• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#20701 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:07 PM

Thank goodness you're on the case!

who's that trip trappin over my bridge...

TFord 

• Matt R. likes this

#20702 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:29 PM

No demonstration, no democracy, no free society. What gives them the right?

i'm sure you can find the relavant sections of the bc public health act: https://www.bclaws.g...tatreg/08028_01

#20703 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:32 PM

Thing is no one knows the answers to the above. They are all assumptions. People killing themselves, overdosing, losing their livelihoods is not. Plus, we have been doing all of the above and here we still are. What is that quote about doing the same thing expecting different results again? 

If we do not have some base of information that we agree on then we have no basis for a discussion,  I agree with all the above. People have been restricted from work and business owners have gone under despite some financial supports given to some.

Unfortunately people kill themselves and overdose. This was happening before covid.

Certainly fear of covid and covid restrictions and financial pressure has increased the numbers.. Why can we say this with some confidence, because we have collected information on the number of cases each month and year. We can see the changes in numbers. 

I believe the vaccines have a positive and protective effect because I can see the numbers.  We have information that with Omicron the number of people in hospital and ICU in BC is a much higher percent of unvaccinated population when compared to the percent of vaccinated population. ( Sources on line for BC)

Can you agree to that?

• Sparky likes this

#20704 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 04:38 PM

^ that is the kind of thing that the opposition parties should - well - oppose.

... the opposition Provincial Health Officer?

#20705 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:45 PM

If we do not have some base of information that we agree on then we have no basis for a discussion,  I agree with all the above. People have been restricted from work and business owners have gone under despite some financial supports given to some.

Unfortunately people kill themselves and overdose. This was happening before covid.

Certainly fear of covid and covid restrictions and financial pressure has increased the numbers.. Why can we say this with some confidence, because we have collected information on the number of cases each month and year. We can see the changes in numbers. 

I believe the vaccines have a positive and protective effect because I can see the numbers.  We have information that with Omicron the number of people in hospital and ICU in BC is a much higher percent of unvaccinated population when compared to the percent of vaccinated population. ( Sources on line for BC)

Can you agree to that?

Information collected you refer to hasn't been reported honestly, therein lies the problem. 

We are learning from the CDC themselves, if you rolled up at the hospital with a gun shot wound and you perished, you perished from and with Covid. Hospital collected up to $40,000 in the event of your death, from Covid. 

I exaggerate in the above example to make a point. 

TFord 

#20706 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:53 PM

COVID paid hospitals $40k per individual it killed?

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#20707 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,852 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:55 PM

“So, hospitals get an extra $13,000 if they diagnose a death as COVID-19,” a widely shared meme on Facebook claimed. “And an additional $39,000 if they use a ventilator!” One post of the meme, shared by hundreds, was captioned: “And then we wonder why the numbers of deaths are embellished…”

The figures cited by Jensen generally square with estimated Medicare payments for COVID-19 hospitalizations, based on average Medicare payments for patients with similar diagnoses.

Medicare — the federal health insurance program for Americans 65 and older, a central at-risk population when it comes to COVID-19 — pays hospitals in part using fixed rates at discharge based off a grouping system known as diagnosis-related groups.

https://www.factchec...19-death-count/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 January 2022 - 05:55 PM.

• TFord likes this

#20708 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:56 PM

The part hinging on ulterior, nefarious, and cabalistic motives behind the events taking place.

Asking people not to use masks, then asking them to use masks, is not a conspiracy, it's just a lame chain of events in a country that found itself unprepared to deal with a pandemic. There is no evil plot veiled behind the missteps we saw over the last 18 months. Please don't give incompetence and hot potatoe-ing so much respect  :banana:

Remember, this all started with the virus being the issue, then the vaccine became the issue. It's always something.

I didn't speak of motive.... I just stated what was happening. 

#20709 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:58 PM

i'm sure you can find the relavant sections of the bc public health act: https://www.bclaws.g...tatreg/08028_01

The constitution is the supreme law. That means it is above the PHA. This has also never been through the test of common law. This is why I bring up Oakes test.... 

