COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#14141 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:45 AM

You add no value because it flies in the face of the most reasoned advice. Yes, we are in uncharted territory but we have to go where the science points us.

You say the governments of the world should have abandoned  developing vaccines and let the virus run rampant over the globe. I don't think that approach was ever advisable or even possible. So I don't actually know what you're trying to advocate.

Maybe take a poll if I "add no value". I would love to just leave here. let's hear it folks. Do I add no value? 

Edited by dasmo, 07 April 2021 - 09:46 AM.

#14142 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:52 AM

Here you go. Vote me off the tribe or not. I require a unanimous decision and I will leave you all to your bubble. 

https://vibrantvicto...add-value-here/

#14143 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:13 AM

Specifically to this thread only, i see your presence as a negative. Maybe stick to posting in the other threads. I have no issue with that. The “governments are forcibly experimenting on the Jews” isn’t welcome as far as I’m concerned.
  • vortoozo and Brayvehart like this

#14144 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:32 AM

Has no one ever gotten a little lost on some social media comment sections? I think dasmo adds tons of value because he takes that type of belief structure and injects a tolerable amount into this otherwise group think thread. If there were 5 dasmo's it would be too much though :D

#14145 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

You should get your chance shortly and sorry but it is 10% effective. https://www.forbes.c...sh=632d42cf6526

...from the same article: It is important to note that there were still no cases of hospitalization for severe Covid-19 or deaths observed in the study.

#14146 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:36 AM

You should get your chance shortly and sorry but it is 10% effective. https://www.forbes.c...sh=632d42cf6526

The data is all over the place because of the really small sample size for variant cases within the existing clinical trials. It also depends on whether you are talking about effective against any infection, or effective against hospitalization/death. In any case, I'll stipulate that it is far less effective against some variants. But if there were a cancer vaccine available, only it wasn't effective against pancreatic or liver cancer, I'd still be interested in the vaccine.

The risk/benefit of the AZ vaccine is very clear, especially for my age/gender. To be clear, if I were offered a choice between AZ and Pfizer tomorrow, I'd choose Pfizer. But that choice doesn't exist at the moment. My choice is likely to be between AZ or remaining unvaccinated for a significantly longer amount of time. It's an easy choice.

• vortoozo and Brayvehart like this

#14147 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:55 AM

Specifically to this thread only, i see your presence as a negative. Maybe stick to posting in the other threads. I have no issue with that. The “governments are forcibly experimenting on the Jews” isn’t welcome as far as I’m concerned.

I didn't say that. I just stated facts. MRNA injections are experimental. There hasn't been successful animal trials. Human trials are not complete. Humans are not being informed of these facts. The risks are unmown. Israel is mandating their citizens to take this injection in order to access society. That is force. The Nuremberg code is clear. This is being legislated to happen across the EU. It is being legislated to happen in New York. It is now coming to California too. https://www.mercuryn...be-left-behind/

#14148 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:02 AM

^So development of vaccines was a mistake? 

• Brayvehart likes this

#14149 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,297 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:06 AM

“access society” is a bit extreme.

after the testing you desire is complete in a decade or two they can re-join activities.

that sounds safest for them.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 April 2021 - 11:07 AM.

#14150 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:17 AM

^So development of vaccines was a mistake? 

Why do you draw these strawmen arguments. 

I am saying forced medical experimentation on an unsuspecting public is wrong. 

#14151 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:18 AM

“access society” is a bit extreme.

after the testing you desire is complete in a decade or two they can re-join activities.

that sounds safest for them.

So you support the notion of medical apartheid. Gotcha. 

#14152 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,297 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:27 AM

So you support the notion of medical apartheid. Gotcha. 

i support steps that keep vulnerable (unvaccinated) away from the disease until it is studied much more extensively, as you desire.  so we keep the unvaccinated away from crowds.  they can participate in other parts of society until if and when they are comfortable.  and nobody ever makes them get vaccinated.

#14153 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:32 AM

And do you support medical experimentation on a massive scale on an unsuspecting public? 

#14154 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:32 AM

I am saying forced medical experimentation on an unsuspecting public is wrong. 

I'm curious as to why you hold the position that this is any more of an experiment than say, treating various forms of cancer for example.  Chemotherapy comes with all sorts of nasty side effects and risks, and it's often unknown how or if the cancer will respond to treatment.  

• Brayvehart likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#14155 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:33 AM

The trials are not complete. 

https://clinicaltria...lts/NCT04368728

bwVv1f6.jpg

#14156 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:34 AM

I'm curious as to why you hold the position that this is any more of an experiment than say, treating various forms of cancer for example.  Chemotherapy comes with all sorts of nasty side effects and risks, and it's often unknown how or if the cancer will respond to treatment.  

No one is talking about forcing me to get chemo therapy when I am not even sick in order to keep my job or get on a plane or put my kids in school. 

Edited by dasmo, 07 April 2021 - 11:34 AM.

#14157 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:36 AM

Note the trial is in HEALTHY individuals even. Meanwhile we are injecting those who are not the healthiest.... Like my friend who is going in for a 2 day spinal cancer surgery. Gave him the injection.... 

#14158 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,297 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:39 AM

And do you support medical experimentation on a massive scale on an unsuspecting public? 

YES.  to some and perhaps varying degrees all new medicines are experimental.  they are also optional.

also:  yolo.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 April 2021 - 11:40 AM.

• Rob Randall and Brayvehart like this

#14159 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:41 AM

Standing by idly while people die from covid-19 is wrong.

You have blood on your hands. You are literally advocating for more people to die when you encourage them not to take the vaccine.

• Brayvehart likes this

#14160 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:58 AM

Standing by idly while people die from covid-19 is wrong.

You have blood on your hands. You are literally advocating for more people to die when you encourage them not to take the vaccine.

That is an insane statement. The opposite is true. I am not telling anyone to do anything. What evidence can you provide that lockdowns forced isolation constant fear mongering masking our children all day and MRNA injections are not causing untold harms?  Covid deaths are almost 80% concentrated on those aged above our average lifespan. That is a FACT. The deaths are also predominantly in long term care homes. Meanwhile all these measures are potentially ruining the lives of our youth. 

I am presenting facts that the media is not presenting. That is all I am doing. I propose taking a wholistic approach to health. Do you believe health comes from being injected with an experimental substance that you have no idea what it's risks are or what is even in it at the complete disregard of the effects of food, exercise, stress, sunshine, mental health? 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users