Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:14 AM

https://www.cbc.ca/n...nding-1.5827045

drop in the ocean I guess! 

240 billion dollars 

TFord 

The CBC News analysis has tracked $105.66 billion in federal payments to individuals; $118.37 billion that has gone to businesses, non-profits and charitable organizations; 

Total above over  223 Billion.

Let us look at this amount first. Are you suggesting that the above payments should not have been made to support individuals and business organizations? Yes, some money will have gone to where it was not required.

Does the government not provide support ? What are the consequences of not providing such support?

What alternatives would you have suggested?

#20762 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,973 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:28 AM

Consistent Chemtrails are opening for Tinto Rocks in 2025.

#20763 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,973 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:33 AM

Good drop again in UK cases today.

#20764 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,973 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:35 AM

NICOLA STURGEON has been forced to backtrack on COVID-19 restrictions in Scotland as businesses vent their fury over the Omicron measures.

https://www.express....id-backlash/amp

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 January 2022 - 10:35 AM.

#20765 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:44 AM

At some point the denial needs to stop. "what freedoms have we lost" is getting a little ridiculous. Guys, it's not conspiracy anymore. It IS. Government IS telling you who you can have in your home and how many, They ARE making an injection a condition of employment after contracts have been signed, They HAVE implemented segregation, It's not just one shot, two shots, three shots or even four. This HAS been a slippery slope. It could be conspiracy when it wasn't here and people were warning you it was coming. Now it is here.... Forget the why for just a moment and accept what is. 

At least the cracks are forming in the mainstream....

https://www.reuters....aly-2022-01-16/

• max.bravo and TFord like this

#20766 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:48 AM

The CBC News analysis has tracked $105.66 billion in federal payments to individuals; $118.37 billion that has gone to businesses, non-profits and charitable organizations; 

Let us look at this amount first. Are you suggesting that the above payments should not have been made to support individuals and business organizations? Yes, some money will have gone to where it was not required.

Does the government not provide support ? What are the consequences of not providing such support?

Where is all this money coming from? 

#20767 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:53 AM

Good editorial from UChicago about the ethics of ongoing booster mandates. Worth the read.
https://thechicagoth...e-not-lab-rats/

#20768 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:54 AM

Where is all this money coming from? 

The same places that all Canadian money comes from.

Look up where money comes from.

#20769 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:57 AM

actually the opposite is true as we see in today's news (post #20755):

Support for populist parties and politicians, and agreement with populist sentiment, has diminished during the pandemic, according to a “mega-dataset” taking in attitudes of over half a million people across 109 countries since 2020.

A University of Cambridge team say there are clear signs of a turning tide for the “populist wave”, as the mishandling of coronavirus by populist leaders – along with a desire for stability and a decline in “polarising” attitudes resulting from the pandemic – starts to move public opinion.

The authors of the new report, from Cambridge’s Centre for the Future of Democracy (CFD), describe the study as the first global overview of how the Covid-19 crisis has affected political beliefs.

They say that threats posed by the pandemic saw a “technocratic” shift in political authority worldwide, with increased trust in government, and in experts such as scientists and civil servants. Yet faith in the democratic process has continued to falter.

“The story of politics in recent years has been the emergence of anti-establishment politicians who thrive on the growing distrust of experts,” said Dr Roberto Foa, Co-Director of the CFD and the report’s lead author.

“From Erdogan and Bolsonaro to the ‘strong men’ of Eastern Europe, the planet has experienced a wave of political populism. Covid-19 may have caused that wave to crest.”

https://www.alphagal...y/ItemId/216604

#20770 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:00 AM

It is not a question of whether the Feds should have provided support, it was all about the oversight and how they responded when reports of extensive fraud started coming in.

I think that things started reasonably well but when people found out that NOBODY was checking or validating claims and their buddies were making off like bandits then they figured why not me? 

#20771 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:01 AM

The money was printed by the Feds and then flowed into real estate, crypto, the stock market and other high valued assets creating massive bubbles. 

#20772 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:08 AM

The money was printed by the Feds and then flowed into real estate, crypto, the stock market and other high valued assets creating massive bubbles. 

Money hasn't been printed by the feds since 1974. We used to borrow it from ourselves which would constitute government printing it virtually.

Money is created through debt. Where or who are we borrowing it from? 

#20773 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:31 AM

My third wife thought that it grew on trees.

• dasmo likes this

#20774 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:32 AM

It is not a question of whether the Feds should have provided support, it was all about the oversight and how they responded when reports of extensive fraud started coming in.

I think that things started reasonably well but when people found out that NOBODY was checking or validating claims and their buddies were making off like bandits then they figured why not me? 

Over 220 Billion went to people etc. Yes some went where it was not needed as I said. So you agree that support was necessary?

Your concern is that there is not sufficient oversight? I agree?

Your last sentence reminds me of an often made comment by a parent to a child............If everyone jumped off a cliff should you?

That is a society value issue. Some will say yes I will take advantage and get what I think is my due, Others will say no, just because some take advantage of a situation it is not appropriate for me to do so.

If you wish you can share your position on this question.

#20775 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,973 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:36 AM

Support wasn’t likely necessary.

Less support would have probably lead to better solutions.

#20776 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:40 AM

Money hasn't been printed by the feds since 1974. We used to borrow it from ourselves which would constitute government printing it virtually.

Money is created through debt. Where or who are we borrowing it from? 

Look it up.  It is not easy for most of us to understand how it works.

Here is one explanation I found  .https://www.fraserin...monetary-theory

If you find a simple explanation let me know.

• Sparky likes this

#20777 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:42 AM

Support wasn’t likely necessary.

Less support would have probably lead to better solutions.

We can all have an opinion.

#20778 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:45 AM

It's just a matter of time.

https://www.debtclock.ca/

#20779 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 12:22 PM

It's just a matter of time.

https://www.debtclock.ca/

And that is just Federal debt. Add in the Provinces and it is closer to $2T. Interest rates are expected to rise at least 2% over the next 18 months, that alone will add $40B in extra costs each year. 

#20780 TFord

TFord
  • Suspended User
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 01:11 PM

At some point the denial needs to stop. "what freedoms have we lost" is getting a little ridiculous. Guys, it's not conspiracy anymore. It IS. Government IS telling you who you can have in your home and how many, They ARE making an injection a condition of employment after contracts have been signed, They HAVE implemented segregation, It's not just one shot, two shots, three shots or even four. This HAS been a slippery slope. It could be conspiracy when it wasn't here and people were warning you it was coming. Now it is here.... Forget the why for just a moment and accept what is. 

This ^^^^

TFord 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users