• TFord likes this

#20710 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,852 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:58 PM

Asking people not to use masks, then asking them to use masks, is not a conspiracy, .

It actually is - by definition - if two or more groups conspire to mislead.

There is no doubt that politicians and health officials conspired to give the public misinformation about mask use at the beginning of the pandemic.

They literally told us masks do not work. Then did a complete 180 weeks or months later.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 January 2022 - 06:02 PM.

#20711 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:00 PM

Information collected you refer to hasn't been reported honestly, therein lies the problem. 

We are learning from the CDC themselves, if you rolled up at the hospital with a gun shot wound and you perished, you perished from and with Covid. Hospital collected up to $40,000 in the event of your death, from Covid. 

TFord 

If the information has not been reported honestly or  totally accurately the inaccuracies would apply equally to both vaccinated and unvaccinated. The comparison given  is still valid.

However your use of the word honestly will be used as an excuse to not accept the information. Can you give me any information that would not support that the information provided by BC  or the exaggerated case would affect the number comparison presented  between vaccinated and unvaccinated. 

I was talking about BC. Do BC hospitals get extra money if someone dies from  covid rather than a gunshot wound?

• TFord likes this

#20712 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,852 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:04 PM

^ no they don’t. But hospitals and health authorities certainly get higher budgets if they can show more cases or more beds filled.
  • TFord likes this

#20713 Arnold

Arnold
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:05 PM

TFord

Posting without exaggerating works better.

#20714 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:07 PM

sorry Mike I thought this information was general knowledge at this time

TFord 

• Matt R. likes this

#20715 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:07 PM

Posting without exaggerating works better.

I try my best A

TFord 

#20716 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,852 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:11 PM

^ no they don’t. But hospitals and health authorities certainly get higher budgets if they can show more cases or more beds filled.

I recently showed you this graph.  It's Alberta and their ICU bed usage.

https://www.alberta....thcare-capacity

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibilities that they get funding and staffing levels based on bed usage.  And through wild up and down covid waves over the past year they have managed to keep the beds filled to more or less the same percentage all along.

#20717 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

Can you agree to that?

This is the question. You may answer yes or no. If the answer is no it would be appreciated if it directly addressed the question.

Desire for higher budgets might be one interest for health districts. Again I do not see the relevance to a comparison of the hospitalization of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

However one could come up with some conspiracy theory that in some way they are reporting incorrect data  between vaccinated and unvaccinated because in some way it might be of benefit to the health now or in the future.

#20718 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

If the information has not been reported honestly or  totally accurately the inaccuracies would apply equally to both vaccinated and unvaccinated. The comparison given  is still valid.

However your use of the word honestly will be used as an excuse to not accept the information. Can you give me any information that would not support that the information provided by BC  or the exaggerated case would affect the number comparison presented  between vaccinated and unvaccinated. 

I was talking about BC. Do BC hospitals get extra money if someone dies from  covid rather than a gunshot wound?

I believe that information will be made public very soon. I'm trying to be factual, their is a lot of nonsense to wade through. Then you have the trolls that attack everything you say on this forum. 

It's early days for this information, its out there though. 

TFord 

#20719 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:23 PM

Over $200,000 raised (3 days) to support the Truck drivers protest next week, it's a very large response on the Go fund me page - many $5000 donations. 

This will turn into a s*** show, what a shame it has come to this. These drivers are a danger no-one, dedicated professionals doing a tough job.

shame 

TFord 

#20720 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:25 PM

This is the question. You may answer yes or no. If the answer is no it would be appreciated if it directly addressed the question.

Desire for higher budgets might be one interest for health districts. Again I do not see the relevance to a comparison of the hospitalization of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

However one could come up with some conspiracy theory that in some way they are reporting incorrect data  between vaccinated and unvaccinated because in some way it might be of benefit to the health now or in the future.

bottom line - without the facts we are clutching at straws. 

TFord 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users