Photo

COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#26161 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:21 AM

I must admit I am skeptical of the use of the same vaccine for a mutated virus. We don't treat seasonal flu this way.

The flu is treated like that every year...  The shot is against many different variations and changes each year against the most common...  There isn't one flu virus.

• Brayvehart likes this

#26162 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:29 AM

Not on what I am hearing. Shortages so bad inducements to return are rampant.

I’m my telegram group of 400 public servants exactly zero have been called back. Many have been served termination paperwork this week.

Dix and the bc public service doubled down this week. ICYMI https://www.timescol...workers-5500861

Edited by max.bravo, 24 June 2022 - 09:33 AM.

#26163 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:32 AM

I am so glad to now have the BC Public Service in my rearview mirror. It is nothing like the organization I joined in 1991. It has become painfully woke. The "Thought Police" are calling all the shots.

• max.bravo likes this

#26164 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,243 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:33 AM

the flu disappeared though....  

Flu Has Disappeared for More Than a Year

https://www.scientif...ovid-pandemic1/

The flu shot failed to ever make a dent. So for those that are afraid just stay home and wear a mask. It's much more effective it seems 

#26165 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,243 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:34 AM

I am so glad to now have the BC Public Service in my rearview mirror. It is nothing like the organization I joined in 1991. It has become painfully woke. The "Thought Police" are calling all the shots.

:bow:

• Nparker likes this

#26166 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:37 AM

Let's just say the vaccine mandate is one of their more comparatively reasonable policies of late.

Edited by Nparker, 24 June 2022 - 10:22 AM.

#26167 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:16 AM

the flu disappeared though....  

Flu Has Disappeared for More Than a Year

https://www.scientif...ovid-pandemic1/

The flu shot failed to ever make a dent. So for those that are afraid just stay home and wear a mask. It's much more effective it seems 

All figured out and understood why...  Flu shots have done their jobs for the most part to reduce..  I don't think many people get them really...

#26168 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,243 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:32 AM

All figured out and understood why...  

Spoken like a true assumptionologist! 

#26169 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:34 AM

To Sparky ... respectfully ... please don't tell me what to post and/or how to post it.

Considering what's posted on a daily basis on V.V., for you to single out the word "loser" in my post is the height of hypocrisy.

Spy...respectfully I disagree with your interpretation of what a moderator's responsibilities consist of. You are correct in that we should not tell you what to post...but we can (and should) point out what you should not post. 

Your over simplification of my singling out of the word "loser" distracts from my request that you refer to other member's opinions respectfully.

Here is what you posted in response to a max.bravo post.

"You, and a couple of other rabid pundits here on the forum (with nothing better to do) ... are the only guys even still talking about this bit of history!

Move on losers!"

This (in my mind) is a personal attack aimed towards a fellow contributor. How do think that makes max feel? More importantly, how do you think the hundreds of non member readers feel when they have to witness this type of personal attack when they come here to educate themselves on what is going on with Covid.

Let's all get back to the Covid topic at hand...and stop the personal confrontations.

That's all I am asking.

• Nparker likes this

#26170 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:59 AM

I stand by what I posted.

Attempting to equivocate between "Karen" and "loser", and worrying about how poor Max feels, all in order to uphold the original poorly made point serves nobody.

There are literally a dozen or more disrespectful posts put up on V.V. every day ... completely ignored by moderators (some of whom participate in the put-downs and insults on a regular, if not daily basis).

• Brayvehart likes this

#26171 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:02 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way. Two wrongs don't make a right.

You have just lost my respect.

#26172 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:17 AM

Geez Louise. Some people’s kids, eh? :banana:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26173 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:29 AM

I stand by what I posted.

Attempting to equivocate between "Karen" and "loser", and worrying about how poor Max feels, all in order to uphold the original poorly made point serves nobody.

There are literally a dozen or more disrespectful posts put up on V.V. every day ... completely ignored by moderators (some of whom participate in the put-downs and insults on a regular, if not daily basis).

Twice now you’ve misused the word equivocate and I can’t stay quiet any longer. Please review the definition- it means to be intentionally vague. In this instance you might’ve used the word ‘clarify’ or ‘differentiate’ to describe the moderators’ attempts to define the relative impact of Karen vs. Loser. You are the only one equivocating here, and I’m tired of pretending you’re not.

#26174 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:32 AM

You are the only one equivocating here, and I’m tired of pretending you’re not.

Well quit pretending I'm not then!

• Brayvehart likes this

#26175 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:32 AM

Could we get back to the topic please.

#26176 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:34 AM

You have just lost my respect.

It was never there to begin with, or you'd not have posted in an effort to single out my perceived insult, while ignoring the dozens of other insults posted on V.V. every day.

Regardless, we're even, you've lost my respect as well.

• Brayvehart likes this

#26177 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:35 AM

Whoosh. As expected.

Yes, let’s discuss the link I posted a few posts back where the UK’s NHS admits that double vaccinated people with a subsequent covid infection have fewer N antibodies than the unvaccinated following a covid infection.
Anyone care to take a stab at why that might be?

This is extremely concerning information. Think it through. Take all the time you need…

Also refer to public health data from any Western country from the last 3 months— all of them show the double+ vaccinated are more likely to catch and die from covid than unvaccinated. Why?

Edited by max.bravo, 24 June 2022 - 11:36 AM.

#26178 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,243 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:38 AM

Whoosh. As expected.

Yes, let’s discuss the link I posted a few posts back where the UK’s NHS admits that double vaccinated people with a subsequent covid infection have fewer N antibodies than the unvaccinated following a covid infection.
Anyone care to take a stab at why that might be?

This is extremely concerning information. Think it through. Take all the time you need…

Also refer to public health data from any Western country from the last 3 months— all of them show the double+ vaccinated are more likely to catch and die from covid than unvaccinated. Why?

Racism or climate change…
  • Nparker likes this

#26179 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:44 AM

Answer: it’s because mRNA lipidnanoparticles enter any cell and turn it into a spike protein factory- which gets subsequently destroyed.
Including specialized immune cells in the lymphatic system. (And cells all over the body where lipid nanoparticles congregate).

This is something that can traditional vaccines cannot do. Only mRNA vaccines can mark your own immune system’s cells to destroy itself.

Do these specialized immune cells regenerate, or once you lose them are they gone forever?

If you don’t believe me, refute it. This is all 100% true. The only question is how big is the impact.

Edited by max.bravo, 24 June 2022 - 11:45 AM.

#26180 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:51 AM

I’ll break this down to a level the NPCs can understand.

Lipid nanoparticles are the ‘envelope’ for mRNA.

Lipid nanoparticles, once injected into you, will be absorbed into ANY cell it encounters in your body.

The mRNA is released, and that cell produces spike protein on its surface, which then triggers your immune system to attack the cell with the spike protein.

Lipid nanoparticles are small enough to cross the blood brain barrier.

Lipid nanoparticles turn the fighter cells in your immune system into spike-displaying cells which get destroyed.

Lipid nanoparticles bioaccumulate in the gonads, kidneys, heart, and other organs. Turning all kinds of cells in your body into spike protein factories. Which cells are then destroyed.

This is all true. And maybe it’s a fine and good idea with absolutely no health impacts.

Or maybe it was prudent to wait for long term safety and efficacy data before taking the injection.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users