anyone that declined the vaccine. 

I will post when I learn more.

TFord 

#20679 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:06 PM

I am also hearing rumours of a class action lawsuit available to anyone that declined the vaccine. 

I will post when I learn more.

TFord 

Thank goodness you're on the case!

• sebberry, Matt R. and todd like this

#20680 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 January 2022 - 12:17 PM

Can we all just agree that the anti-mask, anti-vax conspiracy folks are the ones that the virus has the biggest chance of mutating in and being spread by?  

It's quite ironic that whose who cry the loudest about their rights being trampled on are the ones who are largely responsible for the continuation of the need to suspend some of our charter rights to keep the damn virus under control.  

• Sparky, vortoozo and Spy Black like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users