• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#20821 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,300 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 08:26 AM

Looks like we might have hit peak hospitalizations:

Quebec public health authorities' observation Tuesday that the pace of hospitalizations is slowing is borne out by Wednesday's numbers, with a net increase of only eight hospitalizations, and a slight decrease in ICU cases.

Deaths, however, remain very high, with 88 newly reported, just one less than Tuesday's count.

Hospital turnover also remains quite high, with 359 new admittances -- there were also many discharges, however, leading to the small net increase. 

https://montreal.ctv...tions-1.5746023

Ontario:

Of the 4,132 people in hospital with COVID-19, which is down by 51 since yesterday, 53.4 per cent of them were admitted because of the virus, while 46.6 per cent were admitted for other reasons but tested positive for COVID-19.

https://q107.com/new...19-coronavirus/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 January 2022 - 08:29 AM.

#20822 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:03 AM

The vaccination numbers do continue to make apparent that the anti-vax crowd is but a tiny (but very vocal) minority of the Canadian population, but that small minority is the group that the virus will continue to swirl around in, and continue to mutate into further variants ... some of which may be minor, and some of which could potentially return us to March/April of 2020.

Every time the virus replicates there is the chance of a mutation and a chance that mutation can become the next variant of concern regardless of whether the infected host is vaccinated or not.  

#20823 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:13 AM

UK ending all mandates and Vax pass. If it's good enough for them why not us? Or is Boris trying to dig himself out of the hole he is in by lifting the rules he has ignored? Note how half the parliament still laughs at him.

https://youtu.be/Gyv7PvBG9kc

#20824 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,114 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:19 AM

He must go out of his way to make his hair look like that.

Is that a thing? Get out of the shower, mess up your hair and put on your suit and tie?

I am definitely missing something with this one.

#20825 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,300 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:20 AM

He pays a person to keep his hair like that.

#20826 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:21 AM

He must go out of his way to make his hair look like that.

Is that a thing? Get out of the shower, mess up your hair and put on your suit and tie?

I am definitely missing something with this one.

He is following Stalin's and Hitlers lead but, like Trump, he is going for ridiculous hair instead of the mustache.... 

#20827 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:42 AM

If it's good enough for them why not us?

Well, their covid death rate is about 3 times ours, for one.

#20828 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,300 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:43 AM

Ours is 30x Prince Edward Island. Did we do it wrong?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 January 2022 - 10:43 AM.

#20829 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:43 AM

Dix made it clear yesterday that the “indefinite” order was just a bridge for one day until today’s announcement.

Feb 16 means no Valentine’s Day “events” for restaurants and falls on a Wednesday so they will announce on Tuesday the 15th another extension to Easter. :)

Valentines Day in restaurants should be relatively normal, no? Unless you were planning on taking your swingers group of over 6 people, I guess.

#20830 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 January 2022 - 10:45 AM

After posting tinfoil hat comments about the vaccine, this person is now asking for prayers.

https://twitter.com/QTWIQ1

EDIT:  No posts for a few days because she's been intubated.  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#20831 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:00 AM

After posting tinfoil hat comments about the vaccine, this person is now asking for prayers.

https://twitter.com/QTWIQ1

EDIT:  No posts for a few days because she's been intubated.  

Instead you give them ridicule? Oh the humanity....

#20832 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:03 AM

Instead you give them ridicule? Oh the humanity....

Hrm, which "side" has been offering more ridicule?

How many hospitals have vaccinated people protested?

#20833 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:17 AM

Valentines Day in restaurants should be relatively normal, no? Unless you were planning on taking your swingers group of over 6 people, I guess.

Oh yes, relatively. I’m not entirely sure how the events and gatherings PHO applies to promoting valentines dinner as an “event” because I don’t bother doing anything. :)

#20834 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:25 AM

Hrm, which "side" has been offering more ridicule?

How many hospitals have vaccinated people protested?

One side has the power of the mainstream media... But yes I observe the duality.

Your second comment makes no sense.

The vaccine industry needs no help from the people. The industry is liability free, does their own testing, has their products pre-purchased, are mandated by the government, get free advertising from the MSM and distribution is covered by the government. 

Edited by dasmo, 19 January 2022 - 11:25 AM.

#20835 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:28 AM

One side has the power of the mainstream media... But yes I observe the duality.

Your second comment makes no sense.

The vaccine industry needs no help from the people. The industry is liability free, does their own testing, has their products pre-purchased, are mandated by the government, get free advertising from the MSM and distribution is covered by the government. 

My point was that anti-vaxxers have been much more vocal than vaccinated people. Despite your alleged post that someone was being ridiculed. She literally posted a meme about tin foil hats recently. I don't think that sebberry was ridiculing them at all.

#20836 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:43 AM

My point was that anti-vaxxers have been much more vocal than vaccinated people. Despite your alleged post that someone was being ridiculed. She literally posted a meme about tin foil hats recently. I don't think that sebberry was ridiculing them at all.

People who chose a different path to health are under attack. They are losing their employment (have lost it without EI), they can't do normal things like go to the pool or the restaurant or shop in many places, they are lambasted in the media, They are losing family and friends due to the propaganda of hate. What are the vaccinated experiencing that would make them loud? 

What was the point of posting it here and the tone was ridicule but gaslight away! 

#20837 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:44 AM

The industry really doesn't need the help of the people...

25434.jpeg

#20838 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:45 AM

speaking of money....

"England’s flagship test-and-trace service is still spending more than £1m a day on private consultants, official figures reveal weeks after MPs lambasted it as an “eye-watering” waste of taxpayers’ money that is failing to cut Covid infection levels."

https://www.theguard...-on-consultants

#20839 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:46 AM

What is the root of your objection? That Pfizer is making money?

#20840 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:55 AM

People who chose a different path to health are under attack. They are losing their employment (have lost it without EI), they can't do normal things like go to the pool or the restaurant or shop in many places, they are lambasted in the media, They are losing family and friends due to the propaganda of hate. What are the vaccinated experiencing that would make them loud? 

What was the point of posting it here and the tone was ridicule but gaslight away! 

Still waiting for your solution to either end or keep covid under control.  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)